Have you played in Sand-based Playgrounds before...

Scion

what? left 5 only?

sigh...it is a part of our childhood. Guess, once the memories gone, it is time for me to move....

2,3 and 5 are very common in AMK last time.

Still got one with the over hanging beams with swings below.

remember a lot of kids like to climb on top of the beams and chit chat there.

Neutral Newbie

...during ur childhood?

very soon... they will be gone in our ever-changing nation.. [:(][:(]

only 5 left in Singapore...

link: http://www.cnngo.com/singapore/play/singap...esterday-483500

I had the most fun in the "Dragon" playground. countless times with my foot stuck in the "bones" of the body. Extremely dangerous for playing catching, but hell lot of fun.

The downside with sand playgrounds is that they are a magnet for cat poo and pee. Washing hands after playing is a dead must.

i grew up with the 3rd one. everyday sch holiday will go there to meet my friends. play all kinds of games that we could come up with our kiddy imagination. i remember my parents will always complain why the toilet so much sand! brought back courtesy of 2 fully loaded underwears! (me and my bro's)

Played all before. Esp during mid-autumn festival, use candles to brighten up playground.. pleasant childhood memories..

Played all before. Esp during mid-autumn festival, use candles to brighten up playground.. pleasant childhood memories..

hey I was just telling my wife that!

man.... today's playgrounds are too safe, and parents over protective. to top it off, our kids are over pressured.

whr still have ar? my ah gong loves to bring me there when i was young. kinda miss it. esp when he passed away. :( was thinking of photoshoot at these kidna sandy playground.

Who can forget about the "Dragon" playground?

Playing catching there was so fun.

Gotta agree that playground nowadays are too safe. Kids need adventure too!

Turbocharged

whr still have ar? my ah gong loves to bring me there when i was young. kinda miss it. esp when he passed away. :( was thinking of photoshoot at these kidna sandy playground.

me too.. wanna take photos of them before they are all gone...

from the CNN article, the locations are:

1. sampan design - Pasir Ris

2. dragon design - Toa Payoh

3. dove design - Dakota Cresent

4. clock design - Bishan

5. pelican, rabbit and turtle design - Dover

Neutral Newbie

I think the last Dragon playground is at Toa Payoh. There used to be one in Teck whye and clementi.

Dragon playground nice to play catching in. The last pic, I think used to be found in clementi or ang mo kio areas.

Man, how I missed those days.

Interesting, thanks for sharing. The dragon one is in Toa Payoh, probably the last of its kind around now. I remember driving past last year when I saw it and decided to find somewhere nearby to park, then walked over and took a photo of it.

I remember such playgrounds were common when I was a kid - there was a similar dragon one in Clementi where I used to live. I pity today's kids - everything so sterile, cannot touch this and that because its "dirty" or "dangerous"...

post-25491-1270915474_thumb.jpg

miss these...haha....loved playing there after it rains...can form drains and lakes with the sand

there used to be one more type....in macpherson area/circuit rd.....red color....triangluar....for climbing...and it is damn high...takes courage to climb and sit on top...

Edited by Dragos

Neutral Newbie

I think there should be more than 5 of these around. The CNN writer was simply highlighting 5 designs. If I'm not mistaken, there is a Dragon playground at Blk 92 Kim Seng Road

↡ Advertisement