Australia: Melbourne Maps for GPS

Fattychubby

folks, i was thinking of getting a used GPS equipped with Aussie maps for Perth and Melbourne..

any idea where can i get one of this? or how much does it cost for this map..

↡ Advertisement

folks, i was thinking of getting a used GPS equipped with Aussie maps for Perth and Melbourne..

We can also rent one from the car rental companies there. Some rental cars are already equipped with one.

Regards,

Neutral Newbie

We can also rent one from the car rental companies there. Some rental cars are already equipped with one.

i also suggest u rent unless u going to stay Australia for long. Of course, u can use it local provide there is map. I m using a preload Au map with JW local map.

Unless you want to buy an Aussie/NZ map which cost US$150, perhaps you may want to take a look at this site - http://garmin.na1400.info/routable.php

you are looking for a GPS with Perth and Melbourne maps, or you have a used GPS already, then you need to install aussie maps into it?

if it is the latter case, check your PM message, I recommend you a expert in GPS in Singapore.

Juz realised that Navicom (agent for garmin) does rental for GPS maps. Not expensive. $2 a day for the aussie map.

can share where and how?

talking about gps, why is it that when i used it in singapore there is no data charges. when i use it in malaysia, i was charged gprs charges. anyone knows why?

i am using gps on my nokia e71.

wont the data and map cost (event at $2) be as much as renting one local set from car rental shop?

anyone has experience using a android phone as a gps unit while driving overseas?

can share where and how?

Google for navicom... Dun wanna advertise too much for them.

For those who are interested, Juz come back from my trip to Mel / Vic, the Garmin GPS + Map works fine for most places save a few new places that are not updated in the map. Juz have to look for a location near to it & follow road sign.

↡ Advertisement