Who Still using STP Oil Treatment?

Nmnhnlm

Who here is still using STP Oil treatment? I am still using it for my old Toyota. Its one of the cheapest and oldest oil treatment out there that actually works. No magic about the product. Mainly some viscosity enhancers and lots of Zinc! Thats about all. Cause my car needs a 50wt oil, thus I decide to use 40wt oil and STP instead. IT actually works better than just plain 50wt oil and its cheaper! lol...

However, be warned that STP oil treatment contains lots of zinc which may affect your cat. Mine is old car so I don't really care.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

sorry to bring up an old thread, i just wanna know more about this product before i pour it into the engine.

basically, i have an old mitsu engine, famous for engine ticker they called it. some told me to add lucas oil treatment while some, miracle oil.

while the another is a Renault D4f clio engine, its 8 yrs old.. kinda rough but can live with it since EOL in 2 yrs time.

i still got lots of engine oil - carlube 5w40 lying in my storeroom, thanks to my huge purchase last year.

intend to change every 6-7k interval since i find it not lasting till 10k mark

As for the engine ticker and roughness of D4F, thinking of pouring some STP oil treatment, its only $5.90 as sold by one of the merchants in here.

Maybe a bottle shared by 2 engine..

since it was said that it thicken the oil, with zine as a cleaning agent. hopefully, the tickering sound will be off.

Then buy the stp fuel system cleaner, $21 and use it for the old mitsu engine.. i just took over for a year, it's 14 years old..

the cleaner should last me for 2 round.

after which, blaze all the way to KL, that should clear whatever junk content..

D4F, nothing to blaze, it already retired..

now is only performing 110km at most but i still loving it.

i know some may regards as snake oil but since it only $5.90 and an one time application, it don't hurt much to the wallet. [:)]

• Praise 1

Hi,

STP Oil Treatment should be used with cars with 40k+, it enhances performance and drive. Noise reduction is evident as well. I recommend it with cars having 40k+, else you dont need this product.

• Dislike 1

Hi,

STP Oil Treatment should be used with cars with 40k+, it enhances performance and drive. Noise reduction is evident as well. I recommend it with cars having 40k+, else you dont need this product.

Not for modern Cars with Valve Timing,Oil too thick can cause damage to Valvetrain...

Im driving a qashqai 1.2T now on 6th year. Mileage is high. 170K.  I use STP for my car along with 5W 40 due to suspected oil burning.. well yes it contains zinc for better wear protection.. after use the oil consumption slows down quite a bit... my car need a thicker oil to protect the engine, so viscosity wear is my primary reason... may feel a little rough initially but its ok for it to blend and mix well with 40 oil for best protection...  a little worried at start but u will see the difference...

3 hours ago, AlbertCheow said:

Im driving a qashqai 1.2T now on 6th year. Mileage is high. 170K.  I use STP for my car along with 5W 40 due to suspected oil burning.. well yes it contains zinc for better wear protection.. after use the oil consumption slows down quite a bit... my car need a thicker oil to protect the engine, so viscosity wear is my primary reason... may feel a little rough initially but its ok for it to blend and mix well with 40 oil for best protection...  a little worried at start but u will see the difference...

Go & read Thread in Conti Talk..."Renault sued over 1.2 turbo engine also used in Qashqai''.

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Mustank said:

I use the diesel treatment to pass inspection 

Put into Fuel Tank.?For lesser Black Smoke.?Buy 18 Litres of Kerosene mix with  little Diesel before going for Inspection,sure pass.

• Praise 1

19 hours ago, Mustank said:

I use the diesel treatment to pass inspection 

I use liqui moly diesel smoke stop. right before inspect pour into full tank fuel. 

then go remote area ram high rpm ( make sure no car behind )😆

Edited by Beregond
  • Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Beregond said:

I use liqui moly diesel smoke stop. right before inspect pour into full tank fuel. 

then go remote area ram high rpm ( make sure no care behind )😆

Last time no camera time I disturb people Phoon orh yen :XD:

now do sure kena orh gong jialat jialat 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1