• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
165 replies to this topic | 10 praises

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:58 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

A bicycle will trump these 3 cars easily on FC.

+ Bicycle can use bus lane + Bicycle no need ERP & Parking

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:00 PM

Viceroymenthol
  • Viceroymenthol
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Because he is a seafood trader. It is used to show that he has make it there. Therefore, he is concerned about fuel consumption.

huh? do u mean that he has no choice but to show he has made it in life, that's why he buys a big car, but actually he has not really made it and cannot afford the petrol prices?

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:03 PM

Viceroymenthol
  • Viceroymenthol
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I can understand your friend... It must be a nightmare to pay for the property loans......

Good luck to him... When property bubble burst he don't go jump MRT track or jump marina bay sands can already......lol.....

a person's networth = assets - liabilities

i think even if property crashes and he cashes out everything, still got a few million to live on. this kind of people won't die one.

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:05 PM

Tedlhw
  • Premium member
    Tedlhw
    6th Gear
    Author Image

My point is there is no point to ask about FC when 1 consider to buy 2L vehicle. Wif 4 pot, there is not much difference (mayb 1L). The only diff is btw 4pot & 6pot for the same displacement. On the other hand, FC also affected by so many variable. It is pointless to compare.

On the other hand, "hasty generalization" is normal human behaviour. Why? It is normal for every1 to assume that if 1 going to buy >100k vehicle, FC is not a major criteria. That's why the comment about "someone who asked about FC is labelled as cannot afford the car...". Instead, it could be comfort, driving dynamic & etc. IMHO, if really care about FC, any car less 1L has very good FC.

I see where you are coming from.
Let's just agree to disagree on this.

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:30 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

huh? do u mean that he has no choice but to show he has made it in life, that's why he buys a big car, but actually he has not really made it and cannot afford the petrol prices?

He shows that he has made it in life. However, being not used to driving big car (mayb he used to drive lorry), still concern about FC.

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:02 PM

Busker888
  • Premium member
    Busker888
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Honestly, why would any1 care about FC when u r getting a premium vehicle?

In addition, E200CGI & BMW 320/Audi A4 is like comparing orange to apple.

I wass abt to ask the same...but in anycase it's always the foot...even a Toyota can have High FC

Edited by Busker888, 10 May 2010 - 09:06 PM.

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:49 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I wass abt to ask the same...but in anycase it's always the foot...even a Toyota can have High FC

It is more than foot. It is an understanding of ur ride. I drive my car harder & faster than my wife. When i drive, FC is better than my wife driving.

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:14 AM

Audiblognet
  • Audiblognet
    Clutched
    Author Image

A4 Commonrail TDI has the smallest fuel consumption

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:01 PM

Killque
  • Killque
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

The number of points accumulated from users who Praise or Disliked your posts.

Hi Bro,

Sorry to bring up this old thread.

Recently planning to upgrade to either one of those car.

(choices were : Merc c180k BE or Non BE, C200k BE or NON BE, BMW 318 or 320,Audi A4 and Lexus IS250.

Pricing wise they're rather neck to neck in term of performance to dollar. Im hoping if current owner of each class of veh can share their average FC here.
(yes yes, i understand some bro here are kinda skeptical about helping bros asking for FC on premium brand car.

well, my job requires me to travel a fair bit, so beside luxury comfort. fuel efficiency is also very important to me. no doubt the differences in overhead for extra petrol consumption is minimally small.
I felt its rather comforting to know that at least its burnin' a tiny weey bit lesser. moreover a penny saved is a penny earn

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:19 PM

Cerano
  • Premium member
    Cerano
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

evening bro welcome to the forum!

For my C200k, it is around 9-10 km/L

i always keep it in sports mode though so i guess maybe slightly better if you leave it in comfort.

Feel free to pm me if you need to know more about the car (:

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:34 PM

Soonmunn
  • Soonmunn
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Sorry but these premium makes r not the usual bread n butter cars even though the models u listed are entry level. They r built for the drive itself as a focus and not so much for the practical purpose of getting from A to B in the cheapest possible manner.

Maybe you wana try Toyota Lexus IS250 which should have better FC....

I am currently considering b/w these 3 models-> BMW 320i, E200CGI or an audi A4.

