Shell? Esso? Mobil? Caltex? SPC

Melvinyuen

Shell? Esso? Mobil? Caltex? SPC  

401 members have voted

1. 1. which petrol gives your ride the best milage?

• shell
    • esso
    • mobil
    • caltex
    • spc

Turbocharged

40% of Shell V-power + 60% of ESSO 8000 gives the best driving experience!

Smooth and powerful.!!

↡ Advertisement

Hi MCF

I know this is stupid but have you all tried all the brands of fuel here and got the best FC for your ride?

I have only tried shell, caltex and esso.

The other 2 did not try but I think mobil is the same as Esso...

BP yes tried but now no more BP and now its SPC...

Please comment on the best fc for your ride with these petrol.

Just to share this:

Octane 95 petrol: SHELL a little better mileage over the others driving Myvi

Octane 98 petrol: currently comparing all three brands

Just to share this:

Octane 95 petrol: SHELL a little better mileage over the others driving Myvi

Octane 98 petrol: currently comparing all three brands

errr octane 98 will not make my car go faster. only make my pocket more shallow!

hahah

even want to consider 92 even but do not know if it is okay for me too...

hahaha

Hi MCF

I know this is stupid but have you all tried all the brands of fuel here and got the best FC for your ride?

my experience is that different cars perform differently with different petrols, so some cars may perform better with Shell, while some better with Esso... etc.

in short, your poll may not be very useful. I think you're also finding out that the votes are more or less equal. maybe there's no difference in the petrols, or different cars really react differently to different petrols.

Hi MCF

Hi,

like most ppl have said here... your question is pretty broad... just by asking which brand of petrol will give better FC.

I will give you my personal opinion: Ride is Nissan Sunny N16.

1)regular oil change-I use Idemitsu extreme ECO EO, Denso oil filter, Denso Irridium plugs, wheels always aligned and tire pressure optimum, thread wear 80%.

2)Driving patterns: city driving and occasional NS/NE malaysian highway. Speed in SG/MY 80-160/kmh

3)Petrol pumped: SPC95 as I get 15% discount by using DBS card(alternately giving me additional mileage) and Petronas97/ESSO F1 in MY.

4)Used 3M mixture of injector cleaner additive for full tank top up with SPC95 petrol.

My latest mileage calculation based on FULL TANK consumption(from full mark to empty tank indicator light on): 917Km... Round it off 900Km.

That is like going up to KL and coming back with spare fuel...

Before this my FC was really pathetic till I felt like it was the worst car in the world....

So, there you have my secret.... [bigcry]

for my ride i have tried Esso 8000 (SG), Shell V-Power (SG), Esso Synegy F1 97 (MY) and Shell V-Power 97 (MY).

No much different in term of power delivery at top end on all 4 but V-power (SG) gives the best lower end responsiveness.

Best mileage I would say is Esso 8000 (SG) and Esso Synergy F1 97 (MY), Shell V-power (SG) sux big time in mileage wise....

Anyone know if Shell V-Power (SG) got any fuel save technology????? to me seems not.....

Hi,

like most ppl have said here... your question is pretty broad... just by asking which brand of petrol will give better FC.

1)regular oil change-I use Idemitsu extreme ECO EO, Denso oil filter, Denso Irridium plugs, wheels always aligned and tire pressure optimum, thread wear 80%.

2)Driving patterns: city driving and occasional NS/NE malaysian highway. Speed in SG/MY 80-160/kmh

3)Petrol pumped: SPC95 as I get 15% discount by using DBS card(alternately giving me additional mileage) and Petronas97/ESSO F1 in MY.

4)Used 3M mixture of injector cleaner additive for full tank top up with SPC95 petrol.

My latest mileage calculation based on FULL TANK consumption(from full mark to empty tank indicator light on): 917Km... Round it off 900Km.

Before this my FC was really pathetic till I felt like it was the worst car in the world....

wow dude super...

your tank is 45L or 50L

its all highway driving for you and if in Singapore i think you will not get 600km or 650km for that tank

haha

Hi,

maybe i'm slow... [:p] i'm not getting what the "secret" is...

Hi,

you sure or not??

900km/ tank?

i also driving sunny but no where as good...

sunny tank 50l. 5l reserve hence 45L from full to indicator light.

900/45 = 20km/l????

you sure or not? i dont know whether you dua kang or just calculate wrongly... even manufacturer don't dare to claim 20km/l you can do?????

Edited by Little_prince

(edited)

900km on a 50L tank ?

wu - ngia - bo ???

possible for my car

i tried and tested with my 45L tank, i used 41L and i chalk 998Km

now I am getting more

I average at least 24km/l now and the last was 25.3km/l

For sunny I really doubt

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=44667

Edited by Melvinyuen

900km on a 50L tank ?

wu - ngia - bo ???

Let me reply to all...

Yes 45-47ltr tank.

Yes Sunny doesn't have good FC... I used to get only 500+ per full tank. I'm as surprised as all of you. But this is the mileage I get after I change E.O.

Immediately after I change E.O, I used up whatever balance petrol(which I think consist of SG/JB Esso and Shell petrol, Reset the meter and top up full to the brim with SPC95.

I also now enjoy a smoother ride and get better pick up.

I know the Odo doesn't lie. I always keep track of the mileage every time I change oil. And this is by far the best FC I've got from the many EO change I've done.

I've used Fastflo, Shell H.U and Mobil1...almost tried Win oil in J.B but changed mind last minute to Idemitsu ECO for RM190/4ltr because of its better FC claims(I also saw the adverts on some cabs) so I gave it a try lor.

I've been pumping with shell so i thought use their oil...but feels sluggish even a few days of just changin EO and FC no better what so ever... no change before I change oil. All work by mech i "supervise"...for all change and every top up must not exceed 2.7ltr E.O for my sunny.

For now I top up SPC95 cos i get 15% discount, i didn't base on whatever grade it is.

Like I said from the discount I already get the extra mileage rite...

And I would like to add also...driving patterns plays a part too...

I don drive like some "people" who speed up to only brake really hard at the next junction.

For the skeptics... its all up to you to belief or not... I'm not at the loosing end....

:D :D :D

possible for my car

i tried and tested with my 45L tank, i used 41L and i chalk 998Km

now I am getting more

I average at least 24km/l now and the last was 25.3km/l

For sunny I really doubt

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=44667

WOW bro...so whats your secret...and what is your ride...??? I already pour out everything... [laugh]

Oh yours a Prius.. good for you then... I think theres a new ride in town rite from Honda... eco car or something...???

Edited by Haziqko

Hi,

u install 20 spark plug in your engine ar?

errr octane 98 will not make my car go faster. only make my pocket more shallow!

hahah

even want to consider 92 even but do not know if it is okay for me too...

hahaha

Less engine noise with SHELL octane 98, but mileage about same as SHELL octane 95, except slightly better acceleration

EssoMobil octane 98 about the same as their octane 95, except slightly better acceleration

Perhaps should try half tank of octane 92 mixed with half tank of octane 95.