• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic | 5 praises

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:34 PM

Nmnhnlm
  • Nmnhnlm
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Who here is still using STP Oil treatment? I am still using it for my old Toyota. Its one of the cheapest and oldest oil treatment out there that actually works. No magic about the product. Mainly some viscosity enhancers and lots of Zinc! Thats about all. Cause my car needs a 50wt oil, thus I decide to use 40wt oil and STP instead. IT actually works better than just plain 50wt oil and its cheaper! lol...

However, be warned that STP oil treatment contains lots of zinc which may affect your cat. Mine is old car so I don't really care.

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:48 PM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

sorry to bring up an old thread, i just wanna know more about this product before i pour it into the engine.

basically, i have an old mitsu engine, famous for engine ticker they called it. some told me to add lucas oil treatment while some, miracle oil.

while the another is a Renault D4f clio engine, its 8 yrs old.. kinda rough but can live with it since EOL in 2 yrs time.

i still got lots of engine oil - carlube 5w40 lying in my storeroom, thanks to my huge purchase last year.

intend to change every 6-7k interval since i find it not lasting till 10k mark

As for the engine ticker and roughness of D4F, thinking of pouring some STP oil treatment, its only $5.90 as sold by one of the merchants in here.

Maybe a bottle shared by 2 engine..

since it was said that it thicken the oil, with zine as a cleaning agent. hopefully, the tickering sound will be off.

Then buy the stp fuel system cleaner, $21 and use it for the old mitsu engine.. i just took over for a year, it's 14 years old..

the cleaner should last me for 2 round.

after which, blaze all the way to KL, that should clear whatever junk content..

D4F, nothing to blaze, it already retired..

now is only performing 110km at most but i still loving it.

i know some may regards as snake oil but since it only $5.90 and an one time application, it don't hurt much to the wallet[:)]

bluey Tiko Ranger

I have a pen, I have an apple..

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:15 PM

ntuc2018
  • ntuc2018
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Lately use this cos I find my car use engine oil quite fast. Unexpectedly, it managed to improve my fc slightly..

Posted 07 October 2018 - 07:01 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Lately use this cos I find my car use engine oil quite fast. Unexpectedly, it managed to improve my fc slightly..

This is not a permanent solution

Posted 08 October 2018 - 07:26 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Never use STP Oil Treatment on quite new Car,it make the Oil Thick,it won't flow so well...

Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 08 October 2018 - 01:26 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Any EO that requires oil treatment needs to be dumped
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 11 March 2019 - 02:28 PM

allypk2000
  • allypk2000
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi,

STP Oil Treatment should be used with cars with 40k+, it enhances performance and drive. Noise reduction is evident as well. I recommend it with cars having 40k+, else you dont need this product.

Posted 11 March 2019 - 07:57 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hi,

STP Oil Treatment should be used with cars with 40k+, it enhances performance and drive. Noise reduction is evident as well. I recommend it with cars having 40k+, else you dont need this product.

Not for modern Cars with Valve Timing,Oil too thick can cause damage to Valvetrain...

Mazda 6..2.5.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users