VW New Sharan

MadDog70

Will this come to Singapore?

3157_p1_s_1.jpg

The new Sharan features the Volkswagen family look at the front, with sharp lines and a wide, horizontal front grille. The interior has been completely revamped, with the use of better quality materials and a more modern design over its predecessor.

The new Sharan is also bigger than the car it replaces, being longer by a massive 220mm, now measuring 4850mm long. It is also wider by 92mm, now measuring 1902mm wide, while wheelbase has also been increased by 75mm, to 2920mm. This translates to better interior space for passengers and luggage.

The Sharan also features a pair of large sliding doors for better access to the rear, and buyers can specify for them to be electronically-operated, along with the rear tailgate. The centre row of seats are three individual chairs that can be moved by up to 160 mm back and forth if required, or can be folded down to create a flat load space when not in use. Volkswagen says due to the increase in size, the third row can now accommodate adults comfortably, and can also fold flat when not needed. The boot of the Sharan offers 711 litres of capacity with the seats up, and a whopping 2297 litres when the second and third rows of seats are folded down.

The engine range of the Sharan has been completely revamped, with a choice of Volkswagen

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Volkswagen-Sharan-231010653467111600x1060.jpg

Volkswagen-Sharan-24210104094881600x1060.jpg

Volkswagen-Sharan-24210104085191600x1060.jpg

design language in line with rest of vw models, not bad really. looks better than current touran imo.

Edited by Invigorated

Any pics of the rear??? Hope it's not as van like as Touran...

Think VW really have an issue with naming their MPVs...Especially in this region...

Touran & Sharan... Next one will be Guairan [laugh]:D

Neutral Newbie

I just closed a thread on Alfa 8C... suddenly looking at this monstrosity after salivating over the 8C.... :blink:

I don't know why there's a thread comparing Alfas and VW... really world's apart...

(edited)

Agree. The looks really GSL sian. Silver grey somemore. [sleeping]

I find VW all along make boring cars with exception of Scirocco and even then, its dashboard is so boring looking..then wonder what's the point to have this sharan which looks somehow similar kind of car to the touran which is already kinda boring..

Edited by Damienic

VGS will probably bring in the 7DSG 1.4TSI 150bhp and 6DSG 2.0TSI 200bhp versions...

however, i'm starting to hate the VW corporate face design...

all their cars look the same now!! [sleeping] [sleeping]

you just need to decide what type of car to get, sedan, hatch, MPV, SUV...etc...

sian...

VGS will probably bring in the 7DSG 1.4TSI 150bhp and 6DSG 2.0TSI 200bhp versions...

you just need to decide what type of car to get, sedan, hatch, MPV, SUV...etc...

sian...

Agree, u can tell whether it's a polo, golf, scirocco, touran or Jetta looking at the cars from the rear view mirror :D

sian...

1.4 TSI looks real good given current COE market:

http://www.autozine.co.uk/text/863.html

priced correctly, it can really kick estima and alphard's ass with its cat A COE.

I just feel this looks like a van.

yea like the liteace toyota van. Cant wait to hear what the clarkson would say.