TYRE VALVES- metal or rubber better?

Panhard

You reused the rubber valves? Usually they come free of charge when you change the tyres......I would imagine these valves to cost less than $1 to these tyre shops. But maybe like other bros here mentioning there might be different quality ones. So ... how do we tell if these rubber valves are $1 ones or $10 ones? I can't..... :wacko:

Precisely! I've changed so many tires and the price they quote includes replacement of the valves.

This bugger wanted to charge me extra.

I'm not sure how to tell the difference but the normal metal ones work fine for me. As long as got change can liao dont bother. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Mr Seanboi , the shop never carrot you, he wasjust trying to charge you (he has the right to charge anyway) for the valve, you too have the right to remain the old valve,( now your persoanl exp shown you did the right move not to pay for new valve ) but is quite standards practice for MOST shop will replace new rubber valve.

it alll come to cost to estblishment .

how much the cost of the valve i do not know , may be next time you can source your own valve and bring along to change new tyre :D

ever heard people brought his own EGG to prata hawker and tell him to add in so that he can pay just for the Plain prata (cheaper ?)

but the store Indian told him total cost same as Egg prata because of Labour no the cost of the Egg

He wanted to charge me additional $10-$20 for the valves! So I decided not to replace.

Yup. That was wad I was thinking. A new metal valve only cost $1 each.

Edited by Seanboi

Precisely! I've changed so many tires and the price they quote includes replacement of the valves.

I'm not sure how to tell the difference but the normal metal ones work fine for me. As long as got change can liao dont bother. [laugh]

BUT YOU CAN not take thing for granted.

each of every shop have diff the package.

maybe next time you ask the shop why you dont charge me valve money.

remember last time the shop he told me they NO charge me becuase they want to force me to change new valve.

if they charge me they are giving me option to change or keep the old one,but their idea is is a MUST to change when ever we change new tyre change new valve too.

So you were LUcky your old never fail on second set of tyre.

if your old valve on new tyre fail within short period of time you were regret and say i should have pay and change to new valve.

Just like you see Medical Doctor change new rubbber glove when see new patient, if a Doctor ask you DO you want me to use new glove or use old one so that he can help you SAVE money :D

BUT YOU CAN not take thing for granted.

each of every shop have diff the package.

maybe next time you ask the shop why you dont charge me valve money.

remember last time the shop he told me they NO charge me becuase they want to force me to change new valve.

if they charge me they are giving me option to change or keep the old one,but their idea is is a MUST to change when ever we change new tyre change new valve too.

So you were LUcky your old never fail on second set of tyre.

if your old valve on new tyre fail within short period of time you were regret and say i should have pay and change to new valve.

Just like you see Medical Doctor change new rubbber glove when see new patient, if a Doctor ask you DO you want me to use new glove or use old one so that he can help you SAVE money :D

Mr Seanboi , the shop never carrot you, he wasjust trying to charge you (he has the right to charge anyway) for the valve, you too have the right to remain the old valve,( now your persoanl exp shown you did the right move not to pay for new valve ) but is quite standards practice for MOST shop will replace new rubber valve.

it alll come to cost to estblishment .

how much the cost of the valve i do not know , may be next time you can source your own valve and bring along to change new tyre :D

ever heard people brought his own EGG to prata hawker and tell him to add in so that he can pay just for the Plain prata (cheaper ?)

but the store Indian told him total cost same as Egg prata because of Labour no the cost of the Egg

ok Robert, this egg prata example can only be selectively used in certain circumstances. My w/shop only charges me labour when i bring my oil to change.

once, my tyre flat after work in company carpark. Morning drive to work no symptom. Evening, totally flat. Later at wotkshop, discover is the valve leak.

Cheap and easy way to replace tubless valve

wow!! I must say Wow!! I thought only tyre worm plugs can DIY. Do we have these tools in sg?

Also, this method seems so much easier than the usual method where they pry the tyre a little. But I haven't seen any tyre shops doing this method?? Is this only possible for certain rims?

i doubt any one will want to do that dirty job just for the sick of saving money

by looking at the video ,i think this is the lazy way of replacing the valve, the snap on rubber valve is designed in such a way to pull from inside out.

anyway the isuue here is btw metal and rubber valve.

My perosnal opinion generally speaking Rubber is the best (so long you make sure the shop replace them every time you replace the tyre)

Metal valve if come complete with your rim you wont go wrong.

Any after market metal valve just ask for the shop opinion and ask the WHY? (a good shop will able to explain to you WHY and reason)

If you insist your own decision , Be responsible of yourself , because who please you just follow your instruction [rifle]

Many brilliant ideas and innovative tools comes from lazy people or to be more precise people who work smart :D If people who work very hard are the best than people who work whole day in the fields such as those in Africa,India and many more third world countries by right they should make be cash rich. [:)]

Many brilliant ideas and innovative tools comes from lazy people or to be more precise people who work smart :D If people who work very hard are the best than people who work whole day in the fields such as those in Africa,India and many more third world countries by right they should make be cash rich. [:)]

i do fully agreed what is Work Smart / Work Hard

My definition of lazy way is people taking short cut or carry out improper way to do some job.

Should i see this Shop changing the valve in this manner i will tell him please dont be lazy which could demage the valve before it starts working.

I don't think this method is improper. I can imagine the rubber getting squeezed for a split second and pops thru to the back. I think it's very innovative. I noticed he applied some grease or lub so it doesn't tear the rubber.

Yes the tubless valve stem, with grease apply on the "bald head" can easily slip into the rim valve stem opening without much effort require. If you have ever work on tyres, you will know it's very easy to pop in the valve stem to the rim with a tyre valve inserting tool.

post-272-1348628280_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement