Comparing Singapore Solar Film Companies

Kev33

I have never feel the need for solar film for my current car. Think there's some tinting and heating rejection features built in already on the windscreen and windows. I love the current stock slight greenie uniform look throughout of the glass also and don't want to spend any more money to mess around with the look.

Edited by Kangadrool
↡ Advertisement

Haha thanks James.. How much is the most expensive one? Quote your name got discount anot or more expensive cos they need to pay u referral fee? Mwhahaha!

Before you go and part with your hard earn money

I think MCF got solar film competition.

Try that first lah and maybe win liao and no need to buy.

:D

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 3

The clear and greenie film with high IRR rejection costs a lot more than dark tint with the same IRR.

To be honest, after having used really high end (alternative meaning: expensive) and low end (alternative meaning: cheap) solar films I have a few conclusions.

1. You do not need really expensive branded solar films. Anything over $800 is mad.

2. You should not get cheap films either, because they don't work.

3. Dark/black films don't work as well as you think. Black absorbs heat. Get the reflective type.

4. Workmanship matters.

Summary advise: Go for the cheapest film with highest infra-red rejection (IRR) % you can find. I think there are decent ones costs $500-600 for the entire car.

That said, my current car does NOT have solar film because I really don't like how it makes my windscreen look wavy. The workmanship is the biggest variable and they vary from time to time, person to person even for the really expensive vendors, and sometimes they can really mess up your car because they need to remove your panels, unscrew your rear view mirror, remove your IU, remove your car cam, etc.

I ever had once where I replaced the solar film because it failed the inspection (I bought the car with lousy solar film that was turning cloudy over time) then when they took out the old film the rear de-fogger/heating lines were damaged.

If I ever do solar film again, I will only do on the sides, using the highest IRR film I can find to prevent my hand from being chow dar. For the rest, there's sunshade and sunglasses.

Also if you drive a modern car with auto-dim rear view mirrors, the sensor is in the rear view mirror. A dark rear film (for those LTA compliant setup) will cause the dimming mechanism to behave wonky on some cars, especially if it dims the side mirrors too.

• Praise 1

I am considering Tintsy Cool.. Any Bros did their cars over there recently? How is it and what is their prices like? Not shown on their website.. Sometimes abit scare when it is not published, no transparency on the prices..

Tinsy Cool is an MCF Recommended Merchant.

see here http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?app=sgcarstore&req=showprod&product=16532

I advertise for them so much I really deserve a referral fee.

Price from $180 - $630.

• Praise 2

Before you go and part with your hard earn money

I think MCF got solar film competition.

Try that first lah and maybe win liao and no need to buy.

Mai tu liao.. How do I take part? :D

Aiyah competition ended liao. Worth $1,158

Tornadoe Giveaway Solar Film Package worth $1,158 to be won!

Take part in our monthly sgCarMart contest by answering questions about Tornadoe Tint and stand a chance to win solar film vouchers worth up to $1,158.

Closing Date: 15 October 2014

Aiya.. Make me happy for awhile.. Then no choice have to go Tintsy liao.. Think they are charging $90 per window.. Hopefully quote MCF can get discount..

The clear and greenie film with high IRR rejection costs a lot more than dark tint with the same IRR.

Yah but the dark film reject IR but trap heat like greenhouse.

Don't believe me next time if you ever have the chance come across two same car, same color, but different tint... go test it out.

• Praise 1

LOL...

In fact the boss of the solar film installer told me that people in temperate countries installed solar films to trap heat during winter. After hearing it, I was WTF..... should tell me earlier, then I won't install.

My next car I didn't install and until now, I feel my current car feels much cooler than the old car with solar film.

Yah but the dark film reject IR but trap heat like greenhouse.

Don't believe me next time if you ever have the chance come across two same car, same color, but different tint... go test it out.

• Praise 1

LOL...

In fact the boss of the solar film installer told me that people in temperate countries installed solar films to trap heat during winter. After hearing it, I was WTF..... should tell me earlier, then I won't install.

My next car I didn't install and until now, I feel my current car feels much cooler than the old car with solar film.

wah .... one of the biggest CON ever [dizzy]

Hi,

Can I check with you guys?

I am considering vkool, 3M Crystalline and Huper Optik.

For vkool vk40 and x75, will there be interference with mobile data? I use my smartphone to access the Internet often in my car.

For the highest heat blocking, is vkool (xk40 + x75) the best?

If there is mobile data issue, I would consider using 3M or HO.

Between 3M Crystalline and HO, which would you guys advise then?

Neutral Newbie

hi bro

if i choose to flim juz my firts 2 side and front est what is the total cost can anyone share with me..thank you

• Praise 1

hi bro

if i choose to flim juz my firts 2 side and front est what is the total cost can anyone share with me..thank you

interested to know this too, TIA

Neutral Newbie

Actually,I were also unsure weather they really put the 99%IRR or not as I been cheated once..but then..

During the installation process,while the installers lay the film on the window(before paste) this boss even test the film with the meter again to assure me and its read 99% IRR.

haha..This time I end up happily with no doubt.

This film really work,I can say that the best heat cut film which I ever have, even under the current hot Sun.

Hi bro can recommend the shop/brand name for the tint which able to give 99% IRR?

Thanks

I have tried quite a few solar films from different shops and the poorest is from Infratint.

Although they claim is the highest specs with highest heat rejection, I can still feel much heat through the windscreen.

Not happy after just one month of use and changed it to something much better and cheaper too.

It was a pain to remove them and clean due to poor quality of adhesive that leaves a huge amount of stubborn glue on the windscreen.

I still dun understand why they are still so popular.

I have nothing against them.... just my true and honest review.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Please share shop contacts, thank you [cool]

I have tried quite a few solar films from different shops and the poorest is from Infratint.

Although they claim is the highest specs with highest heat rejection, I can still feel much heat through the windscreen.

Not happy after just one month of use and changed it to something much better and cheaper too.

It was a pain to remove them and clean due to poor quality of adhesive that leaves a huge amount of stubborn glue on the windscreen.

I still dun understand why they are still so popular.

I have nothing against them.... just my true and honest review.