STOP Abusing Borneo SE.....

Andrewlai

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

I started this thread because I realize that there are many people who have been affected by the Borneo CNY Fiasco....for those who do not know what I am talking about this thread is not for you!

Please stop abusing the Borneo Motors SEs....the real idiots behind this mess are those hiding behind them....

I urge you to direct your anger at them instead....

[email protected]

I am directing these questions to Borneo Motor MD, Mr. Koh Chin Hong:

1. How many CNY Promotion Orders did Borneo Motors take in? Was it sincere in wanting to fulfill them?

2. Of this number how many had to TOP UP?

3. How many got their cars eventually?

4. Why didn't Borneo bid earlier when COEs were lower? COEs can be kept 6 months...no need to wait till vehicle has arrived.....

I urge all who were affected to continue voicing their disatisfaction with Borneo...DO NOT LET THEM GET AWAY SCOT FREE? Otherwise next time even the other dealers will follow their example...and buying car becomes like buying lottery....

Andrew

↡ Advertisement

What happened ah? I'm guessing they had a speial CNY offer of some $6k discount of the listed price or something lidat, and since COEs have gone through the roof, they are not honouring the agreed-upon-price at the time of contract signing.

But you directing those questions, valid though they may be, at the Borneo MD through MCF seems to me like an excercise in futility.

Neutral Newbie

Those of us affected have not been able to contact him directly....Borneo has issued NO public statements despite the large numbers of customers involved...remember I am not just talking about those who did not get their cars but also those who have had to fork out another 8k to 11k for their cars. What kind of CNY promotion is that? The analogy is like this:

Lets say Courts has an offer for Plasma TVs..Original price 71k, CNY discount of 6k...final price 65k....Yes these are the 150 inch plamas..HUGE...Then before delivery they ask for TOP UP OF 11K.....

Those of us affected have not been able to contact him directly....Borneo has issued NO public statements despite the large numbers of customers involved...remember I am not just talking about those who did not get their cars but also those who have had to fork out another 8k to 11k for their cars. What kind of CNY promotion is that? The analogy is like this:

Lets say Courts has an offer for Plasma TVs..Original price 71k, CNY discount of 6k...final price 65k....Yes these are the 150 inch plamas..HUGE...Then before delivery they ask for TOP UP OF 11K.....

I don't think this analogy is valid for BM case. The 11K did not go into BM bank account, but LTA. Based on latest COE price, even after top-up, it is still a few K discount for those booked during CNY promotion. Of course, I also agree with you this has nothing to do with the SE, we should not put the blame on them.

Cheers,

Yeah, think I see what you mean. What about contacting Toyota themselves? They'd be eager to earn back their recently tarnished reputation, and if they receive complaints about what their representative here in Singapore has been doing to it's customers, they might take action.

Supercharged

Could it be that BM "piss" the other competitors off big time and they all gang up to teach BM a lesson?

So far, KM, Mazda, TCM, Subaru and VW keep to their promise or contract. (correct me if I am wrong) No angry or disappointed buyer. Only buyers from BM needs to top up or out. They might be losing money per deal but their common aim is to force BM to join their cartel.

As the number of COE is small, it is much easier for the market players to manipulate the price.

Well, just maybe.

Neutral Newbie

So far I haven't heard from customer of other dealers(Mazda, Hyundai, VW etc).....

I believe the reason is because these dealers do not take their time to bid....Borneo makes you wait 3 MONTHS...before telling you you didn't get it....thus the angry reactions from customers....

Supercharged

Did U get Guaranteed or non-guaranteed COE??

End of the day, black n white contract matters...

So does courts offer guaranteed CNY discount or non-guaranteed??

Supercharged

So far I haven't heard from customer of other dealers(Mazda, Hyundai, VW etc).....

I believe the reason is because these dealers do not take their time to bid....Borneo makes you wait 3 MONTHS...before telling you you didn't get it....thus the angry reactions from customers....

I din get my ride from BM, nor am I a supporter of Toyota car.. In fact I find Toyota cars not nice looking, over-priced and BM's arrogant attitude when serving customers during showroom visits a turn-off for me..

But, U did enter a legal binding contract with Borneo Motors, and if its a non-guaranteed contract is is a non-guaranteed....

Why dun U seek a lawyer instead of airing so many pages of grievances here.. Its not going to make your blood pressure go any lower my friend...

And I also do agreed that BM by keeping quiet over such a major incident is not going to help their reputation at all...

End of the day, nobody wants to do a losing business.... Selling cars at a loss.....

Can U open such a shop for me, I wan2 patronize...

Edited by Spurman

I feel that as long as buyer bought under non-guaranteed package, they have no case against Borneo. Never mind if the sales person said 99% can get COE, etc. Borneo has no legal obligation to compensate, since the buyer didn't want to spend an extra $1-2K to get the guaranteed package in the first place.

Andrew, just STFU la. You are wasting time writing and writing in this car forum, you keep writing so much nonsense, why is an MD of a company accountable to you or the media (He has his own stakeholders/shareholders to account to)? You keep putting out stupid comments and replies, also do not accept other people's POV. Its just YOU, YOU and YOU.

So what if you shame BM in this forum? Now you are just shaming yourself with your childish remarks and rebuttals. Initially you were making some sense, seems like you were asking questions to get knowledge, but your thick skull seems to hinder your ability to understand and process proper replies with the way your postings are heading now.

If you have the guts, don't be a cyber warrior. Go state your full name, NRIC, blah blah blah here or in other forums to at least indentify yourself or go to the bloody press for gawds sake.

You keep saying don't feel like topping up blah blah blah. More like don't have the cash to top up right? The truth is some people may not want to buy the cars anymore especially if they are throwing in thier own car because their used car value has also increased.

Next you say soooo maaannnnnyyyy people are affected, how about those who got their cars? More or less? Why not create a list of affected people you can identify instead of just stating hundreds together with your BM document number so we know it is true.

1) Andrewlai - document XXXXX

2) ???

Neutral Newbie

Many thanks for your replies, I am aiming to beat Lufu's thread....repeat after me...YES WE CAN.....

With your keen participation we should hit 100 pages by next WEEK!

Anyway...lets talk serious....yes...non-guaranteed means non-guaranteed...but think about it why are so many people complaining...its not just me.....

When we signed on a non-guaranteed package yes...we are aware that its non-guaranteed...BUT we do not expect that so many people kenna.....we expect that at least 90% or more can get their cars...has that been achieved?

Seriously, I feel its much better to bid COE ourselves than to let Dealer bid.

thats why u need to sign a form to let the dealer book. once signed, LL

↡ Advertisement