Sunny front suspension rubber drop

Eko6

Any Sunny owner has dropped the rubber thing? I was quoted $2xx by tan chong. Whenever goes over hump, there is a click-clok sound. Any recommended place to install the rubber mounting?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Any Sunny owner has dropped the rubber thing? I was quoted $2xx by tan chong. Whenever goes over hump, there is a click-clok sound. Any recommended place to install the rubber mounting?

Hi Eko60,

Your Sunny is N16 or N16FL? I also got similar click-clok sound from my N16 front suspension last year. Workshop say the suspension rubber mounts gone. $2XX think is abit on the high side. I got it replaced outside cheaper and so far no click-clok sound. :)

Hi Eko60,

Your Sunny is N16 or N16FL? I also got similar click-clok sound from my N16 front suspension last year. Workshop say the suspension rubber mounts gone. $2XX think is abit on the high side. I got it replaced outside cheaper and so far no click-clok sound. :)

Hi Nismo

Can give me the details? I would like to replace it, too.

Hi Eko6,

I got my front left & right rubber changed for S$120 with workmanship. S$60 per piece. :)

Mmm..which workshop leh? [idea]

Turbocharged

i change mine today.

both front and did wheel aligement.

$130.

i think many sunny have these problem. <_<

which workshop?.. my latio also have tearing already.... [:(]

Neutral Newbie

my sunny does have the sound too..

and i realise the suspension became very stiff (duno whats the word for it)

the last time i went TC for servicing it says the oil leaked and they somehow managed to correct it..

but it happen again and i have no more warranty..

suspect its the shock absorber gone case?

any one can cfm?

What is your mileage?

Suspensiona usually can last till 60k. But if you fly over humps, then any thing goes, man.

Press your bonnet left and right sides nearer to the headlights. If the bonnet moves slowly up, that means your suspension up lorry. Try on a relatively new sunny as benchmark before try yours.

Suspensions many places can change.

my sunny does have the sound too..

and i realise the suspension became very stiff (duno whats the word for it)

the last time i went TC for servicing it says the oil leaked and they somehow managed to correct it..

but it happen again and i have no more warranty..

suspect its the shock absorber gone case?

any one can cfm?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

What is your mileage?

Suspensiona usually can last till 60k. But if you fly over humps, then any thing goes, man.

Press your bonnet left and right sides nearer to the headlights. If the bonnet moves slowly up, that means your suspension up lorry. Try on a relatively new sunny as benchmark before try yours.

Suspensions many places can change.

its abt 70k+ .. so i guess up lorry alr..

ok will try it.. jus no new sunny to benchmark..

but jus to cfm.. can i like jus go to any workshop ask them check? den i proceed to buy the items from stocklist?

will they charge jus for checking?

ok one last stupid question.. if i try it on a sunny in the carpark near my area.. will the alarm sound? haha

Thanks anyway bro. :D

Edited by Raydon

(edited)

Usually workshop allows you to bring parts. But call to confirm.

Do you have your regualr workshops? They don't charge to check only... but you may want to ask.

Sunny's stock alarm does not trigger by just pression down the bonnet... yours triggered before when you sit on bonnet?

Edit for spelling.

its abt 70k+ .. so i guess up lorry alr..

ok will try it.. jus no new sunny to benchmark..

but jus to cfm.. can i like jus go to any workshop ask them check? den i proceed to buy the items from stocklist?

will they charge jus for checking?

ok one last stupid question.. if i try it on a sunny in the carpark near my area.. will the alarm sound? haha

Thanks anyway bro. :D

Edited by Ldawn88

I have replaced the broken rubber mount. Now no more sound. Half the price of TC. :D

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Usually workshop allows you to bring parts. But call to confirm.

Do you have your regualr workshops? They don't charge to check only... but you may want to ask.

Sunny's stock alarm does not trigger by just pression down the bonnet... yours triggered before when you sit on bonnet?

Edit for spelling.

No regular workshop. My dad doesn't really 'care' about the car. Used to go TC but no more cover from them now.

Now i drive more frequently so wanted to get the problem fixed.

you have any workshop to recommend?

Not sure, tml go try. haha.

think i better not try on other pple's car. See if my fren can help.

thanks again. [laugh]

Edited by Raydon

(edited)

I don't drive sunny now. When I changed the shock absorbers for my then sunny, it was like 5 years ago. But it was still the current version of sunny that TC is still selling.

Sorry I forgot which stockist I bought the kyb shock absorbers. I searched the forum threads here.

I went to autosaver, they charged only $50 for installation.

No regular workshop. My dad doesn't really 'care' about the car. Used to go TC but no more cover from them now.

Now i drive more frequently so wanted to get the problem fixed.

you have any workshop to recommend?

Not sure, tml go try. haha.

think i better not try on other pple's car. See if my fren can help.

thanks again. [laugh]

Edited by Ldawn88

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bro,

mine FL16 had the same problem after warranty= 4+ years.....went to workshop AutoS*** check and replace the rubber cost $130 each... hope this help...

mine milage currently 110'000km still going strong...

↡ Advertisement