Comparing Singapore Solar Film Companies

Kev33

Neutral Newbie

Wah! Price they quoted looks crazy to me! Mine done up @ only $140 after neg. doorstep installed, Brandless, passed LTA. Condition still good as new after 2 years.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Wah! Price they quoted looks crazy to me! Mine done up @ only $140 after neg. doorstep installed, Brandless, passed LTA. Condition still good as new after 2 years.

doorstep installed?? i thot most reputable installers would wanna do it in an enclosed aircon environment with less dust..

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

doorstep installed?? i thot most reputable installers would wanna do it in an enclosed aircon environment with less dust..

That is also 1 of my ques. to him before the installation. Trust his 4 years experience, results excellent after the job.

Does your Black dashboard feels Hot even with the "good IRR" solar film?

It's solar film, not cooler.. and there's plenty of way for heat to get thru...

Hi all,

Brand_____________Type of Solar Film____________Front IR%________________Rear IR%_______________Cost

Huber Optik___________Nano-Ceramic_________________45______________________87____________________1100

V- Kool______________Metalllic-Film_________________77_____________________98_____________________1200

Absolute Tint__________Nano-Ceramic__________________95_____________________95_____________________480

Rike Cool_____________Nano-ceramic__________________80_____________________90___________________1600

Tintsy Cool_____________Nano-Ceramic__________________90_____________________90______________________949

Zen Car_____________Nano-Ceramic__________________90_____________________92______________________$300

This is a good one that I copy from other forum..

"The cost of the solar film much depend on the Infrared Rejection(IRR/Solar Heat Reject),the higher the IRR the higher will be the cost.

There are so many make & brands in the market claim and selling solar film as 80%,90%,95%...etc..

and prices are so much different..??!!

How to differential or choose which is true and who is geniune??

No print,no mark,no spec written on the film...?? ..

Just buy blindly...

Its A Must & Important!! Do not buy verbally spec!!

In order to be fair to yourself and genuine vendor,do not only test the film with heat bulb also ask for an IR meter reading!! meter won't tell lies

All Infrared Rejection(IRR/Solar Heat) figure will be tested by IR Meter to prove Genuine Spec. "

Neutral Newbie

"The cost of the solar film much depend on the Infrared Rejection(IRR/Solar Heat Reject),the higher the IRR the higher will be the cost.

There are so many make & brands in the market claim and selling solar film as 80%,90%,95%...etc..

and prices are so much different..??!!

How to differential or choose which is true and who is geniune??

No print,no mark,no spec written on the film...?? ..

Just buy blindly...

Its A Must & Important!! Do not buy verbally spec!!

In order to be fair to yourself and genuine vendor,do not only test the film with heat bulb also ask for an IR meter reading!! meter won't tell lies

All Infrared Rejection(IRR/Solar Heat) figure will be tested by IR Meter to prove Genuine Spec. "

Con18, you seem to have all your posting talking about Tintsy Cool.....I think MiraCool is your supplier and is charging cheaper?

The price is of course heavily marked up by the top brands due to branding and their marketing campiagns, while others are just trying to justify their high prices with high profits. I am sure there are brands out there that see a niche, where they dare provide quality films for lesser profits to compete with this bigger guns. I am sure some are offering what they claim, if not CASE would simply be on them.

From my understanding of solar films, the IR meter is to test Solar films in room temperature? Why would you do so if its the heat rejection you want when in the sun?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

my car get tinted with solar film when i bought it (free gift from AD) .

Now ,i want more darkness and thinking of getting another film (within LTA spec)

my concerns ... do i need to peel off old film for the new film or just double it?

well .. i m quite stone with solar film stuff ..

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

my car get tinted with solar film when i bought it (free gift from AD) .

Now ,i want more darkness and thinking of getting another film (within LTA spec)

my concerns ... do i need to peel off old film for the new film or just double it?

well .. i m quite stone with solar film stuff ..

If your current film is not too dark, you could add on additional solar film/tint films to tint to the LTA compliant VLT levels.

That is provided the installation company has the VLT tint variant to meet your needs.

Meaning the combination effect of the films plus the glass itself meets the required VLT levels.

Normally the films that AD provide is not very good quality ones. So replacing a good spec ones maybe a better idea.

Perhaps it is better you check with your AD what was installed so that you can make a better decision.

I, being here for so long(this thread) have never promote or even mention any shop or brand name who done up my car. My message to my fellow forumers is to understand on consumer rights and not to experience what i have before(please refer to my previous postings if you know how to instead of accusing me by PMs and then in the open thread).

Whatever business in Spore,Fair and Open market competitiveness are common.. but its a Must to be Ethical in the first place and then u will have a longer distance ahead.

Since you have so much understanding of the solar film which we layman are not,can you share with us how to differential the actual grade of the film if not by an industry measuring instrument?Thanks in advance.

Neutral Newbie

i need to change all my films.. can anybody advice if there's additional charges on removing existing before installing new films?

also heard some companies dont do front windscreen.. wonder y?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi i newbie also but been driving for years! Tried some branded solar film before, not bad in the heat cut but ex lah. Been comparing brands from sg carmart so deciding between Infratint n Tint inc as others quite ex also and have been hearing good comments from other car forums about these 2brands! Any advice from bros here? Thanks in advance

Edited by Oceanic
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi i newbie also but been driving for years! Tried some branded solar film before, not bad in the heat cut but ex lah. Been comparing brands from sg carmart so deciding between Infratint n Tint inc as others quite ex also and have been hearing good comments from other car forums about these 2brands! Any advice from bros here? Thanks in advance

Neutral Newbie

Finally decided to remove my old tints I did in M'sia, it was cheap but I guess they say penny wise pound foolish haha, I gave Absolute Tint a try after reading many positive comments from bros in their hot deal advertisement.

The price was reasonable for the quality they provided and the workmanship was flawless, compared to my previous tint that had quite alot of dirt stuck between the film. The heat rejection was certainly much better now. Well I guess its a lesson learnt for me.

↡ Advertisement