• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic | 10 praises

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:25 AM

Blackseal
  • Premium member
    Blackseal
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

The Volkswagen Polo has been named the 2010 World Car of the Year at the New York International Auto Show. VW's car beat out two other finalists, the Mercedes-Benz E-Class and Toyota Prius, to win the award.

30 vehicles had originally been nominated for the prize, a list that was whittled down until the three finalists were announced last month. To be considered for the award, a vehicle had to be in production and sold on at least two different continents in 2009. At least 500 units of each nominated vehicle had to be produced in 2009 to qualify.

“Holding its own in the most competitive market segment, the all-new Polo MkV is one of VW’s star performers," a representitive of the jury said in a press release. "Draped in head-turning stylish curves, the Polo is certainly one of the classiest small VWs ever built. It’s also safe; generating a maximum five-star Euro NCAP crash-test rating. Behind the wheel, the Polo demonstrates mature manners and boasts a superb driving position that’s adjustable and, in common with the latest Golf, all the controls are well weighted and precise."

"The Polo is just one brilliant supermini.”

The award is voted on by a jury of 59 automotive experts from around the world, though only one juror was from Africa or South America. Collectively, they narrowed the field from 30 to ten in January, before choosing the finalists a month later. Previous award winners include the VW Golf, Mazda2/Demio, Lexus LS460, BMW 3-Series, and Audi A6.

Separately, the jury awarded the Chevrolet Camaro with the World Car Design of the Year prize, and the entire Volkswagen BlueMotion lineup as World Green Car of the Year. The jury did not disclose why they picked the BlueMotion Golf, Passat, and Polo collectively, instead of choosing a single vehicle.

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:20 PM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

erm...The VW Polo looks good laugh.gif. It looks like I'm going for a test drive.

Regards,
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. You may feel displeased which in this case, my sincere apologies and do kindly seek moderator's advice if need be. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. My motto is we agree to disagree. No profanity or obscenities of any kind. No personal attacks on other users. Thank you.

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:05 AM

Mllcg
  • Premium member
    Mllcg
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i prefer the golf. lol

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:16 AM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i prefer the golf. lol

Budget constraint...so can play golf laugh.gif. erm..if polo a more expensive game? cool.gif

Regards,
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. You may feel displeased which in this case, my sincere apologies and do kindly seek moderator's advice if need be. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. My motto is we agree to disagree. No profanity or obscenities of any kind. No personal attacks on other users. Thank you.

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:21 AM

Davc
  • Davc
    4th Gear
    Author Image

It is like saying 'Miss Universe', the most punctual woman in the world.

Don't care about look or whether she is hot. She is punctual and frugal, jolly well wins the title.

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:35 AM

Ahbengdriver
  • Ahbengdriver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

This car of the year award is becoming a joke. Toyota Prius was a near contender? sleep.gif

And I thought in one of those previous years, Mazda-2 also won......

I think Merc E class should win, not the Polo.
===========================================================================
I am looking for another word other than "disgusting" to describe 4.62 minion but bcos I neber pass my PSLE, the only word I know is "KNNBCBB"

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:56 AM

Mllcg
  • Premium member
    Mllcg
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

whats the website?

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:27 AM

Pocus
  • Pocus
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Wonder when will the polo gti hit our shores?? That's a viable replacement for my current ride...

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:25 AM

GemLeo
  • GemLeo
    4th Gear
    Author Image

hmmm.. is it using the new DSG gearbox?
I hear it has cause some problems.. anyone can verify?

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:40 AM

Vega
  • Vega
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Wonder when will the polo gti hit our shores?? That's a viable replacement for my current ride...

VW is going to dump the twin charge engine liao. all going turbo or bi-turbo.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

Sing
  • Sing
    Banned

I heard it is not bad also

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I heard it is not bad also

Just read a local car magazine editor's VW Polo GTI,need to top up 1L engine oil every 1500-1800km,& his car DSG fails,need 10 days to repair,because parts need to send in from Germany[he commented why parts can't use 1 day Fed-Ex courier service]anyway his car's mileage is only 30K KM,so he was given a VW Beetle as a courtesy car...
Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

Deckbuild
  • Premium member
    Deckbuild
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Just read a local car magazine editor's VW Polo GTI,need to top up 1L engine oil every 1500-1800km,& his car DSG fails,need 10 days to repair,because parts need to send in from Germany[he commented why parts can't use 1 day Fed-Ex courier service]anyway his car's mileage is only 30K KM,so he was given a VW Beetle as a courtesy car...

Was at Mid Valley over the weekend and saw a few VW on display, saw the Polo sedan, Euro 2 emission standard, 6 speed auto, the whole car looks nice, but just don't open any of the openable doors..... The whole car look more cheapo than China car.....

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:09 PM

2BDriver
  • Premium member
    2BDriver
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Was at Mid Valley over the weekend and saw a few VW on display, saw the Polo sedan, Euro 2 emission standard, 6 speed auto, the whole car looks nice, but just don't open any of the openable doors..... The whole car look more cheapo than China car.....

Volkswagen Polo Rollover Crash

If you SKIP TO 0:30 for the flipping over action, you will miss several road construction hazardous site, just like the driver under estimate the danger and failed to slow down on the uneven road.

He flips over and destroyed his Volkswagen Polo right side up, with the help of his passenger at the end of the video, they've managed to pulled the car up-right.
*VOLUME WARNING*

Jamesc praised this

Worrying is like a rocking chair,  keeps moving you forward and backward forever wasting your time and gets you to nowhere.

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:20 PM

Vega
  • Vega
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

all I can say is...

a very very good car cam. so what brand? :D

Edited by Vega, 10 December 2014 - 10:20 PM.

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:26 PM

2BDriver
  • Premium member
    2BDriver
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

all I can say is...

a very very good car cam. so what brand? :D

Wah, what good dashcam ?????  行 灾 乐 祸   [:/]     [dizzy]     [laugh]     :D

Worrying is like a rocking chair,  keeps moving you forward and backward forever wasting your time and gets you to nowhere.

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:37 PM

Vega
  • Vega
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Wah, what good dashcam ?????  行 灾 乐 祸   [:/]     [dizzy]     [laugh]     :D

no lah. no 行 灾 乐 祸.

may be the polo driver thot he is driving this polo. :D

VW-Polo-R-WRC-Spain-test-01.jpg

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:40 PM

2BDriver
  • Premium member
    2BDriver
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

no lah. no 行 灾 乐 祸.

may be the polo driver thot he is driving this polo. :D

VW-Polo-R-WRC-Spain-test-01.jpg

This one look nice, 很 有 杀 气   [thumbsup]

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:40 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Won't it pichar lobang when the driver's insurance company saw this video?

Arya...who would have thought?

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:42 PM

2BDriver
  • Premium member
    2BDriver
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Won't it pichar lobang when the driver's insurance company saw this video?

I am sure he got his dear life back [sweatdrop]  without considering the hard works of claiming insurance compensations   [dizzy]

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Volkswagen Polo

Volkswagen Polo  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Ramt  |  Clutched

Pretty Good hatchback

A pretty good compact hatchback for its class, putting out generous torque and reasonable ponies. Smooth dsg gear box too

Volkswagen Polo

Volkswagen Polo  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Garettos  |  Neutral Newbie

Test drove, but decided not to buy.

Was looking to buy a new car, hence test drove the Polo 1.2 TSI 105bhp with DSG when it was just launched. More than sufficient power from the 1.2 turbocharged engine. Acceleration was brisk and effortless. It's turbocharged hence lots of... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Volkswagen Polo

Quick Reply

Tags: volkswagen, vw polo, coty and 1 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users