• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
89 replies to this topic | 16 praises

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:52 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

HI Fellas,

Considering this for my wife to ferry the kids and general family use.

Is it a friendly car to drive?

What options are there?

how is the turn radius and pick up ?

how about general ergonomics?

any special things to look out for?

Thank you

Targetting to truly retire by 2028
Give away my CPF
Travel the world and smoke those Cubans!

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:21 PM

Hondauto
  • Hondauto
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I would got this car last year but is not worth it - low coe and omv (low paper value but selling at high price) unless you intend to drive 10 years.
Very nice car to drive around.

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:07 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I would got this car last year but is not worth it - low coe and omv (low paper value but selling at high price) unless you intend to drive 10 years.
Very nice car to drive around.

i see, so what is the average depre for this now? realistically?

Give away my CPF

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:23 PM

CH_CO
  • CH_CO
    6th Gear
    Author Image

This one not bad , but abit cramp if u wanna squeeze more people.

Can consider forester , slightly more spacious.

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:28 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Basically need to sit only 2 adults and 2 kids. maybe very occasionally 4 adults and 2 kids

I understand crossroad can do 5 + 2 passengers ?

not keen on subaru

Give away my CPF

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:48 PM

Ladykillerz
  • Premium member
    Ladykillerz
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Take a look -> Link

Reviews -> Link

Overall seemed to be a decent car and with 2 positive reviews.
With 12km/l for such big looking car, I think it's worth buying but maybe not now. =P

Ladykillerz
The Sky's The Limit! [angel]

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:02 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Take a look -> Link

Reviews -> Link

Overall seemed to be a decent car and with 2 positive reviews.
With 12km/l for such big looking car, I think it's worth buying but maybe not now. =P

yes, wont buy now becos still no need.
just planning ahead becos i think wife will quit her job and become soccer mum in due course.

Crossroad is quite a small car in actual fact. but due to design it looks big.
I think she should be able to handle.

Give away my CPF

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:46 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

yes, wont buy now becos still no need.
just planning ahead becos i think wife will quit her job and become soccer mum in due course.

Crossroad is quite a small car in actual fact. but due to design it looks big.
I think she should be able to handle.

Throttle.... just get the porsche cayenne or volvo xc90 la

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:18 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Throttle.... just get the porsche cayenne or volvo xc90 la

What for?

This car for my wife to drive only.
It will be highly under-used to begin with.
Cannot spend money like that.
I'm not silver spoon, you know

Give away my CPF

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:47 PM

Ladykillerz
  • Premium member
    Ladykillerz
    Supercharged
    Author Image

maybe you want to choose something smaller than a Crossroad for your wife.
you know.. lady drivers. =P
Ladykillerz
The Sky's The Limit! [angel]

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:58 PM

CH_CO
  • CH_CO
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Fit ? Or Freed? Since you won't be driving , get a fun car mah , Crossroad , is like not here not there. But if your family is small it is ok.

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:05 AM

Ben5266
  • Premium member
    Ben5266
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

For whatever reason that I don't know, women like it. The matured women.
Perhaps they think CRV or Rav4 is too big to handle.
This is smaller in size but tall enough for a commanding view.
Champion of the Champions 2016 & 2017!

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:52 AM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

maybe you want to choose something smaller than a Crossroad for your wife.
you know.. lady drivers. =P

My current car and previous car is no smaller than a Crossroad if you measure bumper to bumper so i think she should be able to handle ok lah.

Give away my CPF

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:56 AM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Fit ? Or Freed? Since you won't be driving , get a fun car mah , Crossroad , is like not here not there. But if your family is small it is ok.

I was thinking that i'll look silly in a Fit/Jazz as i'm not slim nor petite.

So the car that i buy must at least not make me look silly should i end up driving it.

looked at so many and zoom in on Crossroad. not too big, not to small.

or maybe even an E200?

Give away my CPF

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:57 AM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

For whatever reason that I don't know, women like it. The matured women.
Perhaps they think CRV or Rav4 is too big to handle.
This is smaller in size but tall enough for a commanding view.

really? didnt know that.
I like it too

Edited by Throttle2, 17 April 2010 - 01:58 AM.

