What credit cards should i apply

A_nesta84

credit card quite ok lah... just have the discipline to clear all ur bills in full can already

can help u save money if you use wisely.. petrol discount, restaurant discount.. etc

thanks all for the opinions, looks like i am looking at UOB, HSBC and Citi cards. But most is looking for no/less annual fee. it seems that those with cash back is a gd option

Neutral Newbie

IF u lose ur debit card, u better pray that it was not swiped by rogues. Its instantaneously deducted from ur bank a/c, unlike CC. So credit card is def best, that is if u know how to differentiate between good and bad debt. For me, always pay in time to give a gd credit rating, never use future $$ and accumulate points for petrol and grocery redemption ... :D

yes..debit card is the best....no need to remember to pay the bank....and most important...no money don;t spend...why go on credit.....

Just have one or two would be good enough and in case you need to travel overseas.

I, for one, don't like to have credit cards. Only used them when overseas.

In Singapore, I paid most of my bills by cash or debit card.

This is to monitor and control my own finances and avoid the temptation of incurring debts with credit cards, or what they call "spending future money".

I have the same pattern as you bro... Ha but i have to use credit cards for entertainment cuz its a corporate status thing...

So what I do is i'll settle my credit card charge every week via AXS machines...

This way, I can avoid spending future money like you :D

I have the same pattern as you bro... Ha but i have to use credit cards for entertainment cuz its a corporate status thing...

So what I do is i'll settle my credit card charge every week via AXS machines...

This way, I can avoid spending future money like you :D

Your company did not issue you with their corporate credit card? [sly]

That would save you from using your own credit cards and the hassle of visiting AXS machines every week. :D

Your company did not issue you with their corporate credit card? [sly]

That would save you from using your own credit cards and the hassle of visiting AXS machines every week. :D

Nope... haha...yeah that would have saved me from that huge hassle!!

UOB just mailed me a $6 voucher. Must spent min $50.

I usually buy over $60 worth..so it is almost 10% disc upfront.

You guys got this voucher too?

i got it too!

$6 shell voucher. =)

got it. standby to use liao. [cool]

Neutral Newbie

i'm using dbs black elite for both local and overseas spending. though my company provides us with a corp card, using my own black elite gives me 6x more points when i charge my hotel bills or buy stuff when im overseas... if i were to use corp card, i get zero points... :angry:

and oh, the card is free too... :D

for me ocbc for petrol

stan chart for better limit they give 4X btw.. gd for emergencies

citibank n uob for dining n shopping discounts.

thats basically it.. no need too many actually...u will forget to pay

Edited by Robo

credit card quite ok lah... just have the discipline to clear all ur bills in full can already

can help u save money if you use wisely.. petrol discount, restaurant discount.. etc

The keyword is here, if you dont have it, better stay away.

That said, dont understand why people keep blaming cc for being evil blah blah. Its the user.

Definitely helps you save money if you know what to use on and pay your bills on time.

Dining, shopping, you get discs which you dont if you pay cash/nets.

Cards a corporate status thing? Please, most cards are easily accessible to most people less the exclusive ones.

However, not everyone will have the same credit limit granted.

Try to set future dated electronics payment so that you dont forget to pay.

So, back to the emphasis, strict discipline on spending, dont spend what you dont have, dont roll over credit.

TS, you can consider UOB one card.

Thats all folks. [wave]

Edited by Spying

Credit cards are inherently evil.

how come credit cards be evil? they can be used to pay for CHC tithing ok?

IF u lose ur debit card, u better pray that it was not swiped by rogues. Its instantaneously deducted from ur bank a/c, unlike CC. So credit card is def best, that is if u know how to differentiate between good and bad debt. For me, always pay in time to give a gd credit rating, never use future $$ and accumulate points for petrol and grocery redemption ... :D

the bank has something to protect those lost cases if u report on time.....

In Singapore, at many places, use credit card can get discount, but pay cash, no discount.

Pay by CC, ( including telco bills, or other regular bill )can accumulate points in exchange for shopping voucher or dinning voucher, further saving.

So, good to apply those that fit your life style.

Corporate card is good, save you headache ( provided your boss or finance department don't question your expenditure item by item ) but then, you do not get to accumulate the points to redeem those vouchers or items.

Only thing is to take note of how much you have spent and make sure to clear all bills on time in full......else, the interest may snow ball and you have to start dealing with legal " loan shark" at 24% pa

Spend wisely and always save for rainy day

i got it too!

$6 shell voucher. =)

hey hey hey how come i do not have the shell voucher?

I will be waiting for it now.

heheh

Thanks for the headsup

↡ Advertisement