Subaru Impreza VS Mazda 3 VS Lancer EX

Saviourwu

which you think is best buy for style, performance, value?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. which you think is best buy for style, performance, value?

• Mazda 3
    • Subaru Impreza
    • Lancer EX

hi guys, i'm getting my first executive car (been driving Honda occasionally). And is having a hard time [knife] considering between these (auto or steptronic):

1) Mazda 3

2) Subaru Impreza 4D

3) Mitsubishi Lancer EX

Which of these do you guys recommend for me?

I dun mind slow pickup, main thing is style, safety, comfort, cheaper maintainance (and spare parts), and the ability to drive all the way up to 10 years.

Once i get something, i like to hold on to it forever.

Alternatively, i'm also considering these two:

1) Hyundai Avante 1.6A S

2) KIA Cerato Forte

But always heard from friends that korean cars are not so good.... If can cut costs to get same features, i dun see why not though...

↡ Advertisement

dun think u can go too wrong with your choices above. if ur investment horizon is 10 yrs, and u plan to hv kids etc best to get one with bigger boot and bigger interior.

Interior size and boot

1) Mazda 3

2) Mitsubishi Lancer EX

3) Subaru Impreza 4D

If FC not a concern then (1) wins. If anything, mus enjoy the feel and handling of the car.

hi guys, i'm getting my first executive car (been driving Honda occasionally). And is having a hard time [knife] considering between these (auto or steptronic):

1) Mazda 3

2) Subaru Impreza 4D

3) Mitsubishi Lancer EX

Which of these do you guys recommend for me?

I dun mind slow pickup, main thing is style, safety, comfort, cheaper maintainance (and spare parts), and the ability to drive all the way up to 10 years.

Once i get something, i like to hold on to it forever.

Alternatively, i'm also considering these two:

1) Hyundai Avante 1.6A S

2) KIA Cerato Forte

But always heard from friends that korean cars are not so good.... If can cut costs to get same features, i dun see why not though...

All of your first 3 choices have the durability to last for 10 years if you take good care of it by sending it for regular servicing.

I have not driven korean cars before, so I am not in a position to comment.

Best is go for a test drive of all the cars you mentioned above, do your sums properly and see how deep is your pocket.....

Comments from bros in forum can give you some opinion and views but ultimately it has to be your decision since you are going to be the one who owns the car and drive it.

Personally, I opt for a Mazda 3.

Edited by Yuan

thanks guys for your help. For your info, i've chosen Mazda. Known that it's FC is not so good, but the feel of the body seems more solid. I don't mind driving slowly, but my family's life is more important :)

thanks guys for your help. For your info, i've chosen Mazda. Known that it's FC is not so good, but the feel of the body seems more solid. I don't mind driving slowly, but my family's life is more important :)

Tho I vote for Subaru cos I drove 1, But I think current pricing for new Mazda 3 is very attractive. For impreza, its over price now and Mazda have 21k OMV. Lancer is also abit pricey too. It's a good choice.

i prefer a impreza anytime...

With higher insurance due to well known for accident claim and lower reliability (due to since when do we see a COE car of Surburu as compare with Maz and Mit)?

Neutral Newbie

Impreza is good ... Got this 1.5A as my first car.. other then the slow pick up and the FC i think it very nice to drive.

mz3..much better car then the 3. but anyway i think all 3 should last u 10 yrs. korean cars no matter how good they looked and specs-ed, have yet to see 1 tat really last. maybe the current batch might prove us all wrong but who noes?

Neutral Newbie

Lancer Ex. Currently I driving this car although pick up are slow but there alot good pts

1) Heavy body look solid.

2) Car interior are big and comfortable and if you purchase 2.0 litres there are total 6 air bag 4 infront and 2 behind.

3) Air con are cooling

4) Look style no people will realised that you are driving a 1500cc wheel.

5) Keyless start engine just a push button

6) A bodykit will deftinely look of the car.

my vote -> Lancer EX.

i like the shape of the body for its class.

i like the overall look which somehow look fierce to me.

i like Mitsubishi. :-)

(edited)

everyone has their preference.. test drive all 3 and see which one u like best.. after all, u will be driving it for 10 years :D

maintenance wise.. for the above 3 jap cars.. aftermarket parts and servicing workshops are aplenty and available at resonable price.. so no worries on that

Edited by Speedz76

The current mazda 3 look nice except for the cheezy smile facelift.

But then again, i would like to see more car smile at me in my rear mirror.

plus mazda 3 fit more to executive or family sedan.

no offences, but the other 2 seem to be more for chongsters.

and quite different catagory.

impreza/lancer EX = 1.5L, but mazda is 1.6L.

since you want executive, i vote for mazda 3.

↡ Advertisement