Comparing Singapore Solar Film Companies

Kev33

Some of these solar films come together with the car as a package when you bought it.

It should last a while.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Thanks Kev33 for the recommendation, I just got my car tinted today at Absolute Tint and I am delighted by the quality and price of film they provided. haha you deserve a pat on the back bro :D

• Praise 1

Hi all,

I been wanting to do up my solar films for my car as the weather is terrible these days. And went on to understand and enquiry about the different types of solar films offered in Singapore.

To my surprise some Top brands do not seem to offer very good types of solar films and instead its the lesser known companies that do [:(]

I understand that Metallic films will cause IU/GPS interference and are the lesser preferred. And IR% would be most important for heat rejection. I asked for their top specs and for my mid-size saloon BMW 320I and all LTA approved.

Below are my findings for each

Brand_____________Type of Solar Film____________Front IR%________________Rear IR%_______________Cost

Huber Optik___________Nano-Ceramic_________________45______________________87____________________1100

V- Kool______________Metalllic-Film_________________77_____________________98_____________________1200 :wub:

Absolute Tint__________Nano-Ceramic__________________95_____________________95_____________________480 [:)]

Rike Cool_____________Nano-ceramic__________________80_____________________90___________________1600 [bigcry]

Tintsy Cool_____________Nano-Ceramic__________________90_____________________90______________________949

Verdict - I decided on Absolute Tint that proves the best value and highest specs for both front and rear.

It was quite shocking to know that the big brands are over-charging and not proving as good films as I thought they have. [dizzy]

Neutral Newbie

[:p]

Hi all,

Let me update with an additional competitor:

Brand_____________Type of Solar Film____________Front IR%________________Rear IR%_______________Cost

Huber Optik___________Nano-Ceramic_________________45______________________87____________________1100

V- Kool______________Metalllic-Film_________________77_____________________98_____________________1200 :wub:

Absolute Tint__________Nano-Ceramic__________________95_____________________95_____________________480 [:)]

Rike Cool_____________Nano-ceramic__________________80_____________________90___________________1600 [bigcry]

Tintsy Cool_____________Nano-Ceramic__________________90_____________________90______________________949

Zen Car_____________Nano-Ceramic__________________90_____________________92______________________$300 [bounce2]

Currently pleased with their P70 films installed on my Mazda3sp.

• Praise 1

I have tried V-kool, Cool N Lite, Rike Cool...I feel V-kool is the best of all. But that was in yr 2000...not sure if the material has gone better or worse since then.

You seems to miss out 3M in your research but from what I know, their current highest grade is abt 7-800+

Neutral Newbie

I was previously in the solar film industry and from my opinion, the big guys have heavily marked up their prices.

Seems like Absolute Tint is doing a "Sheng Siong" on them. 1-up for the consumers!

• Praise 1

(edited)

I was previously in the solar film industry and from my opinion, the big guys have heavily marked up their prices.

Seems like Absolute Tint is doing a "Sheng Siong" on them. 1-up for the consumers!

Thinking upgrading my solar film.

But the more I see newly created user praising a certain brand, the more I am wary of it.

Edited by Kensk
  • Praise 2

Thinking upgrading my solar film.

But the more I see newly created user praising a certain brand, the more I am wary of it.

I agree.smell fishy

• Praise 2

Hi all,

Just wondering hw come 3M is not in the comparison charts? Is this the same? I always thot there's oni 3M n V-kool, dinno there're so many brands....

I heard of a workshop that does 3M for abt $600 n its 95-98% tint / cover I think....wondering is that the best deal? Anybody can advise klutz me?

Thanks!!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1