Possible to mod my laptop charger to a car 12V adaptor?

Drive

Neutral Newbie

Hi

Anyone or anywhere can it be done? Or anywhere sell the OEM type?

!2 DC to 215-230 VAC invertor, can plug into cigarette port.

Those computer shop got sell, price about $40.

need to check wattage got power or not.

Edited by Theone2010

Cigarette lighter socket has a safe output of 10amp x12 volt = 120watt. If you are thinking of higher wattage you need to connect the inverter directly to the battery.

I bought from sim lim tower those 12 volts power supply for notebook (no need for convert to AC). think less than $50, can't recall the exact price. It has mutliple heads and volatge selector for various types of notebook.

This looks like the one I bought from sim lim.

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/IN-CAR-12v-LAPTOP-C...f#ht_3996wt_939

Edited by Ender

Neutral Newbie

Cigarette lighter socket has a safe output of 10amp x12 volt = 120watt. If you are thinking of higher wattage you need to connect the inverter directly to the battery.

ya, should connect direct to battery via a properly rated fuse. Those inverters don't come with cigarette connector, they come with those ring type terminal lugs meant for us to connect direct to battery.

Here is one super slim unit that comes with cigarette lighter male plug.

For connecting direct to battery most of them come equipped with lead acid battery crocodile clips.

post-272-1271060371_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yeobh

Neutral Newbie

Thanks guys for your replies.

My laptop charger says "Input: 100V-240V 0.8A-0.5A 50-60Hz, Output: 16V =2.2A", can the above devices be used? Also found this cheap on epay: http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Universal-Car-Lapto...=item35a86ee21a, can this be used?

yeobh's device converts 12VDC to ~240VAC, ~240VAC is what you have in your home all socket. So you just plug your 3pin plug into the device and use as per normal.