Sunny front suspension rubber drop

Eko6

Any Sunny owner has dropped the rubber thing? I was quoted $2xx by tan chong. Whenever goes over hump, there is a click-clok sound. Any recommended place to install the rubber mounting?

E rubber mount only cost a few bucks but e labour sud b abt same as to change e whole shock. Usually abt $30 each.

E price quoted by tan chong seems very high. Maybe u sud check around those smaller ws fr better prices.

↡ Advertisement

i change mine today.

both front and did wheel aligement.

$130.

i think many sunny have these problem. <_<

All cars lah.

I usually change e rubber when i change e shocks cos then u pay only once for labour charge. That rubber (stopper) only cost a few bucks.

My old corona it was $5ea n my optra $15ea.

its abt 70k+ .. so i guess up lorry alr..

ok will try it.. jus no new sunny to benchmark..

but jus to cfm.. can i like jus go to any workshop ask them check? den i proceed to buy the items from stocklist?

will they charge jus for checking?

ok one last stupid question.. if i try it on a sunny in the carpark near my area.. will the alarm sound? haha

Thanks anyway bro. :D

If yr mileage already 70+ k km, time to change already. No need to test here test there`

My optra 90k km n already gone case.

I usually buy e parts from authorised stockist n give my mech to install. Pay him labour only.

I don't drive sunny now. When I changed the shock absorbers for my then sunny, it was like 5 years ago. But it was still the current version of sunny that TC is still selling.

Sorry I forgot which stockist I bought the kyb shock absorbers. I searched the forum threads here.

I went to autosaver, they charged only $50 for installation.

KYB now has a new local agent but no more mij. Now only mit.

I decided to stick with original mik instead of using mit kyb fr my optra.

Make sure u do e 4 wheel computerised alignment when u change shocks

i change mine today.

both front and did wheel aligement.

$130.

i think many sunny have these problem. <_<

you can do wheel allingment at most JB workshops for just $45 ringgit !!! This is like our $20 singapore dollars !!!

Last week I tried another workshop at Tampoi Indah and it was better and neater. They have wheel allingement which you should do after changing the shock absorbers. They also charge $45 ringgit for wheel allingment and hear the boss is familiar with nissan and honda cars especially.

This workshop name is Auto Champion Star.

Address: no 2 Jalan Tampoi Indah, 81200 Johor Bahru

Tel: 012 - 711 3758

Have fun!

Mikail

Edited by Mikail5858

Hi Eko6,

I got my front left & right rubber changed for S$120 with workmanship. S$60 per piece. :)

that is really really ex !!! A Singapore mechanic quoted $55 Singapore dollars to me which i found to be ex for a piece of rubber !!!

i got mine for $25 ringgit a piece from a malaysian workshop !!!

Most JB workshops charge about this price.

And believe me JB is safe enough.

that is really really ex !!! A Singapore mechanic quoted $55 Singapore dollars to me which i found to be ex for a piece of rubber !!!

i got mine for $25 ringgit a piece from a malaysian workshop !!!

Most JB workshops charge about this price.

And believe me JB is safe enough.

Exactly. E robber stopper is only $5-$15 ea depending on car model but more ex part is e labour to remove e shocks.

I usually change e rubber everytime i change new shocks. I save on e labour like that.

Anyway by e time yr shocks need changing, its prob also time to get new rubber stoppers.

Im quite surprised that e kaki here pay so much just to change e rubber. I think e ws has overcharged them. Labour to change 1 shock is only abt $30. [knife]

Exactly. E robber stopper is only $5-$15 ea depending on car model but more ex part is e labour to remove e shocks.

I usually change e rubber everytime i change new shocks. I save on e labour like that.

Anyway by e time yr shocks need changing, its prob also time to get new rubber stoppers.

Im quite surprised that e kaki here pay so much just to change e rubber. I think e ws has overcharged them. Labour to change 1 shock is only abt $30. [knife]

I paid $35 ringgit labour to change each shock absorber and this included the rubber dust cover/dampener. And the job was well done, and the ride smooth as ever :) Best to change the rubber when you change the shocks

Edited by Mikail5858

I paid $35 ringgit labour to change each shock absorber and this included the rubber dust cover/dampener. And the job was well done, and the ride smooth as ever :) Best to change the rubber when you change the shocks

Price u got is good.

Ya i change rubber when i change shocks.

Price u got is good.

Ya i change rubber when i change shocks.

it seems to be standard price for JB workshops and much cheaper than S'pore workshops or agents

best thing is service was pro and no hassle

think i saved over 60% or more by just doing it at JB

it seems to be standard price for JB workshops and much cheaper than S'pore workshops or agents

best thing is service was pro and no hassle

think i saved over 60% or more by just doing it at JB

JB Is good if u find e right ws.

So far, i hv not found one that suits me. [:(]

Btw bro, your Optra got VGiS or not? Does it help you to save petrol. The version i drove was the first generation that came to Singapore i.e. square backside pre-FL which i think has no variable timed engine technology whatsoever.

Btw bro, your Optra got VGiS or not? Does it help you to save petrol. The version i drove was the first generation that came to Singapore i.e. square backside pre-FL which i think has no variable timed engine technology whatsoever.

Its got something like vanos which re-directs e arflow fm throttle body to engine or exhaust gasses out or something.

Not exactly new tech as e concept is pretty old. supposed to give more torque at low rpm n improve breathing at high rpm.

Ask me if it works or not, i really dont know. Definately not e surge like vtec.

Btw mine is 1st generation estate. Same as e sq backside saloon.

Just changed both stock front suspension to tokico air suspension for my sunny at ubi workshop for $ 300, including internal patching of a previously repaired tyre plus wheel alignment.

N car not more sound when over hump and driving is more stable.

Neutral Newbie

Jb have alot of workshop. sunny should be no problem getting parts there. alternative you can go to scrapeyard at lck to get some. I believe you can find gems in the rough metals!

so far tried 4 workshops - all were fine.

If you drive to Taman Perling or Tampoi Indah, the prices are lower and service great.

Overall I felt the ws's in JB were professional and service fast and smooth. No hassling and the mechanics were straight forward and don't leave you wondering if you are about to get ripped off. And they are more polite than our S'pore ws's. Most imp, prices about 50% lower!!

same thing, my rubber wore out this year and I replace them for less than $60.. Bought the rubber at the stockist and got my regular workshop to install it. Normally rubber items will wear out about 3 -4 years. Other parts like the seals can last longer provided if you maintain them well.

↡ Advertisement