Shell Helix Ultra at Giant

Minut3s

Supercharged

my 2012 car clocked 190,000km not too long ago

that marked 100,000km on super market engine oil (Shell Helix Ultra)

I skipped the last 90,000km dealer service before the warranty ends and started using SHC

since then the car had a few blown headlight bulbs and I need to replace the aircon blower, otherwise nothing to report

maybe I can avoid those if I don't use the supermarket engine oil

• Praise 2

I skipped the last 90,000km dealer service before the warranty ends and started using SHC

since then the car had a few blown headlight bulbs and I need to replace the aircon blower, otherwise nothing to report

What you trying to say? Go one big round for what?

Any issues during dealer service?

Are you on the same oil change interval on the supermarket oil as the dealer service?

Supercharged

Any issues during dealer service?

Are you on the same oil change interval on the supermarket oil as the dealer service?

two issues during dealer service, failed intake camshaft timing actuator and a turbocharger oil feed pipe leakage, both fixed under warranty.

I halved the service interval since 105,000km  [:)]

yours truly and a die-hard hiadee...we did an oil change using the Giant supermart SHU.  To be more precise we DIY-ed(not the RA type of DIY) 

To convince we were not real cheapos, we did a run up North yesterday.  He hit 200kmh on his siao car, I only went up to 180kmh.  We only did that kinda range for like 5 mins.  We slowed down a few times and pick up speed again when the road is clear.  Most of the rest of journey were cruising speeds between 100 to 130kmh.

Verdict of the SHU.  Felt as good as the Liqui Moly 5w40 previously.  Acceleration is smooth n good.  Nothing wrong at all. And for $29.90 a 4L bottle, well worth it.

• Praise 1

its shell helix fault then.

the heat built up caused the parts to fail. Avoid helix at all cost, please.

Yeah, so I heard and thats why yesterday I went to loot another 4 bottles.  Now I have so many bottles of SHU, enuf to last until my car reach COE expiry.

color of the oil turns darker as it stores away and saturates

• Dislike 1

Really?  Next time I ll take not because I still have some 3 year old Liqui Moly stocks  [:p] .

Actually all my Liqui Moly stocks in my store are 2 year old stock when I bot them.  Got them cheaper this way but still they function well.  In any case, I only use them and replace after every 5000km so not an issue at all.

heard some peeper say hor...this $29 SHU at Giant if got dunno what member card, still got another 5% disc? Wah.

u use passion card got afew cents off only.

UOB delight only for Giant no frills items like the bread and stuff they made.

Leave the cheap oil to us. Some must maintain the taxes they paid for the car. Coe, arf, Rd taxes and etc need to use good engine oil.

Your bb car cost consist of 80% taxes.

How much is $50 per oil change when your car cost 100k.

Edited by Hachi

As long as it is sealed and unopened, it should not happened lor.

I ever inherited half a dozen of Carlube 40 from a uncle.  I think he bought in 2008.  I used the last bottle last year.

Color is "normal".

I store oil in a cool dark place like my kitchen cabinet lor

As long as it is sealed and unopened, it should not happened lor.

I ever inherited half a dozen of Carlube 40 from a uncle. I think he bought in 2008. I used the last bottle last year.

Color is "normal".

I store oil in a cool dark place like my kitchen cabinet lor

Aiyah cannot doubt others la. Cheapie and ignorant people like us will still use. Cause we cannot see the light. For some only $100 oils are the good stuff. Everything else is a question mark.
↡ Advertisement