Does anyone know which brand gives the best fuel consumption?? For servicing, i know all will be expensive.. but is there a difference in cost b/w these 3?? (Generally, which will be more expensive in servicing?)

Thanks

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:36 PM

Zerino
  • Premium member
    Zerino
    Clutched
    Author Image

buying a luxury car and trying to save fuel is like buying the istana and deciding to sleep in the kitchen. All because you do not want to mess up the bedroom.

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:18 PM

I_RIDE_DEEP
  • Premium member
    I_RIDE_DEEP
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I think its kinda strange that everyone seems to criticising the TS for asking about fuel consumption?

You mean can afford the car means happy to pay more in fuel?

I have seen people worth more than S$10 million, argue about less than $15 in interest calculations.

I second your point of view. For me, I still go NTUC (if possible) because it feels good to save a few dollars here and there. Thats just me....

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:30 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I second your point of view. For me, I still go NTUC (if possible) because it feels good to save a few dollars here and there. Thats just me....

This type of ppl will buy Toyota Corolla because it is cheap to use. They will not come to MCF & ask FC of Audi, BMW or Merc.

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:42 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Erm ,my car is a 2.4 liter japanese car , and i get around 7-8km/l and so, what do you think about conti car =P....

You'll be surprised that conti can get better FC than a jap car. My previous 2.5L T5 does abt 8.5km/l. Drove a 2.0L camry loan car for a week b4 - the FC was something like 6-7km/l. Maybe it's becoz gotta rev the nuts off the old fashioned, underpowered engine to get anywhere.... tongue.gif

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:51 PM

Viceroymenthol
  • Viceroymenthol
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Ai pee, ai chee, ai tua liap nee laugh.gif

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:55 PM

Joseph22
  • Premium member
    Joseph22
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Erm ,my car is a 2.4 liter japanese car , and i get around 7-8km/l and so, what do you think about conti car =P....

that very jia you for a jap car.

conti one with similar power more Fuel efficient.
Those who are for a cleaner MCF, change your avatar to a empty black image.

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:02 PM

Zanter
  • Zanter
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Just pump your petrol in malaysia and that will not be a issue anymore :) Shiok

This is like buying a GCB and having to go to public pool to bath cos wanna save $ laugh.gif

Posted 26 March 2011 - 02:55 PM

Shemmy
  • Shemmy
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hi Bro,

Sorry to bring up this old thread.

Recently planning to upgrade to either one of those car.

(choices were : Merc c180k BE or Non BE, C200k BE or NON BE, BMW 318 or 320,Audi A4 and Lexus IS250.

Pricing wise they're rather neck to neck in term of performance to dollar. Im hoping if current owner of each class of veh can share their average FC here.
(yes yes, i understand some bro here are kinda skeptical about helping bros asking for FC on premium brand car.

well, my job requires me to travel a fair bit, so beside luxury comfort. fuel efficiency is also very important to me. no doubt the differences in overhead for extra petrol consumption is minimally small.
I felt its rather comforting to know that at least its burnin' a tiny weey bit lesser. moreover a penny saved is a penny earn

My wife recently got a 318 i. It has the lowest depreciation among all the above. Dep abt 11k per year sonsidering surrent market. IS250 dep abt 12k has to be the best value. Wanted to go for it initially but wife prefer a bimmer. Merc regardless c180 or c200 or even the older e class dep too high. Most that i saw almost dep 15k considering omv almost almost similar to is250 and 318.

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:08 PM

KARTer
  • KARTer
    Banned

it all depends, if i like the car for some reasons, i will buy it and drive it..... i dont earn that much, but i 'sacrifise' and accept the 7.5km/l fuel consumption my 'beloved' ride sucks everytime i take her on the roads.......... what to do? 'love' and 'sacrifice' can be good friends biggrin.gif
我地呢班打工仔, 通街走直头系坏肠胃, 温个些少到月底点够驶(吃个鬼), 咪话无乜所谓, 最弊波士郁的发威(癫过鸡), 一咪系处系唔系就乱黎吠, 哎亲加薪块面拿起恶睇(扭下计)...我地呢班打工仔 一生一世为钱币做奴隶, 个种辛苦折堕讲出吓鬼(死比你睇),半斤八两 就算有福都无你享...

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Comparing, fuel, Consumption and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users