Car ownership transfer

Kensue

Is it? Either way, its extortion in my opinion in part of LTA when its the same procedure for any car, why tag it to ARF?

LTA sure knows a thing or 2 to suck money out of motorists. :angry:

is like that de....... it has been so long... there has been good and bad that comes out of it...

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

hi guys, know this thread has been up for awhile, but i am interested in this topic and i can't post one yet so i gotta ask here...

husband is going somewhere overseas for sometime and for the time being my sibling is sort of renting the vehicle. I intend to sell off sometime end of next yr, when i am able to pay off the car loan. should i transfer the ownership to my name? coz it will be easier for me to pay the loan currently and also to sell in future, coz owner will not be flying back often.

or any pte car dealer to recommend for hassle free trsf?

ur opinions will be greatly appreciated in solving my problem

• Praise 1

hi guys, know this thread has been up for awhile, but i am interested in this topic and i can't post one yet so i gotta ask here...

husband is going somewhere overseas for sometime and for the time being my sibling is sort of renting the vehicle. I intend to sell off sometime end of next yr, when i am able to pay off the car loan. should i transfer the ownership to my name? coz it will be easier for me to pay the loan currently and also to sell in future, coz owner will not be flying back often.

or any pte car dealer to recommend for hassle free trsf?

ur opinions will be greatly appreciated in solving my problem

I am gonna give you facts and not opinions.

1. Yes it will certainly be easier for you to administer the selling of the car if it is fully paid and in your name compared to your other situation as mentioned.

2. You will incur a transfer fee when you transfer ownership from husband to you. could be significant depending on value/age of car.

3. the car will on paper have 1 more owner with the said transfer and like it or not, it affects resale value negatively.

4. many car dealers can do transfer hassle free but not free. it takes 5 mins to do it yourself.

hope i answered your questions

Good luck

guys, I recall I came across some articles few mths back about transfer of ownership online. Can this be done?

Cos I'll be overseas when I want to sell. Wondering if its possible to sell the car when I'm not in SG. Car also have outstanding loan. any advice?

• Praise 1

Supersonic

You can do transfer of ownership yourself at LTA de, very easy procedure esp when there is no outstanding loan on the car. The transferring is immediate over the counter.

You can do transfer of ownership yourself at LTA de, very easy procedure esp when there is no outstanding loan on the car. The transferring is immediate over the counter.

alamak bro. I alredy said I'll be overseas and got outstanding loan

Only announced recently to start in July 2018.... no one will be able to tell you for sure how it works...your best bet will be to call up LTA

Turbocharged

Even if done online in the future i believe LTA only allow transfer with no outstanding loan and with necessary insurance coverage
  • Praise 1

guys, I recall I came across some articles few mths back about transfer of ownership online. Can this be done?

Cos I'll be overseas when I want to sell. Wondering if its possible to sell the car when I'm not in SG. Car also have outstanding loan. any advice?

u can get somebody to do the transfer for you with authorization letter signed by you. The person needs to bring your NRIC down to LTA to do transfer as well. Make sure there are not outstanding if not you are not able to do the transfer at all. 

• Praise 1

u can get somebody to do the transfer for you with authorization letter signed by you. The person needs to bring your NRIC down to LTA to do transfer as well. Make sure there are not outstanding if not you are not able to do the transfer at all. 

This is confirmed. Get your friend to help you. Just remember to download and sign the Application Form for Transfer of Vehicle from Onemotoring and prepare an Authorised Letter for your friend to help you do the transfer. Your original NRIC is required. If unable to produce original NRIC, Power of Attorney has to be prepared from owner. All these information can get from Onemotoring also. Link -> https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/home/selling-deregistering/transfer-ownership.html

• Praise 1

Need to key buyer particulars which is troublesome and privacy not protected. So even if u find a buyer, I think still will impose some inconvenience. Wat is after paid seller dun activate sale??? If I not wrong, they dun entertain at LTA headquarters anymore...

No more at LTA, even u find buyer yourself, u go down they dun entertain anymore. Do yourself online.....and all the transfer fees etc also dunno how,!!muahaha

All this scholars eat full nothing better to do implement all this nonsense.

So if buyer pass cashier order, seller and buyer need to sit together in front of computer to do the transfer straight away. Unlike pin system last time.
↡ Advertisement