Alfa Romeo Giulietta

Zac

then what about the 159 ? it's been here since 2005 and there's afew running on the road . And it's quite cheap for a conti car .

i think people still care about the realibility issues with Alfa .

the reliability really depends on whether you got yourself a lemon car or not....

some 159/Brera drivers claim no major mechanical/electrical problems,

however, some have iffy small problems here and there, which troubles the whole driving experience....

as for the 159/Brera 2.2Selespeed model, no matter how cheap the car is, not many can take to the semi-auto clutchless manual gearbox....

but Alfatis will brag about how sporty and good the selespeed gearbox makes up for the sporty driving,

but really, Fiat just couldn't be bothered about the bragging....

what they're concerned right now is the sales....

cos it's not really good, and they are suffering quite a bit....

the reliability really depends on whether you got yourself a lemon car or not....

some 159/Brera drivers claim no major mechanical/electrical problems,

however, some have iffy small problems here and there, which troubles the whole driving experience....

as for the 159/Brera 2.2Selespeed model, no matter how cheap the car is, not many can take to the semi-auto clutchless manual gearbox....

but Alfatis will brag about how sporty and good the selespeed gearbox makes up for the sporty driving,

but really, Fiat just couldn't be bothered about the bragging....

what they're concerned right now is the sales....

cos it's not really good, and they are suffering quite a bit....

hmm, i won't necessarily call it bragging, cos we tend to just say we like the selespeed but at the same time, admit it doesn't suit everyone. For eg, if i like to use my left foot to engage gear, i wouldn't brag it to my friends they should also drive like that. considering most of drivers use auto, i will in fact highly recommend them not to get selespeed.

yr rite about Fiat though, they need more sales, not just from the Alfistis. so we'll either get dual clutch or full auto in the future.

as for iffy problems that troubles the whole driving experience, we aren't actually troubled to be honest. we're more troubled driving those troubled-free toyotas!

wah quite fugly leh...sorry ah alfistis

i think it's because of the plate number position . If I were to own this car , i would remove the front licence plate but too bad , it's illegal .

Nothing beats a standard manual gearbox in an Alfa. It's a beautiful car nonetheless.

I dun fancy the DCG for a couple of reasons. One is the programming, it might not downshift when you want it to, can be frustrating. 2nd is the maintainance, reliability and cost of servicing it, things like how fast the clutch pack will wear out.

I hope all will go well for the MkI otherwise I rather go for the facelift version which they will iron out the problems, if any.

but its seems like the DSG has really set the trend in many premium makes.. everyone is gg that direction.. Even some motorbikes has DSG in the pipeline.

but its seems like the DSG has really set the trend in many premium makes.. everyone is gg that direction.. Even some motorbikes has DSG in the pipeline.

But it's still consider new and not many workshops outside have the expertise. Have to go back to AD for their premium billing. That's why I still prefer manual for such cars.

Hopefully this will be a good thing so that the popularity of using this type of gearbox will bring down the cost in terms of servicing and parts. But still got some way to go before it happens.

↡ Advertisement