Alfa Romeo Giulietta

Zac

Neutral Newbie

Well, ever car will sure have its problem.

I came over from VW Golf Sports 1.4 MK6.

Honestly VW golf is a good car put aside its gear box issue which i had to change twice but thanks to the 5 yrs warranty.

On and off, some sensor signal will come on and then u will panic awhile but after a few days or weeks it will not come on again. Too smart i guess. Decided to change becos 5 years warranty is over and i dont want to take the risk of having gear issues. Suspension is also due to change.

i was considering whether to wait for the 2017 Golf but i didn't regret my decision to buy AR GQV. The driving feel of both car are totally different. i do miss the low end torque of the golf (twin charged ma) but the style of the AR cannot be compared to that of VW. if you want normal, VW it is. VW is becoming to be the Toyota of the conti car segments. Reliable. I will not comment of the reliability of AR as i am a newbie to it!! haha.

Edited by Ivan_R
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Majority Alfa owners buy the car using heart and not brain... tat's y we are branded as the crazy ones, hehe...

Head bro. Still got brain. Lol

Honestly VW golf is a good car put aside its gear box issue which i had to change twice but thanks to the 5 yrs warranty.

On and off, some sensor signal will come on and then u will panic awhile but after a few days or weeks it will not come on again. Too smart i guess. Decided to change becos 5 years warranty is over and i dont want to take the risk of having gear issues. Suspension is also due to change.

i was considering whether to wait for the 2017 Golf but i didn't regret my decision to buy AR GQV. The driving feel of both car are totally different. i do miss the low end torque of the golf (twin charged ma) but the style of the AR cannot be compared to that of VW. if you want normal, VW it is. VW is becoming to be the Toyota of the conti car segments. Reliable. I will not comment of the reliability of AR as i am a newbie to it!! haha.

At least they let u change under warranty... lol

Neutral Newbie

your gearbox issue is mechatronics unit or clutch wear?

and if you dont mind, can pm me more info about your purchase of theGQV? like the things they throw in, or if you dont mind sharing here can just post here too! thanks in aadvance!

havent actually gotten it yet, but seriously considering among the hot hatches, golf 1.4, roc 1.4, gqv, (anything else?). 

my main concern now that is holding me back is probably the reliability, followed by the resale value. any bros here mind sharing some wisdom, many thanks in advance!

1. there is no resale value.

2. reliability, up the the new owner, if you're buying used, set aside 4-5k for proper maintenance when anything breaks down.

replace when due, replace with brand new.

you go with used 2nd hand parts or make do, if you want to go budget, stick with the jappies, they can work like that, 

don't treat your love with used parts... she will give you used up time, especially at the most inconvenient of times.

there is no wisdom to be shared, only experience.

wisdom is your choice, work with experience or work without .....

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

your gearbox issue is mechatronics unit or clutch wear?

and if you dont mind, can pm me more info about your purchase of theGQV? like the things they throw in, or if you dont mind sharing here can just post here too! thanks in aadvance!

it was the juttering issue. First tell you its mechatronics and they will do a diagnostics test and some software reset. Initially its ok, but after a while of driving, the juttering would return then i will send in again and after diagnostic test again, they will change the clutch. 

I bought a pre-loved one so nothing was thrown in. my advise is that you can squeeze abit more out of the agent as they are desperate to clear the remaining 3 units of G QV. they have reduced the price from $143800 to $139800.

it was the juttering issue. First tell you its mechatronics and they will do a diagnostics test and some software reset. Initially its ok, but after a while of driving, the juttering would return then i will send in again and after diagnostic test again, they will change the clutch.

I bought a pre-loved one so nothing was thrown in. my advise is that you can squeeze abit more out of the agent as they are desperate to clear the remaining 3 units of G QV. they have reduced the price from $143800 to $139800.

You are aware that the TCT is also a Twin Clutch/Dual Clutch system.

And without the proper regular maintenance and usage, it won't be too far from off the mill DSG issues.

Beyond maintenance, it is a damn fast unit.....

I think i should be the first in Singapore to have a complete clutch failure.

It started with an increasingly loud grinding noise coming from the engine bay. Especially at cold start.

Few days later, the gearbox refused to get into gear. 

Luckily it is a leased unit. gearbox failed at 50k, 1.4 TCT - 170

Do note for those who intend to mod, the 1.4 and the 1.8 have different clutch even tho on paper it says TCT.

What i gotten from the AR sales rep is -

1.4 clutch is rated ~280 torque

1.8 clutch is rated ~ 350 torque

• Praise 2

I think i should be the first in Singapore to have a complete clutch failure.

It started with an increasingly loud grinding noise coming from the engine bay. Especially at cold start.

Few days later, the gearbox refused to get into gear. 

Luckily it is a leased unit. gearbox failed at 50k, 1.4 TCT - 170

Do note for those who intend to mod, the 1.4 and the 1.8 have different clutch even tho on paper it says TCT.

What i gotten from the AR sales rep is -

1.4 clutch is rated ~280 torque

1.8 clutch is rated ~ 350 torque

Sounds painful.

but probably not the first.

The first got hit twice, and his wasn't a loaner.

got it replaced out of pocket, and then was informed there is a way to drive in D, N or A mode.

Don't use D if you are in start stop traffic. esp prolonged ones. it will kill your clutch sooner than any rating you can get.

Neutral Newbie

Wondering if anyone that owns the Giulietta 1.4T MA had any issues with sluggish performance at the transition from Gear 1 to 2 and from 2 to 3 (in Dynamic Mode)?

I've only driven it for 6000KM and it used to be very responsive but recently, it feels like the clutch doesn't fully "bite" and my engine roars loudly but no power :\ Also not sure if turbo is kicking in properly or not.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Wondering if anyone that owns the Giulietta 1.4T MA had any issues with sluggish performance at the transition from Gear 1 to 2 and from 2 to 3 (in Dynamic Mode)?

I've only driven it for 6000KM and it used to be very responsive but recently, it feels like the clutch doesn't fully "bite" and my engine roars loudly but no power :\ Also not sure if turbo is kicking in properly or not.

Any advice is much appreciated.

What was ur last mod?

When was ur last service?

Any error lights?

Car still under warranty?

Neutral Newbie

What was ur last mod?

When was ur last service?

Any error lights?

Car still under warranty?

@Theredstar, never modded it before. I just got my car Dec 2016 so haven't sent for servicing since it is only at 6000 KM.

No error lights or any sort and I believe the car is still under warranty since I never did anything to void it.

Should I just send my car back to EA for a checkup?

@Theredstar, never modded it before. I just got my car Dec 2016 so haven't sent for servicing since it is only at 6000 KM.

No error lights or any sort and I believe the car is still under warranty since I never did anything to void it.

Should I just send my car back to EA for a checkup?

If it's that new and u value ur warranty, yes.

Let them sort it out.

U paid for it anyway

Any bro here notice that FC varies with different brand of fuel? Have always pump SPC 98 but FC not fantastic...at best 9km/L but just recently pumped Shell 98 coz low on fuel and feel that pick up is slightly better and FC has improved 10%...though will need to monitor over longer period. Driving GQV.

Any bro here notice that FC varies with different brand of fuel? Have always pump SPC 98 but FC not fantastic...at best 9km/L but just recently pumped Shell 98 coz low on fuel and feel that pick up is slightly better and FC has improved 10%...though will need to monitor over longer period. Driving GQV.

SPC never was good for mileage for me regardless of car make. [:p]