Perodua Club Singapore

Cunnosieur

Cheers!!! So how ur Myvi gud? i'm going to collect the car soonz anything i need to take note.

btw where to find cheapest gps..can iphone use as a gps? :P

New gps with 2011 map should be the reason gps with 2010 maps now getting cheaper (around $130/- last month on this car forum advertisement). iphone I not sure, but should go through the advertisement on this car forum

↡ Advertisement

Hi bro

If buy new car best is to get comprehensive insurance. If touch wood anything happens then have to fork out own pocket, somemore its a new car it has ten years lifespan so i advise to get comprehensive.

We have a strong currency exchange even converting back its still cheaper. Firstly Hankook tyres 14 inch is rare. I am using 165/55/R14. For similar specs, Singapore companies are charging me $90-140. for Hankook brand is $120 per tyre during promotion for tyres. Now I am getting like $65 per tyre with free alignment.

I install on my viva in May and the tyres were made in Dec :) My tyre expert friend went with me :)

For my 15 inch tyres that i change on corolla on Sat, cheapest I found in SG was $90 per tyre, thai made, and that excludes alignment.

I installed korean tyres for $75 per tyre with free alignment. I save about $88. :)

And best part of it, my tyres stock are fresh, its made in Jan 2010. :)

I heard tire there cost more due to tariffs imposed since years ago? (Motoguard's flyer: 175/65/R14 @ SGD70/-)

Thought Viva better FC than Myvi? (previous Kelisa FC about 18-20km/L)

That's Comprehensive Motor Insurance Policy? 3rd Party much cheaper?

Hi Bro

Welcome to Viva family. All Kenari, Viva and Myvi users are at Kelisa Club Forum. Do join us there. Look out for me.

Collection of car just take note of mileage, make sure sales people didn't whack you car, remember to buy eday coupon if you collect on weekday, yours should be revise OPC. My viva is also red plate :)

Check the seats, makes sure not tear and crack, insert cash card make sure IU is function and not error reading (Quite common cos the local agent can be quiteeeeeeeeee ______)

See what tyres they give you,

Drive around their big compoud on straight road, make sure car alignment is ok and not tilting to one side.

Overall should be ok one :)

I will PM you my number, any problems lemme know.

Halo PPL there...i'm a newbiz to viva family...erm..mine red plate...collect soonz tis mth..any advise. btw is my 1st car in my life ahaha..:P

Cheers Dave

I strongly suggest Garmin. Collect car go giant and look for older garmin models like 205 or 255.

Less than $220 should be able to find. Garmin is good cos alot of map updates and can last you for a while

If you want to use Iphone I suggest you use google maps before the start of the journey to see how to go. Buy hp holder to mount on the windscreen, very useful.

For hp, so far my omnia and omnia 2 gps and maps are wonderful I love it, thought Im on iphone now, but I still keep them for GPS to use in SG and upnorth.

I do own a lauya brand gps, so far so good, get me around jb and malacca :)

Cheers!!! So how ur Myvi gud? i'm going to collect the car soonz anything i need to take note.

btw where to find cheapest gps..can iphone use as a gps? :P

I strongly suggest Garmin. Collect car go giant and look for older garmin models like 205 or 255.

Less than $220 should be able to find. Garmin is good cos alot of map updates and can last you for a while

If you want to use Iphone I suggest you use google maps before the start of the journey to see how to go. Buy hp holder to mount on the windscreen, very useful.

For hp, so far my omnia and omnia 2 gps and maps are wonderful I love it, thought Im on iphone now, but I still keep them for GPS to use in SG and upnorth.

I do own a lauya brand gps, so far so good, get me around jb and malacca :)

Some handphone also can have gps if download map

Hey i got my Iph 4 ler now searching gud gps...any advise ppl.:P

Btw we can meet up some day ya...in sg for makan..:P drive our Perodua made car..:P ahahaha

Cheers! :P

hi all

started this new thread for perodua owners in s'pore.

can share tips on modi, spare parts n accessories, etc.

Anyone tried installing Oil Filter for Kelisa onto Myvi?

Would like to know if new ex-Kelisa Oil Filter can be used when warranty expires for Myvi

I intend to purchase either Viva and Myvi .

do advise on the manual and auto performance , fc and spare parts .

thank you all advisers.

Test-drive both along same route. Viva better FC and Myvi more spacious for longer distances driving. Manual usually lesser maintenance than automatic transmission, better FC

Hey i got my Iph 4 ler now searching gud gps...any advise ppl.:P

Btw we can meet up some day ya...in sg for makan..:P drive our Perodua made car..:P ahahaha

Cheers! :P

comex 2010

• Praise 1

I intend to purchase either Viva and Myvi .

do advise on the manual and auto performance , fc and spare parts .

thank you all advisers.

I would advise you to choose Manual instead of Auto for both cars.

Since both cars are small and Manual transmission would be much ideal.

Viva and Myvi is decently big in interior.

Viva has better FC as its 1.0l while Myvi is 1.3l

However both cars have decent horsepower .

Spare parts wise.....Just head to Bolehland....Confirm can find alot alot of cheap cheap spare parts at a very very attractive price...

I would suggest Myvi over Viva...

[laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 1

thank you , understand the 1.3 is using toyota engine , how about the 1.0 ?

Myvi ( aka Daihatsu Sirion and Toyota Passeo)

Note that generation is the collaboration of Daihatsu and Toyota

thus its using toyota engine...

However engine found in Myvi is actually the "older engine"...

The newer enhanced engine is actually found in Daihatsu Sirion.

Thats why Sirion and Myvi actually is not the same. But they are similar.

Viva on the other hand ....

Its using Daihatsu's engine.

[laugh] [laugh]

Edited by Mike1234

thank you , any good SE to recommend as believe you are driving the 1.3.

what mod you have done so far ?

is it belt or chain driven for the transmission .

bro which type...vry standard stuff...now the car loan1.88 nia..:P

u can call him raymond 91071581 just mention my name david who brought viva collect tis mth...haha he will do the rest liao n wit best advise..:P some SE do for $$$ but he do frm his heart for u n coy..:P

Cheers!!

↡ Advertisement