Recommendation for Badminton Racket

Kelpie

Turbocharged

For those looking for kakis to play badminton can find them here.

Badminton Central - Singapore Subforum

Enjoy your games!

haaa finding kakis to play is one thing.... trying to book a court is another..... guess because it is indoor sports, can play anytime..... more demand for it..... tennis on the other hand.... very hard to play under the hot sun... go swimming better.... :D

↡ Advertisement

i am using pro-ace too. used to play with yonex but pro-ace is cheaper. u can also set the string tension higher for pro-ace compared to yonex.

pro-ace is popular in malaysia so shd be cheaper there.

Brand Update other than Yonex:

1. Apacs

2. Carlton

3. Dunlop

4. Fleet

5. Gosen

6. Head

7. Prince

8. Proace

9. Wilson

Regards,

Neutral Newbie

try fleet...value for money.. unless you are really pro which need >27 lbf on the string else fleet will do the job. My fleet can stand on 25 lbf and only cause me RM 100 with grip and string...

Brand Update other than Yonex:

1. Apacs

2. Carlton

3. Dunlop

4. Fleet

5. Gosen

6. Head

7. Prince

8. Proace

9. Wilson

Regards,

There are many other brands, Li Ning and Victor are pretty popular in Singapore. You can also find Zelm (good stuff), Kason, Panda Power (good stuff), Fischer, Winnex, Finnex, Karakal, Pro-Kennex, Flypower, Flymax etc in Singapore. Brands not available easily here are Mizuno (really good), Kumpoo (sponsor of Thai team) and Gosen. This is by no means exhaustive list, there's alot of other brands.

My advice is that if you are on a budget, don't go for the low end Yonex, they really don't play very well compare to other brands in the same price range.

Victor is good. teoky uses superwaves and bs series. but its ex in sgp. chris really mark up the price alot.

Waaah, how come you know I use SW and BS ? So scary !!!

Are you a BCF member ?

My SW33P was purchased before Victor sponsored the Korean so the price is around S$130+. As it is not a popular model, I think you can still get it cheaper than the newer series which to me is abit overpriced.

For my BS10, I got it from Bangkok and it cost me S$130+ only. I believe Singapore is more than S$170+.

Edited by Teoky

There are many other brands, Li Ning and Victor are pretty popular in Singapore. You can also find Zelm (good stuff), Kason, Panda Power (good stuff), Fischer, Winnex, Finnex, Karakal, Pro-Kennex, Flypower, Flymax etc in Singapore. Brands not available easily here are Mizuno (really good), Kumpoo (sponsor of Thai team) and Gosen. This is by no means exhaustive list, there's alot of other brands.

My advice is that if you are on a budget, don't go for the low end Yonex, they really don't play very well compare to other brands in the same price range.

Ok, shall not look at brand now. What I've gathered from a friend is this:

1. Stiffer racket vs Flexible one.

My moment is swift but I old man so lack of power. I should go for stiffer racket (more power) or flexible one (better control)?

2. High Tension vs Low Tension.

I no power so I need to go with a low tension one. 23~24lb ok or not?

3. Sweet Spot

Round shape, oval shape, "squarish" one, which is better for me?

Many Thanks to Gurus out there.

Regards,

IMHO, playing style will determine the kind of racket required.

When you hold the racket and swing, you will basically feel that it is

a) heavier at the head end - better for smashing perhaps

b) balance - general play

c) heavier at the handle portion - accuracy and net play perhaps

For sweet spot, my take is that if the style is more on the power end, the sweet spot should be larger and rounder.

A long time ago, my experience is such that my racket wasn't suitable for my style, I kept hitting outside the

sweet spot causing vibration and misplaced shots.

Let me try to help.

1. get a medium flex racket. too stiff u will get shoulder pain after playing.

2. string get yonex bg66, 22 to 23lbs

3. isometric head is better, bigger playing area less chance to mishit.

get from jb honly, half price when u get apacs and proace. sgp is too expensive liao.

do note that if u intend to get yonnex, there are FAKE ones, esp the more expensive rackets. u can check badminton central on how to spot the fakes.

pro-ace is more durable. my last $300+ yonnex broke after 1 mth of purchase when i clashed it with my partner. heart pain. switched to pro-ace after that.

wow... :wacko: now so many brands to consider other than Yonex:

a) Apacs

b) Carlton

c) Dunlop

d) Fleet

d) Head

e) Prince

f) Proace

g) Wilson

Regards,

Ashaway is pretty good too

Neutral Newbie

Nowaday all the $30-50 range racket are already very good and light. Don't need to get those expensive racket

Nowaday all the $30-50 range racket are already very good and light. Don't need to get those expensive racket

I went to Queensway shopping centre today to have a feel of the local prices of Badminton Rackets. Wow...so many brands these days, and quite a number of China made rackets around. I still find Yonex and Carlton design more appealing after so many years. May be I'm old school lah [cool]. Wilson also not too bad.

It seems also that a decent one will probably cost around S$80, at least. This mean I have to pay around RM187 for one. I have made up my mind to get one in JB. Jusco Membership day is coming, which mean I will get my racket even cheaper [laugh].

Regards,

U hav to get frm racket shop. go to honly buy, taman sentosa. opp the ya wang shop.

rm180 can get u 2 rackets. apacs, proace. dont buy yonex in jb cos more ex.

↡ Advertisement