Increase of engine oil level found in dipstick

Yuan

Any bros have a oil extractor and is willing to lend me extract some EO from my engine?

Something like this -> http://www.amazon.com/Mityvac-7400-Liter-F...ref=pd_sbs_sg_4

Thanks!

lol u need to jack up yr vehicle...and go under..but i think u can do it from the engine cover...should be able to find in singapore for such a device....

Edited by Ithunk
↡ Advertisement

lol u need to jack up yr vehicle...and go under..but i think u can do it from the engine cover...should be able to find in singapore for such a device....

Bro I'm only extracting a small portion. I think the dip-stick method will work provided can find a extractor from a kind bro here. Hehe

Bro I'm only extracting a small portion. I think the dip-stick method will work provided can find a extractor from a kind bro here. Hehe

Don't think a lot of people here has this gadget since we don't have a garage where we can DIY to begin with.

But I know Kuo Li workshop at AMK Ind Park 2 use this to extract used engine oil when he change engine oil for customers. He doesn't drain thru' the plug.

You can look for him.

Just insert the probe into the oil dip stick opening and manually pump the canister piston to creat vacuum.

Edited by Yeobh

wow i din know can extract from the dip stick opening...engine cover also can....

Edited by Ithunk

==================

I got a "tool box" from Mobil 1 as a free gift long ago & it has a long thin tube with a squeeze pump at 1 end to suck out fluids.

I used it b4 to take out excess ATF & EO tru the dipstick hole b4 but the flow rate is damm slow. [sleeping]

Maybe u can try those aquarium air tube to suck out the excess oil?

wow i din know can extract from the dip stick opening...engine cover also can....

===============

I doubt the tube can reach the oil sump tru the engine cover filler hole. [shakehead]

Most of the vaccum oil extractor will have max vacuum reading of 25inches of mercury ( the highest possible via venturi/compressed air or hand pump)

To draw small volume of excess engine oil you can try using a injection sypring for use on large animal. You will need to find a nylon tube to do the extension.

Edited by Yeobh

maybe a head gasket leak, which means coolant is leaking into your engine oil. Check for any white residue on underneath your engine oil cap or go to a ws and do a compression test.

if coolant leak... good luck to him...

anyway, collant mixed with engine oil will give the kind of milky colour... just like water added into any oil...

Most of the vaccum oil extractor will have max vacuum reading of 25inches of mercury ( the highest possible via venturi/compressed air or hand pump)

To draw small volume of excess engine oil you can try using a injection sypring for use on large animal. You will need to find a nylon tube to do the extension.

================

Er.....I not vet leh. Where to get those large syringe?

Maybe i go turf club & see if they have cos they sometimes inject horse with Elephant juice. :D

Maybe a turkey baster wil b more appropriate?

================

Er.....I not vet leh. Where to get those large syringe?

Maybe i go turf club & see if they have cos they sometimes inject horse with Elephant juice. :D

Maybe a turkey baster wil b more appropriate?

LOL

if headgasket blow water temperature or white smoke is a signal. Anyway, send your car to WS for checking.

From my observation to date, water temp remains normal.

This morning I also check my exhaust. No white fumes.

No contamination found in engine oil.

Don't think a lot of people here has this gadget since we don't have a garage where we can DIY to begin with.

But I know Kuo Li workshop at AMK Ind Park 2 use this to extract used engine oil when he change engine oil for customers. He doesn't drain thru' the plug.

You can look for him.

I know of another mechanic also based in AMK Industrial Park 2 who uses such method to extract engine oil.

But I heard this is not as effective as draining through the plug.

Maybe someone can clarify or share some thoughts/views.

↡ Advertisement