Casio G-shock watches

Puteh83

digital display watches always look better on square case.

It's a under-appreciated shape for watches.

I like the squares.

Not into analog G-shocks.

You pay not only for the battery and labour but also for the seal.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

digital display watches always look better on square case.

It's a under-appreciated shape for watches.

Haha I prefer my frogman over the squares.

Today's choice

post-162848-0-35238500-1491616178_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

over time I got lazy to keep having to change batteries to my watches..... so have been actively choosing G-shock with tough-solar tech to alleviate the trouble :D

• Praise 1

over time I got lazy to keep having to change batteries to my watches..... so have been actively choosing G-shock with tough-solar tech to alleviate the trouble :D

Yes, and it brings more worries. It used to be the solar cells that needed changing after barely 2 years (might as well have gone for a 10 year replaceable in the first place, right?). But my GPW-1000 recently started manifesting an isssue with the second hand freezing intermittently despite a full charge. Brought it down to Somerset, they fiddled with it and said the module was faulty, not the battery. Would cost almost 200 bucks to fix as it was out of warranty (just over 2 years old, warranty only a year). I decided that for a thousand buck watch, it just wasn't worth it - besides it still keeps time and works most of the time. So I didn't bother to fix it.

Casio used to be better years back. I remember going back out of warranty for another solar G-shock which didn't hold charge, and the Japanese boss (of the local store) changed the battery out of goodwill for me. He even bowed!

Now, I think the culture has changed big time - either the boss is local or even Japanese don't have that sense of "honour" anymore - they're too business like. So they don't show "goodwill" for even a flagship model.

Doesn't matter, I have gone back to my trusty Sub for daily wear. I still use the G for trips up north and rugged activities, it works most of the time.

• Praise 2

(edited)

My bang around watch is my Orient Blue Ray. For an automatic watch shy of $1 from 200, it is freakingly accurate, no toxic batteries to fill the dumping ground, has a untested/non-certified 200M WR, but who cares. It sits on my wrist even on the vibrating thumpers with no issues. Think it only need servicing at 20-year mark, but would be cheaper to just buy another brand new one. :D

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

Does your bang around watch look anything like this?

Sex_Watch.jpg

:D

Think @mustang might have the same model! :D

My bang around watch is my Orient Blue Ray. For an automatic watch shy of $1 from 200, it is freakingly accurate, no toxic batteries to fill the dumping ground, has a untested/non-certified 200M WR, but who cares. It sits on my wrist even on the vibrating thumpers with no issues. Think it only need servicing at 20-year mark, but would be cheaper to just buy another brand new one. :D

• Praise 2

Recently almost bought the GPW-1000.... [sweatdrop]

Thanks for the heads up on the tough solar problem... so far for my MTG and one other resin Gshock with tough solar has been relatively trouble-free (finger-crossed) :D

Yes, and it brings more worries. It used to be the solar cells that needed changing after barely 2 years (might as well have gone for a 10 year replaceable in the first place, right?). But my GPW-1000 recently started manifesting an isssue with the second hand freezing intermittently despite a full charge. Brought it down to Somerset, they fiddled with it and said the module was faulty, not the battery. Would cost almost 200 bucks to fix as it was out of warranty (just over 2 years old, warranty only a year). I decided that for a thousand buck watch, it just wasn't worth it - besides it still keeps time and works most of the time. So I didn't bother to fix it.

Casio used to be better years back. I remember going back out of warranty for another solar G-shock which didn't hold charge, and the Japanese boss (of the local store) changed the battery out of goodwill for me. He even bowed!

Now, I think the culture has changed big time - either the boss is local or even Japanese don't have that sense of "honour" anymore - they're too business like. So they don't show "goodwill" for even a flagship model.

Doesn't matter, I have gone back to my trusty Sub for daily wear. I still use the G for trips up north and rugged activities, it works most of the time.

• Praise 1

Recently almost bought the GPW-1000.... [sweatdrop]

Thanks for the heads up on the tough solar problem... so far for my MTG and one other resin Gshock with tough solar has been relatively trouble-free (finger-crossed) :D

My GPW-1000 is trouble-free.

I only use it over weekend or long holiday.

• Praise 1

Ya me too. Most tough solar comes with multiband which is useless here in sg.

My current fav fri and weekend watch. Bang here and there without scratches. The abc function are useful when going overseas.

post-57008-0-62203400-1491635807_thumb.jpg

• Praise 5

Casio's G-Shock watch still hitting the big time after 35 years

Its brand longevity has surprised even its creator, especially for a product made so durable it shouldn't need replacing. But with over 100 million watches shipped around the world, the demand for the Casio G-Shock is showing no signs of waning as it turns 35 next year.

http://www.straitstimes.com/tech/wearables/casios-g-shock-watch-still-hitting-the-big-time-after-35-years

• Praise 2

am thinking whether I should pamper myself for christmas ...

http://www.casio.com/products/watches/g-shock/gx56bb-1

I've this in my collection. Abit too bulky to my liking. No doubt it's super rugged and can last a lifetime.

post-57008-0-45803100-1510802836_thumb.jpg

I would suggest to top up a bit and get the rangeman.

post-57008-0-70362500-1510802888_thumb.jpg

You are getting a lot more, multiband 6, triple sensors w sunrise and sunset.

Just purchase a casio royal. Fun little watch that cost less than 30bucks:

post-57008-0-13922500-1510808013_thumb.jpg

post-57008-0-45803100-1510802836_thumb.jpg

post-57008-0-70362500-1510802888_thumb.jpg

post-57008-0-13922500-1510808013_thumb.jpg

• Praise 3

Nice to know that..Wanted so much this watch as kid back then but my parents could not afford it.

Now I got them for my kids instead