Recommendation for Badminton Racket

Kelpie

Maybe try Li Ning....

China Brand.

Located at ion orchard.....ard basement there.....

Do check out, its quite a good brand though.....

↡ Advertisement

From what i understand most yonex rkts are made in china. they then send back to japan for tagging. In the market some people are selling the untagged version for much less than the original price.

hmm... the high end ones not china... all japan

Neutral Newbie

Ok, for Yonex, I was aiming for entry level Nanospeed 4500, 500 or 300. Alternatively, Aromtec 70 Mega G2.

Too bad, many brands displayed in Jusco but only found Carbonex 7000DF, which is one of my choices. In the end after comparing 7000DF and Star 1, I ended up with the entry level Carbonex Star 1 at about S$33. This is far from my original budget of S$80 [laugh] .

Should be good enough for a casual player like me.

Thank you all.

Regards,

If you are looking for Yonex lower end racket that suits ur style of play...

recommend you go for the Nanospeed series...

even balanced and faster swinging speed compare to the Armortec series....

stiffer shaft givs u more powerful shots but requires higher strength...

heavier head provides u harder smashes and betta back court clearance, but givs a bit disadvantage during fast xchange...

lower end Nanospeeds you hv NS80, 100, 200, 300, 500, 800, 850....

the latest one is NS850...

what i recommend here is to go for the NS500, 800 or 850...

for other series... u might wanna get Carbonex 21 Special... it has very good reviews from both forumers and players ard me...

besides Yonex, if you are looking for good rackets in the range of RM100+,

can try Apacs, Fleet or ProAce... they do hv quite decent low end rackets as well... apart of those clones la... [:p]

the best way to determine which racket is suitable to u is to go down to the shop and hv a swing on it...

for the tension of ur string... you might wanna consider between 22~24lbs... anything above 24 might be tough for your case...

Hi all, if you are staying in the west side of Singapore and play reasonably well in badminton, do drop me a msg as I have regular session on every Saturday evening. Welcome all Mitsubishi Lancer user as well. :D

Try Queensway shopping, some decent Yonex about $60-$70 good enough liao, if not Victor also quite good, nothing about $80 unless you want to play professional..... its the skill that matter, not the racket :D :D

anyone has decent shops at queensway to recommend? too many shops.... scared kenah carrot head or fake rackets

Supercharged

anyone has decent shops at queensway to recommend? too many shops.... scared kenah carrot head or fake rackets

scared then go to the distributor lor

Isn't that good to have many shops, so you can compare price??..... If only one shop sure kena carrot head [laugh] [laugh]

Isn't that good to have many shops, so you can compare price??..... If only one shop sure kena carrot head [laugh] [laugh]

bo eng to compare one by one leh.. if someone here got good recommendation, will zoom right in .

Neutral Newbie

It's not so much the racket, but more of the skills of the individual holding the racket. But if you are looking for a relatively good racket for a competitive price, drop me a pm or email. =)

It's not so much the racket, but more of the skills of the individual holding the racket. But if you are looking for a relatively good racket for a competitive price, drop me a pm or email. =)

Hello, apple to apple comaprison, you sure statement is correct? Why pro don't use the sponsor brand lowest grade racket leh? I would say, given the same budget, most brands are the same, just personal preference.

It is ery competitive, so difference marginal. You may get better string and other goodies if you bargain. For yonex, online is cheaper from my experience. Most important is, don't get a fake.

Hello, apple to apple comaprison, you sure statement is correct? Why pro don't use the sponsor brand lowest grade racket leh? I would say, given the same budget, most brands are the same, just personal preference.

Pro can't use the lowest grade racket.  Confirm break after a few smash.

Unlike mortal being.

I am just trying to explain most brands have the normal to high end rackets.given today technology, the difference is not that big. As a pro, you just need to adjust but you do see them select the preferred racket among the same brand and model too.

Quite obvious, if they use an average model, they will be disavantage against another player of the sa.e skill with a better racket.

I am just trying to explain most brands have the normal to high end rackets.given today technology, the difference is not that big. As a pro, you just need to adjust but you do see them select the preferred racket among the same brand and model too.

Quite obvious, if they use an average model, they will be disavantage against another player of the sa.e skill with a better racket.

The difference is big.

The Yonex racket used by Lin Dan can use higher strength string as well as string at higher strength.

Get Lin Dan low end Yonex racket and i can assure you that he will broke the shaft after 10 smashes.

On the other hand, it will make difference to us mere mortal as we can't smash like Lin Dan