Auction Cars in Sgcarmart

Introz

Agree!!! the winning bids are insanely high. Impossible to win at auctions. I suspect its confirmed kelong... No reason how come only dealers get to win but individuals never win at all.

Anybody here agree that the auctions are kelonged?

maybe stable and regular customer?

↡ Advertisement

maybe stable and regular customer?

I dont see a reason why dealer want to kelong this kind of deals. After going thru so many troubles, the margin is so little....

I guess as a dealer, you need to showcase come ride in order to attract customer.... in sales this are call lost dealer tactic if i am not wrong..... buy a car there for show to attract customer and try to switch to other car which is profitable....

I dont see a reason why dealer want to kelong this kind of deals. After going thru so many troubles, the margin is so little....

tat u are wrong. this is how they kelong ( from wat i heard )

the dealer expressing interest in a car will notify the auctioneer n give him some undertable $$$

on the actual day of auction, the dealer will have submitted his bid to the auctioneer. even if u have submitted a higher bid, the auctioneer will still award to the dealer. why u will ask, becos they will claim that they didnt receive your bid [lipsrsealed]

remember, all these biddings are manually done, not electronic n traceable [gossip]

actually, if finance coys want to regain their money, why auction. i read through and saw that most require above valuation to cover. isnt auction meant for those who want to buy something cheaper as they cant afford one? (think monopoly game). ppl will try to cut off with as little difference to the listed price as possible maybe even lower. if finance coys wanna make back, just advertise and state their asking price and conditions. simple game right?

and i find the fairest amount to pay will be the COE paid at reg +OMV of car.

Edited by Mllcg

Neutral Newbie

For all those who are considering to buy Auction Cars........I have the below interesting review.

As I am travelling, I had to get a friend to go on-site to see the 2 cars that are on the market. One is a Toyota Estima and other is a Honda Stream, both on the auction by GE Money.......here's the review unfetterred:

==========================================

I have seen the 2 cars.

Both have no keys at all, so cannot check all electronics, engine or milage.

Big risk.

Both Physical condition to me is below satisfactory.

Estima.

1. Bad smell in the cabin.

2. Tyre tread already bare. Yes can change, but tells you that this owner do not bother about his vehicle maintenance.

3. Leather upholstery already worn out at some parts.

4. Some plastic interior badly scratched.

5. Right passenger door cannot open. Not sure if its faulty. But all other doors no problem.

6. Boot door already misaligned. Rubbing on metal when I close.

7. Brake Disc all rusty.

8. Appears to be ants infested.

This car looks like gone through quite a lot, mileage should be very

extensive. If want to overhaul this car, think paint job 3000, leather upholstery 3500, repair the doors and boot 2000, key 1100, tyre 1200...EXCLUDING engine matters and electronics. So maybe 13k to 15k to make good if nothing serious. But i do not think you can do anything to the scratches in the interior plastics.

Stream.

1. Even worse smell, smoking in car for sure.

2. Seats are fabric and foam like, very cheap looking. Fabric is a bit dirty at some parts.

3. Some rubber in the interior, eg gear knob, has turned sticky.

4. Very obvious scratches all over exterior, especially door handles.

5. Too many modifications, extra gadgets in the cabin.

6. Brake Disc all rusty.

Many tell tale signs, curtains, dark interior, too many gadgets on the dash board. I am not sure if it bothers you, but previous owner's race plays an impt part if I get a car for myself, so just to let you know. This car should have been abandoned since Sept last year, road tax till then. EXCLUDING engine matters and electronics, I would think the car needs a paint job, new upholstery, new keys, change the sticky rubber inside the cabin, dekit those little gadgets in the cabin, new brake disc/brakes, and of cause get rid of the smoking smell.

==============================================================

I have seen the 2 cars.

Both have no keys at all, so cannot check all electronics, engine or milage.

Big risk.

Both Physical condition to me is below satisfactory.

==============================================================

Errmmm... if no keys, not to gain access to the cabin?

U mean the keys to open door is different from the key to start engine?

I'm confuse...

Neutral Newbie

Well the whole point is about the fact that there are many "hidden items" that we do not get to see.....guess which is why people pay the premium for the car dealers....

Neutral Newbie

GE Money prob got the vehicle unlocked I guess....you can get a technician or someone to unlock the car......but they won't do key replacement, they throw the problems to the end-buuyer

Edited by Ckwee18

GE Money prob got the vehicle unlocked I guess....you can get a technician or someone to unlock the car......but they won't do key replacement, they throw the problems to the end-buuyer

Thank u for the review. In fact many of these cars got resold in the used car market by dealers.... [:/]

I need help on this !

Car is going to scrap 19 days left as of today... but I have a pretty desired bodykit on a Audi A4 B8...

The ARF encash rebate for scrap is $17932.00, do u think I can auction for $23000.00 roughly ??

How long does the Auction will take ?

post-71896-0-25193400-1549514393_thumb.jpg

Bodykits and other modifications are worth nothing when it comes to scrapping of car.

If you feel your bodykit has a value, post it up in Audi forums and see if anyone is willing to swap their stock bumpers with you for a fee.

But at only 19 days left, you either let it go at a very low price, or send it to the scrap/exporter yard together with the kit.

Or you can renew the COE for another 5 or 10 years to admire the pretty desired bodykit.

I need help on this !

Car is going to scrap 19 days left as of today... but I have a pretty desired bodykit on a Audi A4 B8...

The ARF encash rebate for scrap is $17932.00, do u think I can auction for $23000.00 roughly ??

How long does the Auction will take ?

Bodykits and other modifications are worth nothing when it comes to scrapping of car.

If you feel your bodykit has a value, post it up in Audi forums and see if anyone is willing to swap their stock bumpers with you for a fee.

But at only 19 days left, you either let it go at a very low price, or send it to the scrap/exporter yard together with the kit.

Or you can renew the COE for another 5 or 10 years to admire the pretty desired bodykit.

The company is not an auction house, neither is this car being auctioned in sgcarmart too .
↡ Advertisement