Give away my CPF

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:41 AM

Extramint
  • Extramint
    4th Gear
    Author Image

hi. i'll give my opinion on this ride, hope you don't mind.

i sat in one before, cannot complain much about interior comfort and ride quality, very decent and average at the same time.

exterior, its not my cup of tea. if you look around, most crossroads on our roads have some exterior modifications. i have seen very extreme one as well as very stock ones, but they tend to give me a feeling that they are trying to resemble something else. i dont know their true agenda behind those mods, but i know alot of people (not friends, just acquaintances) who would laugh at crossroads with mods. so, i feel that this car, with its looks and size and resemblance to another car, has given it bad reputation and put it under a bad light.

i doubt you or your wife will give it complete black matt finish and 20" bling bling rims.. but even so you'll probably get stares while driving.

its not my cup of tea for design because, its too boxy and i think the height should be increased to compliment the boxy design.

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:51 AM

Aeromania
  • Aeromania
    5th Gear
    Author Image

IMO, looking at one on the road feels good, looks like a hummer and 1000 times more economical than a hummer. But sitting in one I feel that it is very plain and simple, will get tired of it very soon.

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:24 AM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

HI Fellas,

What options are there?

Thank you

hi throttle, i'm driving one.

yes, quite driver friendly. it looks big externally but its not.

there's only 1.8L, LX and HID edition now, if u want brand new. not sure if PIs still bring in 2.0 on indent.

turn radius is normal honda pattern, i feel its wider than my ex CS3 lancer. Pickup, ok only. its to be expected as its an SUV.

general ergonomics is fine. the dashboard is simple and functional. typical boring honda interior but works fine for me. no leather wrapped steering wheel though. no steering controls too.

on the whole, its a spacious car if you don't use the 3rd row seats. i have my 3rd row folded most of the time for boot space. and i push my 2nd row bench all the way back. with the rear flat floor, it seats 3 adults comfortably.

a crossroad, contrary to some thinking, is fun to me. looks unique (nevermind it resembles the H3), not as rare on the roads, handles OK. a Jazz/Fit looks cartoonish and too kuniang for me. Freed is hugely practical and i like it too, just that i feel its not worth the price.

my car is stock except for upsized rims, although i'd love to pimp it up.

FC averages about 10km/l (50/50 HW/city, jams most of the time). I'm quite heavy footed at times.

overall, i think i can drive this car for 5 years (i normally change car in 3 years or less).

there's alot on sale at SGCarmart, do a test drive if you'd like.
--------------------------------------------
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:07 AM

Baddata
  • Baddata
    1st Gear
    Author Image

HI Fellas,
What options are there?
Thank you

I drive one,

Design - Due to its boxy shape, you'll love it or hate it. One unique thing about xroad, you can mod it to have urban look or off road look. I have not seen any xroad that look like another car though. Maybe some resemblance to the H3.

Pickup - I guess this is a major concern when one is buying xroad. I often got this question when someone on the street wanted to know more abt xroad. Yes, it look big and heavy and as if it was carved from a metal block, but its kerb weight is only 40kg more than stream stock vs stock. Both xroad and stream are on r18 engine with similar bhp and torque. Better still, get the 2ltr. If you are an off road enthusiast, get the 4wd.

Fuel Consumption - I'm light footed, when stock I often got 12 - 13 km/l (70/30 Highway/City). After some mod (raised suspension and oversize tyres) it lingers around 11km/l.

Road Handling - Overall i feel, its a fun car to drive with precise steering response, steering is soft at low speed and stiffen at high speed. Best, try go for a test drive.

Stability - The driving position is higher than normal sedan, higher cg, so expect more body roll during corners and bends, common for any SUV. Stable at high speed.

Room space - It can sit 5 adults and 2 kids comfortably, but then, you can forget about bootspace. However the last row can be folded down when you need it. The second row seats can be adjusted for more legroom.

Overall i'm very satisfied with the ride, will try to keep it as long as possible.

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:41 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

hi. i'll give my opinion on this ride, hope you don't mind.

i sat in one before, cannot complain much about interior comfort and ride quality, very decent and average at the same time.

exterior, its not my cup of tea. if you look around, most crossroads on our roads have some exterior modifications. i have seen very extreme one as well as very stock ones, but they tend to give me a feeling that they are trying to resemble something else. i dont know their true agenda behind those mods, but i know alot of people (not friends, just acquaintances) who would laugh at crossroads with mods. so, i feel that this car, with its looks and size and resemblance to another car, has given it bad reputation and put it under a bad light.

i doubt you or your wife will give it complete black matt finish and 20" bling bling rims.. but even so you'll probably get stares while driving.

its not my cup of tea for design because, its too boxy and i think the height should be increased to compliment the boxy design.

Thanks XMint, i will keep it stock as usual. at most add 19" ...
It's goona be a bump around rough use car anyway, so wont be totally bothered.

I do like the boxed look...
Give away my CPF

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users