Pioneer DVD-P4250 Users

Jl255

Neutral Newbie

Just got my new 4250 installed today was so pleased and further the pricing i got is 600 with installation and i am still playing around with it

↡ Advertisement

Just recently installed Pioneer 4250 into my ride. Very happy with the sound quality....definitely miles better than stock headunit. Powerful enuf to drive my Helix speakers. Sounds so good that I do not need to install any amp or subwoofer...seriously. Steering wheel remote works flawlessly. My advice for those who wish to install the steering wheel remote...get the SWI-PS for Pioneer or Sony headunit...some shops try to sell you the PS-X, it doesnt work well cos PS-X uses infra-red to communicate to ur headunit. Infra-red will not work well if exposed to sunlight...Thats where the problem lies.

Heres the damage:

Pioneer 4250 - $550 (export set)

Pioneer CD-IU200 ipod/iphone cable - $45

PAC-Audio SWI-PS Steering Wheel Remote - $120

Reverse Camera - $50

Go to a reputable shop and get a reliable installer to help u out with installation....everything will work swee swee lah !

Hi,

Mind sharing with me your lobang? Thanks in advance

Neutral Newbie

Just to share with u guys that I bought from Sim Lim Tower. The set is an export set which means no warranty. For local set add about 100plus. So far have no problems with the export set...save the extra $$$ for other things.

I'm not too sure if I can name the shops here....but u can just go around and do some hunting at Sim Lim Tower....( Hint: Not too many shops to choose from...so happy hunting :) )

Just recommended one bro buy a CDT component speaker CL-61 to upgrade his stock speakers. Cost only $150 for new set @SLT....was quoted abt $300 plus elsewhere....So i'm advocating buying from SLT and go to ur trusted audio installer to get ur stuffs install.

hope the info helps...guys! [thumbsup]

Edited by FT09

hi guys,

would like to check with 4250 owners, anyone manage to use it with tv tuner and watch local programs like ch 5, ch 8 and CNA???

i was actually looking for 1 with local tv support....

can anyone intro???

Just got my new 4250 installed today was so pleased and further the pricing i got is 600 with installation and i am still playing around with it

Is this export set w/o warranty? Any ideas how much to add for reverse cam? Can PM me the shop?

Edited by Amazon777

hi guys,

would like to check with 4250 owners, anyone manage to use it with tv tuner and watch local programs like ch 5, ch 8 and CNA???

i was actually looking for 1 with local tv support....

can anyone intro???

Yes mine no problem with digistream tv tuner. Can watch all 3 channels.

BTW anyone knows the correct video resolution to create videos for playback for this unit? Tried 916 x 560 which works fine but not as video. Error pops out as unplayable HD content.. Advice?

If I'm not wrong, the 4250 cannot play HD movie......The manual also says so. Anyway, I tried to play a movie vis the SD card, but I either get a "unsupported format" or a "format read" for a very long time and still nothing out.

Any bros know what's the video resolution needed? I'm interested to know too.

Neutral Newbie

Hi I would like to find out about the following from fellow users:

1. When playing mp3 from usb/cd, can the song title scroll along so I can read the whole song title instead of stuck at e.g. "Michael Buble - Put yo..."

2. My 88.3 fm station has quite bad reception with the pioneer 4250 but the other stations like 93.3 or 95.0 is very good.

I'm driving altis 2008 and 88.3fm didn't used to be so bad with the stock 2-din dvd player.

Could this be due to any problem?

3. My installer told me that the steering wheel module he fixed on my car, the up and down button that used to be changing radio stations for my previous stock HU, can only be used to seek stations manually now and can't be used to switch between preset stations. That means if I want to switch from 88.3 to 95.0 using my steering wheel controls, I've to go thru 88.3.....all the way till 95.0! Is this true? Can I do anything to help the situation?

4. I know 4250 doesn't play chinese characters but is there anything I can do to install chinese characters?

Thanks!

Hi, I'm having the same issue as you as highlighted in your point #2 but mine is model 4350. Could it due to the steering remote as mentioned by one of the bros reply to this thread? I just realized mine is the infra-red one.

To switch between pre set radio frequency need to touch the screen. Sianz..

Edited by Zach09

I am using the 4250 but had not much issue with 88.3 but instead depends on the location.. Overall ok with the reception. I think old ordinary Sony also used to have the reception issue..

I'm using pioneer P80. old player without usb port but nice!

9club, 9977club.com

It is great if you tune it properly. My favourite 2 way active HU.