STOP Abusing Borneo SE.....

Andrewlai

2. However, did BM fulfil its duty as a respected AD? contractually speaking yes but ethically speaking? NO.

I don't know the internal working of BM. But if their SOP is they will wait till your car is arriving then bid kind of AD, ie skip first few bidding. last few then bid becos your car is arriving, then its normal. Can't say they are unethical.

But if they do it this way for those 6k discount cars, then unethical.

But through reading MCF before buying, I learn 1 thing many years ago.

COE can fluctuate wildly, don't commit to a car with long waiting time w/o some sort of guaranteed to protect your ($$) interest (rebates or guaranteed).

MCF members provided enough info on what to expect and helped me in my process of buying cars.

So, sometimes I do feel fed up with all the whining.

We are all adults who are smart enough to earn $$ to buy a car.

then we should be very wary about the contracts we sign and how each AD approach the COE bidding.

We should the very least owe it to our self to understand this business dealing we are doing.

especiall knn, the deal is in Ks not hundereds. e.g. Just the other day, some1 though AD pay for COE the amt they bid and not and the COE price. some may say AD should be more customer oriented. Wake Up! Stop being naive. Business is not charity.

my tone maybe condescending to some. But i expected more from PMETs to do their own DD.

which is why i started the thread after the 1st wave of whiners.

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=3093694

yes its not ethical for them to chew off more orders than they can handle.

Such gimmicks like these are only for them to fill up their sales quotas to the brim.

after they fill their quota, its a take it or leave it attitude towards you.

want it? if you dont want i still have many more buyers on the list.

who can we blame but ourselves for buying a brand that cant be stopped [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Andrew, Eventually what do you want to achieve from this forum ? You got my sympathy.

I can only judge that BM being the biggest AD in Spore, might have Bitten Off More then he could Chew (BOMTHCC)

Look at the facts :

1. Toyota got alot of flak from recent recalls.

2. BM, gave discounts to draw back customers.

3. The deal worked too well = they have BOMTHCC.

4. Probably at the rate the COE goes up (which they cannot control by the way) they could not deliver a car to everyone who booked

5. The 1st in line are buyers like you - Non-Guaranteed COE. If I were to make a biz decision - this is it too.

6. With so many orders - they probably don't have enough $$ to bid for every car in every single BID exercise.

7. I think this round BM suffered some degree of $ damage...

Other AD - their Nos. are smaller than BM - they can absorb the loss $ for a few cars.

This scenario is not exclusive to Car agents but EVERY Industry. My industry - same problems too.

So Andrew - it does not matter anymore - go book with a reputable AD/PI.

Hope you learn a lesson in buying a Car. I have Never, Ever signed a car deal that says Non-G.

It only shows you can't afford it.

i find point 6 interesting bro.

how can BM, a listed compnay not have enough capital.

so is not bidding until car arriving BM SOP?

i suppose it is. however as mentioned before, BM only actually make the car after you order thats why.

Anyway the massive influx of orders just before the COE rise and due to the promo caused them to be unable/unwilling to deliver

it depends how a company manages its cash and cashflow

i would think it very dangerous to invest in a company with limited liquidity

Going by their story then definitely BM did not go the extra mile but merely tried to satisfy its contractual obligations.

its a well-known fact that Singapore lags behind developed nations in customer rights and service.

The top-up is not a compromise. Its more of a "take it or leave it" kind of thing.

I may not agree with Sling and Andrew entirely on their arguements but I am firmly against the idea of companies with this kind of #&$&ed up attitude.

after all, who's paying?

depends on how much is being paid and whether the payment have got thru anot.

when it come to business, plenty of companies, including those outside singapore, are doing this when they reach certain stage.. you mean your company will let people bargain and whine about things when you have a standard contract? I'm sure I don't go NTUC and whine about things to their management which can be brought cheaper at Sheng Siong.

I also don't go SGX and say i want to buy certain stock at yesterday's price.

While I can agree with you on customer service but when it come to contract, you can neg, same with BM, if they don't neg, then go PI. It's not like they are holding a knife against buyer.

and it's not a take it or leave. there's a choice, take it with or without guarantee COE, leave it, get from PI.

UHmm... Cerano, the way you are replying and the way you seem to think businesses should run is flawed.

They do not have limited liquidity, but if they follow your way and tie up all their cash into COE bidding then they will really suffer from liquidity issues, which is why they will space it out and not use all their financial might to bid.

Maybe you are not very versed in business financing and business matters, better to comment less in this area otherwise it makes you look bad.

No hard feelings ^_^

I think people are all guessing coz non of us work in that company.

whether they have money or not, it doesn't make sense for them to sweep up all the COE at one go. I'm sure you are aware what is the consequence when one large AD does this.

i find point 6 interesting bro.

how can BM, a listed compnay not have enough capital.

I thought I read Andrew telling us that BM did not continuously bid for him every COE exercise. only 1 time ??

Why don't they Bid everytime for the 6 times ??

Bought Altis 4 years ago under non guranteed package and got COE within 1st bid of the months. Maybe this time round they got too many orders coupled with such a drastic discount left them little margin to play with when the COE quota cut steeply.

Their gamble went horribly wrong as it's a known fact the COE quota will be cut drastically and won't need a genius to figure it out after so many years of over issuing.

The mastermind behind BM must be over confident about their power to dictate the COE pricing and for once they're being humbled by their mistake.

I always found their servicing sucks big time over the years when i alternate my servicing to outside workshop as the workshop point out the problems found during servicing with them and asked me to go back to BM to rectify.

I also told the servicing manager in charge at that time my next car will never be a Toyota customer ever again. However i also know they don't give a damn about such a feedback as they're pretty untouchable at that time.

Despite all this... people will still blindly buy from them...

so what is all this complain/soreness/blabbering/disappointment is all about... it hardly shaved their numbers off...

what's more with current high price COE, people wanted the most reliable and most trusted cars in singapore..

TS made the choice of choosing this AD... this brand this model... maybe because this is the most fail safe choice to be had... since he is a no risk taker kind of person...

but then again no one points a gun his your head to MUST get from this folks with this term... but things dun turn out as it is... so too bad, have to face the consequences... am sure he will not be as sore if this is from some small fry ADs.... with higher risk... in contrary.. many small fries AD managed to fulfill their promises and delivered...

I even know of one AD bite the bullet and take the hit of a small loss.. in order to gain customer confidence by delivering their ride...

At the end of the day... people will no matter what but from them.... very sad indeed...

i suppose it is. however as mentioned before, BM only actually make the car after you order thats why.

Anyway the massive influx of orders just before the COE rise and due to the promo caused them to be unable/unwilling to deliver

i believe that most companies would keep their inventories down to it's minimum.

no senseable company would keep a huge inventories on high price items.

I even know of one AD bite the bullet and take the hit of a small loss.. in order to gain customer confidence by delivering their ride...

who, share leh.

Neutral Newbie

Seriously, I feel its much better to bid COE ourselves than to let Dealer bid.

Yes, Borneo motor did not bid once for me since end of Feb 2010. if I bid. drive already.

Borneo motor is quite terrible company.