Pioneer DVD-P4250 Users

Jl255

I've been trying so many different .avi formats but i somehow can never get the videos to play from my SD-Card. Can someone enlighten me on the exact codec that this unit can play???

i know it says it is compatible with DIVX (.avi) but after using Total File Converter and converting 4-5 different .avi formats, none work.

Edited by Ragingbull
↡ Advertisement

I've been trying so many different .avi formats but i somehow can never get the videos to play from my SD-Card. Can someone enlighten me on the exact codec that this unit can play???

i know it says it is compatible with DIVX (.avi) but after using Total File Converter and converting 4-5 different .avi formats, none work.

Sometimes the filename play a big different.

Rename it to something like move1.avi and also put in the root directory.

Sometimes the filename play a big different.

Rename it to something like move1.avi and also put in the root directory.

tks, u tried this and it worked?

Neutral Newbie

Looking at installing this HU next week. Can someone confirm that this HU can play video files from SD card and HDD via USB?

I had the AVHP3150DVD installed several weeks ago and then realised it was the older version of the AVHP3250DVD.

My 3150 specs for USB will not play video files; only song & jpeg.

As for playing via USB hardisk the Pioneer tech told me max current drawn is less than 500mA. So if you want to play via hardisk make sure the current drawn is less than that.

The other problem is using the Ipod player in Iphone (true for all AVHP model).

I can play and control music & video files using Iphone OS3 but OS4 will not work properly.

The other problem, only proper English font will work; Chinese font may inoperable your Iphone.

Neutral Newbie

Hi I would like to find out about the following from fellow users:

1. When playing mp3 from usb/cd, can the song title scroll along so I can read the whole song title instead of stuck at e.g. "Michael Buble - Put yo..."

2. My 88.3 fm station has quite bad reception with the pioneer 4250 but the other stations like 93.3 or 95.0 is very good.

I'm driving altis 2008 and 88.3fm didn't used to be so bad with the stock 2-din dvd player.

Could this be due to any problem?

3. My installer told me that the steering wheel module he fixed on my car, the up and down button that used to be changing radio stations for my previous stock HU, can only be used to seek stations manually now and can't be used to switch between preset stations. That means if I want to switch from 88.3 to 95.0 using my steering wheel controls, I've to go thru 88.3.....all the way till 95.0! Is this true? Can I do anything to help the situation?

4. I know 4250 doesn't play chinese characters but is there anything I can do to install chinese characters?

Thanks!

I got this pioneer 4250DVD HU.

Bought a 40x2 amp to drive the front speakers.

1) Is it possible to run the front speakers by external amp, and rear speakers on the HU power alone?

2) Will the fader and frequency adjustment works on the RCA(front) and speaker lines(rear)?

3) Is it necessary to buy the pioneer mics to do the automatic sound tuning? or any computer mics also can?

Just want to be sure before installation.

Thanks for any replies to my questions.

Strange,

am using the 3250 and i watch music videos in normal AVI, Divx and Xvid codecs.

the only problem i have is in high def or mkv. both cases the screen will prompt.

since you have problems use the divx converter to encode the file in the latest divx and see how.

Hi I would like to find out about the following from fellow users:

1. When playing mp3 from usb/cd, can the song title scroll along so I can read the whole song title instead of stuck at e.g. "Michael Buble - Put yo..."

2. My 88.3 fm station has quite bad reception with the pioneer 4250 but the other stations like 93.3 or 95.0 is very good.

I'm driving altis 2008 and 88.3fm didn't used to be so bad with the stock 2-din dvd player.

Could this be due to any problem?

3. My installer told me that the steering wheel module he fixed on my car, the up and down button that used to be changing radio stations for my previous stock HU, can only be used to seek stations manually now and can't be used to switch between preset stations. That means if I want to switch from 88.3 to 95.0 using my steering wheel controls, I've to go thru 88.3.....all the way till 95.0! Is this true? Can I do anything to help the situation?

4. I know 4250 doesn't play chinese characters but is there anything I can do to install chinese characters?

Thanks!

From my experience with 3250.... may help...

1. dont think it can. wish it could.

2. Dont think so. my reception was quite bad also. installing a blaupunkt window aerial made it a bit better.

3. Not sure man, the steering wheel console gave me so many problems, i ended up returning it. half the time it couldnt even communicate with the hu.

4. Not sure.

Looking at installing this HU next week. Can someone confirm that this HU can play video files from SD card and HDD via USB?

Confirmed,

but playing video files especially tv shows on USB really lags.

What is the best media to play video from other than DVD since it's lag on USB?

so far using SD card seems ok for tv show. movie has a bit of a audio lag.

funny thing is the DVD player is as good as useless.. all those non region 3 cant be used. have to reburn with no region lock.

I got this pioneer 4250DVD HU.

Bought a 40x2 amp to drive the front speakers.

1) Is it possible to run the front speakers by external amp, and rear speakers on the HU power alone?

2) Will the fader and frequency adjustment works on the RCA(front) and speaker lines(rear)?

3) Is it necessary to buy the pioneer mics to do the automatic sound tuning? or any computer mics also can?

Just want to be sure before installation.

Thanks for any replies to my questions.

Can I check with you, how much you paid for the 4250. As for your queries:

1. Can

2. I don't know

3. the purchase doesn't comes with the tuning mic? when i got my 8650, it comes with the tuning mic in the package. do check the instruction listing to confirm.

↡ Advertisement