Recommendation for Badminton Racket

Kelpie

Previously, I was looking to get a racket too. Mustafa also has Yonex, B2. From cheap to expensive range.

Went to Jusco Tebrau and had a look. Its cheaper there but it does not come with any strings. However the shop assistant can string the racket for you on the spot, abt 30mins to 1hr.

In the end, I did not get as my fren stopped playing badminton and went into hiking + climbing. We used to play with a group at Civil Service Club every Sat afternoon. My fren and I are medicore players only.

I find it more difficult to book badminton courts in the CC, lots of advance booking by those regular groups. The badminton court at my HDB garden is dominated by the sepak takraw players. So in the end, me also gave up badminton, go jogging easier. Used to play at least 3 times a week for two hours during my SAF days. So much sports time given. [laugh]

My JB friends have been asking me to play with them [laugh]. So I can always drive in for an evening game then either drive home at night or find a place to sleep and wake up the next day morning [cool].

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

My JB friends have been asking me to play with them [laugh]. So I can always drive in for an evening game then either drive home at night or find a place to sleep and wake up the next day morning [cool].

Regards,

The malaysians I had met, all played good badminton and soccer. [sweatdrop] They grew up playing these two games and we are always at their mercy. I grew up playing soccer, so still can take them on. But badminton, I took up only in my 20's, so always lose lor. :D

Yonex is now too fanciful imo. Can be really [dizzy]

Li Ning is definitely out of the question. Expensive!

How about taking a look at Head rackets? Presently i'm using one and i think it's not bad. Price is also very very reasonable.

Otherwise like some bros mention, Proace is good too. But i notice not much place selling except queensway.

But ultimately depending on your style of play, attacking or non-attacking style cause different rackets are suited for different play.

Yonex is now too fanciful imo. Can be really [dizzy]

Li Ning is definitely out of the question. Expensive!

How about taking a look at Head rackets? Presently i'm using one and i think it's not bad. Price is also very very reasonable.

Otherwise like some bros mention, Proace is good too. But i notice not much place selling except queensway.

But ultimately depending on your style of play, attacking or non-attacking style cause different rackets are suited for different play.

I'm not tall and not good at long range. I prefer quick and net edge attack, which I'm better at [;)] . Now, there are a few brands beside the common Yonex:

a) Carlton

b) Head

c) Prince

d) Proace

e) Wilson

to be considered.....

Regards,

I guess many are still brand conscious. Paying more for the better brands like Yonex etc.

If you looked around the badminton courts in SG, you'll notice this trend. MOST (not all) of the players using high end rackets can't really play while those who can really play may be using only not-so-ex rackets like Yonex MP or replicas from other brands. Maybe using YONEX Nanospeed or Arcsabre will add HP or MP which I don't know.

IMO, at our level of play (i supposed no one is playing at national level), choosing a racket that you feel comfortable playing with is more important than choosing rackets from a certain brand only. No point paying premium price for something which doesn't help much in your game play. Some of the lesser names like Apacs, ProAce, Fleet produce good rackets and sometimes value for money YONEX-like rackets. Spend the money on better shuttles instead as they affect the game more.

Badminton is still about footwork and skills.

Just some humble opinions from someone who has been playing for 16 years.

I'm not tall and not good at long range. I prefer quick and net edge attack, which I'm better at [;)] . Now, there are a few brands beside the common Yonex:

a) Carlton

b) Head

c) Prince

d) Proace

e) Wilson

to be considered.....

Regards,

dunlop also got rackets one :D

Hi all,

Thank you very much for the recommendation.

I suppose Yonex is still in the mainstream league after all these years [thumbsup].

Yonex is just too common leh, wanted to try some underdog brands. Pro-Ace is one of those. What about brands like Prince? I used to owned one ages ago.

Regards,

Do they still sell the Aeroplane Brand Rackets? [:/]

ProAce at Queensway is too ex!

SG selling S$120, MY selling RM$120. [laugh]

Hahaha...the money all go into feeding the white [laugh]. Just kidding.

Regards,

dunlop also got rackets one :D

wow... :wacko: now so many brands to consider other than Yonex:

a) Apacs

b) Carlton

c) Dunlop

d) Fleet

d) Head

e) Prince

f) Proace

g) Wilson

Regards,

I guess many are still brand conscious. Paying more for the better brands like Yonex etc.

If you looked around the badminton courts in SG, you'll notice this trend. MOST (not all) of the players using high end rackets can't really play while those who can really play may be using only not-so-ex rackets like Yonex MP or replicas from other brands. Maybe using YONEX Nanospeed or Arcsabre will add HP or MP which I don't know.

IMO, at our level of play (i supposed no one is playing at national level), choosing a racket that you feel comfortable playing with is more important than choosing rackets from a certain brand only. No point paying premium price for something which doesn't help much in your game play. Some of the lesser names like Apacs, ProAce, Fleet produce good rackets and sometimes value for money YONEX-like rackets. Spend the money on better shuttles instead as they affect the game more.

Badminton is still about footwork and skills.

Just some humble opinions from someone who has been playing for 16 years.

Good opinion. Drop and dumb the Yonex brand aside and go for other brand [laugh] .

Regards,

Go and try out the rackets.

Actually a lot of factors affect the "feel" too.

Like the string type, thickness, tension and grip type, thickness etc. :o

So try out is better. Otherwise, buy already still must sell/trade with others. :wacko:

Just to add, i'm not saying YONEX is no good. Yonex has good rackets.

Just don't be to opinionated and die die must buy Yonex rackets. Look at other brands too.

Enjoy your games!

Edited by Sg2303

Do they still sell the Aeroplane Brand Rackets? [:/]

the wooden frame type? power!!!

but the aeroplane shutterco*k expensive, duno wat feather they use [laugh] [laugh]

Go and try out the rackets.

Actually a lot of factors affect the "feel" too.

Like the string type, thickness, tension and grip type, thickness etc. :o

So try out is better. Otherwise, buy already still must sell/trade with others. :wacko:

Just to add, i'm not saying YONEX is no good. Yonex has good rackets.

Just don't be to opinionated and die die must buy Yonex rackets. Look at other brands too.

Enjoy your games!

Ya there's no need to go for Yonex. They have so many models lah.

In fact my kakis majority all using other brands and yes their rackets are good.

Recently just tried the RSL and realised it's not bad too.

Of course, it's not the racket. It's the tension (depending on your wrist strength) plays a part as well.