Private Property: Good time now to buy or sell?

Kelfinity

Neutral Newbie

So you're an agent?

He is his own agent. No wonder u dun know him can see that you are new here. [laugh] [laugh]

Hmm... agents are not too far off from table wipers. No skills and qualification required. No work no pay.

Maybe you should consider a career switch.

thanks for the tip !

will consider

thanks for the tip !

will consider

You are welcome. Now maybe you care to explain why you really didn't get the deal since you've offered

$30k more than the final transacted price?

You are welcome. Now maybe you care to explain why you really didn't get the deal since you've offered

$30k more than the final transacted price?

I thought I was clear enough?

I offered through my agent which means seller agent mustaccepting my offer means she will have to co-broke and share comms

Received answer that offer rejected.

Oh well, it could be the other way, becos my agent was selling another one and didnt want me to buy the other one.

Either ways = no integrity rogue agent

are you an agent?

I offered through my agent which means seller agent mustaccepting my offer means she will have to co-broke and share comms

Oh well, it could be the other way, becos my agent was selling another one and didnt want me to buy the other one.

are you an agent?

Nah, just curious earlier but since you bring in your agent to the picture I kind of get it now. [laugh]

Turbocharged

are you an agent?

I heard of this case from my agent friend before.

This Agent bring a buyer. But the seller agent keep making things difficult for the buying agent, scold him lah, threaten him lah and many other things. Then later when buyer offer high price, the agent tell the buyer:" i took to the neighbour the other day, that house haunted."

[laugh]

I heard of this case from my agent friend before.

This Agent bring a buyer. But the seller agent keep making things difficult for the buying agent, scold him lah, threaten him lah and many other things. Then later when buyer offer high price, the agent tell the buyer:" i took to the neighbour the other day, that house haunted."

[laugh]

Ah, I've heard of such cases from my own agent as well.

He went in there, going to make a good offer, but the seller agent actually physically restrained him from meeting the buyer because the seller agent managed to get a buyer of his own (therefore no co-broking) that's offering a lower price.

Turbocharged

Ah, I've heard of such cases from my own agent as well.

He went in there, going to make a good offer, but the seller agent actually physically restrained him from meeting the buyer because the seller agent managed to get a buyer of his own (therefore no co-broking) that's offering a lower price.

look like i quite forturnate. 2 of the agent friend of mine are good agent, they will rather take a lower com by co-broke and give the owner higher price rather than taking a higher com and give the owner low price.

all you need is one rogue agent to do that to disrupt your plan totally liao.

Anyway as for experienced agents, they will likely had gone for higher yield area if your area need to rely on 3~4 agent to market your house.

Also for your japanese tenant, you are talking about rent here which is 2 different ball game.

Typically, if you dont close a rent deal in less than 2 weeks, your client will disappear, this is unlike buying a property as what the person buying is totally unique. for ppl getting a rented house, they are not that particular about a lot of stuff.

I have been advertising in papers for many years and opening my commission to all agents. Best man wins and takes the standard comm. Yes there are agents who will try to be funny. But no one got the better of me as my homework is all done before I put up the ad. Most of the time the property is rented out before the average period required. Some agents who call a few days later are surprised that the property can be rented out so fast. All because of my strategy of letting the maximum no of agents fight it out for the comm. IT ALWAYS WORKS.

You must be one of those agents who go around propagating exclusive deals.

Turbocharged
(edited)

I have been advertising in papers for many years and opening my commission to all agents. Best man wins and takes the standard comm. Yes there are agents who will try to be funny. But no one got the better of me as my homework is all done before I put up the ad. Most of the time the property is rented out before the average period required. Some agents who call a few days later are surprised that the property can be rented out so fast. All because of my strategy of letting the maximum no of agents fight it out for the comm. IT ALWAYS WORKS.

You must be one of those agents who go around propagating exclusive deals.

I see, you mean self advertising. This is different. Initially i though you get 3 agent to advertise and sell your house. [laugh]

but then Rental and selling is still 2 different story lah.

forget to add. i am not a Agent.

Edited by Joseph22

Supersonic

yup. works for me too.

tried using an agent b4. claimed they had access to expat leads, etc and can secure quick deal. kns, took >1mth and neber see ad and always get the same c--k & bull excuses why unit cannot get tenant. finally told him to F-off and i placed an ad myself and rented it out within 3 days at a higher price than what was hoped. of course, the most agressive tenant agent got my full comm$ instead having to share wif another.

Whats your feel? With private property/HDB prices going up, up and away, do you think now is the right time to sell? Or is there more leeway for price surge?

For discussion [:p]

I posed this question earlier this year. Compaing prices then and now, prices have easily gone up another 10 to 15%. It just amazes me that mass market condos 3 bedder units are now all selling at easily $1.2m onwards. Even 2 bedders are hitting $1m. Will this ever stop? Who is snapping up all the units and pushing prices higher? Can't be average couple/family on the streets right?

Say $1.2m, after 20% down at $960K, monthly loan instalment based on 1.5% interest is $3K onwards. Once interest increases to 4%, monthly would be like $4K onwards. What is the profile of these buyers? Richie rich from other countries?

Would there be another round of cooling measures to deliver the local idiots from doom?

Just to illustrate:

The Parc - 3 bedder (1216sqf) = $1.28m ($1050 psf)

Kovan Residences 3 bedder (1259sqf) = $1.26m ($1000 psf)

Of course, cheaper condos are still available in ulu areas like woodlands and CCK. That said, I heard that the new condos pending launch in woodlands and lakeside are going to cost $1000psf onwards.

Siao? :wacko:

Edited by Kelfinity

Noone interested in properties anymore? [laugh]

Interested. But not wif the high prices.

And it dun seem to be falling much, if at all. Some asking prices even went up!

Interested. But not wif the high prices.

And it dun seem to be falling much, if at all. Some asking prices even went up!

sellers not blinking [;)]

↡ Advertisement