Toyota Prius in runaway drama on California freeway

Ben5266

Neutral Newbie

Oh no I must becareful.

I can see that this Prius is the Gen II model.

The bloody same model that I am driving.

LTA and my PI still do not want to recall.

Hiz....

I think i must drive very slowly le....

OH no no hand brake........

keyless somemore... siao liao

you can try out Flintstone style to stop the car.. [idea]

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Next time want to speed, just buy a Toyota. If kenna caught, just say the car accelerate on it's own...so easy. [laugh]

I'd like to know just how they can check whether it was really a fault with the brakes and accelerator that made the car accelerate uncontrollably and not just someone taking advantage of the situation and going on speeding joyrides. If tomorrow I take my Corolla out to zoom down the SLE at 160km/h, can I call the TP after having my fun to tell them that my accelerator suddenly got problem? :D

Supercharged

Your corolla at 160km/h, your rpm should be near 5000 already. A slight release of pedal will slow the car down immediately unless something is wrong with the car. Not easy to fake la brother.

In open/empty road still okay, in typical road like singapore, some ppl will have to go to heaven earlier.....

That's why we need road hogger off lane 1. Otherwise, they may become angels [:p]

Your corolla at 160km/h, your rpm should be near 5000 already. A slight release of pedal will slow the car down immediately unless something is wrong with the car. Not easy to fake la brother.

I don't know what happened! The accelerator pedal got stuck! *pleads innocence*

Out of curiousity (KPO), I have managed to get my hand on a borneo motors (s) pte ltd tax invoice.

On the invoice it stated as follow;

The job/Parts Description :

For Record purpose.

Upgrade ABS management system under toyota special service campign.

Done Up brake test - all within spec.

1) Step accellearter, Eng die off - Chk, No finding.

PS. The above was done on a pirus on 10/2/2010. Fortuantely not my ride though belong to my friend. [drivingcar]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Out of curiousity (KPO), I have managed to get my hand on a borneo motors (s) pte ltd tax invoice.

On the invoice it stated as follow;

The job/Parts Description :

For Record purpose.

Upgrade ABS management system under toyota special service campign.

Done Up brake test - all within spec.

1) Step accellearter, Eng die off - Chk, No finding.

PS. The above was done on a pirus on 10/2/2010. Fortuantely not my ride though belong to my friend. [drivingcar]

I have stacks and stacks of BM's invoice for the repair / maintenance

1. they always say for record purpose

2. they always say upgrade / for customer assurance even though the replaced parts are found defective and replaced with new improved modified version of the related parts - only their workshop people will tell u verbally what has been discussed to do to the car

even when after test drive done with workshop people and car owner to determine what is the problem and found what is the problem, they still key into the computer as general check ...... never would they key in and say xxxx found defective, to replace

and after the repair / replace the warranty parts, they will say ....bla bla bla for customer assurance, xxx replaced

Edited by Fedup-camry

Supercharged

I don't know what happened! The accelerator pedal got stuck! *pleads innocence*

The TP will then check your front wheel for break dust and see got smoke or not.

If got smoke, your pedal stuck. If no, you try to smoke him.

See here.

http://motoring.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/...0-203648/2.html

"There was heavy brake dust on the inside of the wheels and the brakes were smoking when the officer finally caught up to him," Pennings told Reuters.

↡ Advertisement