Felt so cheated by Borneo Motor

Lufu

SGRate_toyota-1.jpg

1. Booked my car in Jan 2010 during Borneo Motor CNY sale under the classic non gaurantee COE package

2. Price was heavily discounted by $6K as part of the CNY special

3. At the point of booking, I was told by the SE, the promotion has been very successful and all the cars were sold out. New shipment will take 3 months to arrive, I accepted it.

4. At the point of booking, Was advised by SE don't need to waste $1000 more on gauranteed COE package. Borneo has never fail to secure COE

5. Since Jan to Mar there have been 6 biddings, 2 biddings per month, Borneo Motors have NEVER attempt to submit a bid for any of the past 5 bidding exercises

6. Each time I call the SE to question them, why they didn't bid for me, the reason was Borneo is a large player and they must try to space out the COE bidding according to car shipment schedule otherwise COE will shoot up sky high. This is a strategy. SE said Borneo won't bid so early because my car is not here yet.

7. Subsequently SE said Borneo has the right to decide when to bid, whether to bid, what price to bid as per contract

8. They took my deposit and then did nothing to secure the COE for the past 5 biddings

9. Today 24 Mar, they put in a bid at $26K and was out bid. They did not make revision to the bid.

10. Prices have already gone up since the point of purchase in Jan

11. Past 5 biddings, COE was at around $20K they choose not to bid and waited until the final last bidding then s--t hit the fan.

12. What can I do? Complaint to CASE, which is probably useless anyway?

My point is, had I not booked a car with them, I could have bought another car in Jan/Feb when prices were still lower compared to the present price. However they took my deposit, locked me into a 3mths or 6 bids contract and sat on it, I now ended up without a car and have to pay a higher price to purchase another car because prices have since moved upward

SE said I'm not the only one. They've many customers in the same boat. Anyone out there in the same situation?

↡ Advertisement

1. Booked my car in Jan 2010 during Borneo Motor CNY sale under the classic non guaranteed COE package

And they can say its up to their discretion the amt for them to bid. too bad bro this 1 LLST.

Edited by Bornno1

Emphasis on the non-guaranteed portion. Can't blame them.

COE is played by both the government & the dealers for profit.

20k car price + 8k coe (current price) = 28k selling price @ 6 bids non-guaranteed.

+2k for guaranteed package.

See the picture?

COE should have been tailored so that only the owner can bid for himself. $5,000 upfront now instead of $10,000.

(edited)

Was considering between VIOS and Avante. Should have booked the Avante in Jan, and I would have been happily driving the car by now.

Live and learn... immediate delivery is the key and never trust any SE

I can accept that my package is non guaranteed but they just sat on it and did nothing. I called to ask why they didn't bid and each time was assured not to worry. If they can afford to bid $26K for COE now, why not do it earlier in the previous 5 biddings.

In the past 5 biddings, they don't even bother to submit any bid. According to SE, not his decision. Bidding department's fault.

The only good news is I don't need to buy a Toyota

Edited by Lufu

so the fault lies in the SE? cos he advised you not to get the guaranteed coe package?

No. It was good advice at that point in time. The SE didn't only advice him but also explained the rational behind that advice. The buyer himself assessed the risk and chose to accept the risk and save $1k.

If you were contemplating buying "airplane drop on your head insurance" and I adviced you that it is silly because it is unlikely that an airplane would drop out of the sky on your head and you accepted that advice only to get hit by an airplane the next day, would you say it is my fault?

The fault, if any, lies with the person that made the decision not to bid during the first 5 biddings. Again, the buyer accepted the risk by not negotiating to bid for his own COE and allowing BM to bid on his behalf with no stipulation on how much to bid or how to bid.

Edited by Kusje

Was considering between VIOS and Avante. Should have booked the Avante in Jan, and I would have been happily driving the car by now.

Live and learn... immediate delivery is the key and never trust any SE

I can accept that my package is non guaranteed but they just sat on it and did nothing. I called to ask why they didn't bid and each time was assured not to worry. If they can afford to bid $26K for COE now, why not do it earlier in the previous 5 biddings.

In the past 5 biddings, they don't even bother to submit any bid. According to SE, not his decision. Bidding department's fault.

The only good news is I don't need to buy a Toyota

So what is going to happen now? The contract is null and void and you are allow to buy another car elsewhere?

Sorry to hear of your position. Do you need the car very urgently?

should have gotten the guaranteed bid no matter how many rds of bidding. this way u will pwn them if coe skyrocket for next few months

Non guarantee.....seems like BM may ask you to top up.

Looking at your anxiety....I think people in your position will also willingly top-up....or put it correctly LL top-up.

Well...if more people refuse to top-up, maybe the COE will come down next round as BM is a big player who bids the most.

But then hor.....which Singapore has refused to top-up before har?

In this rising trend......99% will LL top up when the AD calls them up tomorrow onwards.

Good luck bro.

Feel sorry for you.

I've not heard anyone who've never gotten the bid before.

Bad call on their part. Hurts the customers :blink:

The bidding dept ought to be sacked.

I'm a toyota owner. I will be wary if i buy another vehicle from them.

Its very strange indeed for them not to submit any bid in the last 5 rounds. How would it benefit them not to do so? This is something which I find a bit hard to comprehend.

Supersonic

Maybe they don't really care to sell to those with that discount.

They will bid for those who are willing to pay more.

Would topping up $1k have made any difference...it simply means they will bid 1k more only what...

No its guaranteed bid, by a certain number of bids they have to give you a COE be it cat a or e

↡ Advertisement