Direction To Restaurant Todak (Johor)

Titank

Had tried both the Todak and Asli seafood restaurant but are in different parts of Johor. The Orang Asli is in western part, if you are going in by 2nd Link, head towards Jusco Bukit Indah but do not go in, go towards Tesco and Giant, at the road junction, with Tesco on the left and Giant in front, turn right and go all the way, it is quite a distance, you will bypass Taman Perling and it is a small tarmac road, right at the end you will see the signboard. You can see the Causeway on the left of the restaurant.

Todak Restaurant is on the eastern part, near another Jusco, Permas Jaya, and as the map shown till you reach Telok Jawa, it is near a mosque and you could see the sea from there. Nice scenic view of Sembawang.

Both feature live sea food that you could pick and choose. Price a bit pricey by Johor standards but worth it. :D

Which one is better har in term of food quality and prices, Todak or Asli? Thanks.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

i just returned from lunch. Ate at the restaurant beside Todak. Something Pantai....the food is quite checp. I am the only Singapore car there....Todak got more Singapore car

Neutral Newbie

Both Todak and Danga Asli are seafood restaurants. Todak has more varieties and better taste but price is slightly higher.

You Min (located at my hometown) is famous for 野味。

Both Todak and Danga Asli are seafood restaurants. Todak has more varieties and better taste but price is slightly higher.

You Min (located at my hometown) is famous for 野味。

Where is You Min?

Neutral Newbie

Food there is cheap. Thats all... Taste is so so only. I wouldn't go all the way there just to taste so so food....

i oso not recomend it, food is so so n thier service r [thumbsdown]

Todak Restoran can go by Permas Jaya Jusco that route?? Did they extend the road eastwards? The last I went last year the road still under construction. No need to go by Pasir Gudang highway?

Turbocharged

I reply my own question cos just went on my own. :D

Todak now very easily accessible thru permas jaya -> todak seafood. At the end of the new road, gotta drive against the traffic abit cos the new road not exactly officially open for that stretch. Drive with care. To get to Permas Jaya from Woodlands Checkpoint, don't turn left (which is heading towards shell) instead turn right. This will lead you all the way to Permas Jaya. From there go Todak is straightforward, but the bottleneck jam during peak hour is going thru the bridge.

I reply my own question cos just went on my own. :D

Todak now very easily accessible thru permas jaya -> todak seafood. At the end of the new road, gotta drive against the traffic abit cos the new road not exactly officially open for that stretch. Drive with care. To get to Permas Jaya from Woodlands Checkpoint, don't turn left (which is heading towards shell) instead turn right. This will lead you all the way to Permas Jaya. From there go Todak is straightforward, but the bottleneck jam during peak hour is going thru the bridge.

Is the restaurant Todak open during lunch time?

Using GPS, what address to key in?

Pls advise

Neutral Newbie

Is the restaurant Todak open during lunch time?

Using GPS, what address to key in?

Pls advise

GPS: 1.477014,103.844640

Bro,

Todak rest. is open for lunch and dinner, many singaporean cars can be found there, if you do not want to be caught up by the jam best to go in early by 5pm, do some shopping or hair-cut or an massage to kill time.

Nite traffic snare is bad, as EDL is two lane traffic high bridge, no way their Govt can upsize !!

There are few way of short-cut to Todak Rest. ( only if you are street-wise with road, if you are blur sotong, do not attempt to do it at nite, )

a) Go by EDL after check'g out of Malaysian Custom by keeping left, most Sp cars keep right to go to Pertonas and Shell station or MAke a U turn after Shell Stn like going back to MAl custom, keep left to all the way till Ah Koong Yong Tau Hu, T junction turn right to Permas Jaya highway, adjoining lane from EDL bridge.

b) Once on EDL, go straight about 1.5-2 km, look out for sign ' Permas Jaya ' till you see a Pink color sign-board, Tesco ' on left hand side, keep going towards Pasir Gudang direction ...

c) Todak is located on the opp. side of the EDL, so u have to go in early as street - light not bright enough, approx 800-1000, divert to a under-bridge turn right into the direction of Senibong Cove project direction.

d) It's muddy track like Sp Jln Ulu Sembawang reservist training ground, slow down and keep left to a Sign " Todak, Asli Orang seafood "about 300m on the right track, facing seafront facing Sembawang shore.

Look out for zinc fencing, new development along this stretch of road.

The seafood no longer cheap, the waitress knows we're Singaporean by the way we dress, eat and talk.

To a Malaysian local, few hardly eat there, a mere RM 500-700 dinner cost an arm and a leg, not including beers, nuts and towels.

There are many options to eat seafood in JB, relatively affordable and delicious. but no longer cheap now.

Enjoy !

↡ Advertisement