Have you played in Sand-based Playgrounds before...

Scion

Turbocharged

Bro, think it's Long Hu Bang Bang Bang ... it's a Chinese Top 10 pop music countdown type of radio show.

Long2 Hu3 Bao4 is something my classmate used to bring back to share with us in the last row when school reopened after he returned from his Hong Kong trip. [cool]

hehehe...at least someone knows... ^_^

↡ Advertisement

a conspiracy theory that i heard was that some folks dont like the existence of symbols of people power. the library was built with donations of the people, rich and poor, a symbol of the power that common folk can have. it MUST therefore go.

similar to weird name changes from chinese high school to TCHS (adding T in front) to now HCI.

only a conspiracy, but i think it makes SOME sense.

Not surprising, besides buildings that are being demolished, villages and roads named after individuals are fast disappearing too. Either that or it could be the new breed of scholars who find these old buildings an eyesore and trying to come up with fancyful road names.

(edited)

"SHORT HAND! STANDING! NO KISSING!" :D

yes yes bro..you are of the same generation...!!!...cheers to the good old days...nowaday...kids will never get to play this kinda game......

Edited by LoverofCar

I'm sure most of the Gen-Y folks would have seen this. ^_^

Wow!!! my fav game at that time.but it ended in disasters after dropping in the toliet bowl while poo poo [bigcry] .By the way,has anyone attended SWING SINGAPORE,where the authorities basically closed down the whole of orchard road.

Turbocharged

By the way,has anyone attended SWING SINGAPORE,where the authorities basically closed down the whole of orchard road.

Brings back good memories.

That event for a big thing for us straight-laced-no-fun Singaporeans then.

3rd Gear

Terry Pathmanathan!! Alistair Edwards!

Look at Chris Waddle's mullet!

growing up during then was tough. parents have to slog like hell.

but 10x more fun than now.

I miss the m'sia cup days very much.

Malaysia cup days is the best.... stadium is always confirm full house..

and you need to queue overnight just to get tickets....

Malaysia cup days is the best.... stadium is always confirm full house..

and you need to queue overnight just to get tickets....

Yes,the whole staduim will be trembling when a corner or a free kick was taken [bounce1] .that was the only time im interested in sin football.

Brings back good memories.

That event for a big thing for us straight-laced-no-fun Singaporeans then.

And I think in 1988 or 1989, Andy Lau and Eric Tsang did a short filming session amid the crowd for their movie.

thanks for the picture, it remind me of my wonderful childhood. most of time (after school) my friends and i are having fun outdoor. I pity the kids nowaday.

Turbocharged
(edited)

kope from HWZ

i'm sure local 70s babies are familiar with these:

220400339499246b465co.jpg

2203237747dc1d5e0b0bo.jpg

2204059256712892ed96o.jpg

2203292265a2a542c723o.jpg

2203246469f39709fe3eo.jpg

Edited by Scion

wow! Reading through this thread floods me with nostalgia!

Building sand castles, playing tag and freeze with the other kids, climbing up and down the playground structure.. I loved to assemble the plastic cars in the box, collecting stickers, stamps... not much of a marble player though.. liked playing five stones more.. :D

Nowadays, kids playgrounds are all the soft spongey type of ground. Who knows in future when these kids have grown up, and playgrounds become only digitalised experiences. Then our next generation of grown up kids would also lament on the loss of their spongey playground. [;)]

actually the spongy playground is even worse than sand playgrounds.. the spongy surface is extremely rough and if any kid falls, confirm abrasion lor..