Perodua Club Singapore

Cunnosieur

Neutral Newbie

What did u do?? I having the same problems. Bring it to mechanic, some said air con magnetic clutch, some said compressor. In the end what did u do?? Pls advise

Thanks

If its the clutch problem or compressor problem, even when you travel at high speed your car aircon wont be working. Its hard to determine if its not the radiator fan issue already cause either clutch or compressor problem its hard to tell.

↡ Advertisement

Any kalisa, Kenari or Viva looking for Spark Plug ???

I got 9pcs of spark plug spare and see whether you guys want it. Since all this car uses 3pcs instead of normal 4pcs.

Denso Double Platinum - PK16TT (Made in Japan) better than normal spark plug.

one pcs $5 .. so one set is $15 ....

Neutral Newbie

Perodua rate most probably will be worst than outside dealer rite?

Need to save up money for some other stuff in the shortest time.

So best is to sell now den regret few yrs later. Hahas...

Perodua rate most probably will be worst than outside dealer rite?

Need to save up money for some other stuff in the shortest time.

So best is to sell now den regret few yrs later. Hahas...

maybe u can post your car details here see if anyone interested ... maybe can intro to friend ... [laugh]

wow.. i read through so many pages. really keen on a kelisa as a ride due to job needs. I realised that it has been discontinued. is it still adviseable to buy them used. mayeb a 5-6 year old car because its the max i can afford with the crazy COE now.. any one can give me decent advise and if i were to buy via sgcarmart is it safe without those hanky panky from the dealers?

Seems like perodua has a much better rep than proton. hehe for me its confirm a Msian car over a Chinese made one :P

any other perodua cars to intro? basically i am a simpel point a-b drive but cannot go up slope roll back sort. I drive automatic btw :P

many thanks in advance for the replies and advice.. :)

Just buy what your budget allows you and well if you need more boot space can consider the kenari... kelisa, kenari and viva are all 1000cc.. same engine btw.. only myvi is 1.5... pricing wise among the 1.0 viva is more ex followed by kenari...

all perodua car parts are available easily and cheaply across the causeway compare to sg... well a whole new gearbox cost about sgd700 for a brand new one across up north.. thats one of the cheapest and viva kenari kelisa all using same gearbox..part wise is not difficult to find and if you willing to make the trip no worries if you are not willing there are some brothers that sell perodua parts and accessories... also kenari, kelisa and viva some parts are the same so dun have to worry about the discontinued model.. alot of proton and peroduas discontinued model are up north so dun worry sure can find parts :) kelisa is good enuff for small family, couple or singles but if you have elderly or babies then kenari has a more comfortable boot space.. good luck for your decision.. kelisa is a very good car and so long as you can foresee that the size is good enuff then it is good enuff :) powerful and good car :)

if buy from sgcarmart well, cant be help sometimes, but once u get the vehicle just go to up north and do a full servicing..

change auto gearbox oil

power steering oil

brake fluid

most important engine oil

spark plugs

brake pads

coolant

dun save on the above as no one knows if the workshop or dealer got take care of the car maybe previous owner also dun care type.. i saw an altis 120k engine overhaul, owner change engine oil twice in the 4 yrs... bad shape sia the car..

then best is to start saving up for a new battery and most importantly prepare to change tyres as well for safety

if buy from sgcarmart well, cant be help sometimes, but once u get the vehicle just go to up north and do a full servicing..

change auto gearbox oil

power steering oil

brake fluid

most important engine oil

spark plugs

brake pads

coolant

dun save on the above as no one knows if the workshop or dealer got take care of the car maybe previous owner also dun care type.. i saw an altis 120k engine overhaul, owner change engine oil twice in the 4 yrs... bad shape sia the car..

then best is to start saving up for a new battery and most importantly prepare to change tyres as well for safety

thank you so much for the prompt reply and information.

I will defn consider changing and fixing these when i get mine but Other then SGcarmart any where else with good lobang? first time car buyer. I plan to purchase in prob 3-4mths time hence checking out and reading up.

is it necessary to sent hte car for AA inspection prior to purchase? the above service will cost how much roughly? sorry for my very nobbish questions

Just a short price list for reference to give you an understanding... pricing can be as current as yesterday (cos i went servicing yday or up to 1 yr ago knowledge)

change auto gearbox oil -rm60-80

power steering oil- rm30-60

brake fluid- rm 40-60

most important engine oil semi synth about rm60 or more, fully synth rm98 or more... can bring your own oil to change for rm10-25

spark plugs- about rm30-50

brake pads- rm50-70

coolant- less than rm100

labour charge about rm20-80

spark plugs, brake pads are normal/ordinary oem types. pricing defers from workshop to workshop

tyres cost about rm180-220 for tyre size suitable for kelisa, viva or kenari, price is per tyre so be prepared to set aside rm700-800..

the prices i give you is on the low range and its based on normal brand for normal usuage... if you want racing tyres or special high performance tyres or brake pads or other accessories or parts of any kind, then please know that pricing will be different...

If your engine mounting is gone be prepare to fork out rm900-1000 for orignal mounting parts if you those cheap oem type is about rm450...

Drive shaft is about rm400-600 for a pair, wheel bearing about rm100-200 for one side... suspension be prepared to fork out about rm700-1000 for it... prices based on oem or cheap aftermarket types some from msia some china... prices differs from workshop to workshop and brands to brands... if you pay anything above rm100 or higher than my price range means you kenah carrot chop jialiat jialiat..labour fees are not included btw... original parts are the best n alot more costlier though some after marketparts can cost more than original parts as well cos its even better... do know that opting for original parts or better than original aftermarket parts comes with a premium.... some people choose oem or cheaper aftermarket parts to save money and most of all they are quite usuable for general usage.. hope this helps..

20-25k, might be possible for a 6-7 yrs old car, guess its your nego skills thats impt.. u not buying opc right

Edited by Meganut

Ya not getting OPC. Wow I better check all these nicely before I purchase else later this and that need change jiat liat.

Usually from these dealers how many % can be discounted off?

Meganut, you seem very knowledgeable. I should ask you along when I purchase and buy you dinner later haaa. Often buy from direct owner is kinda safer?

Btw just wanted to check. Cheapest loan is from DBS is it at 2.18% for 5yr old cars.

Ya not getting OPC. Wow I better check all these nicely before I purchase else later this and that need change jiat liat.

Usually from these dealers how many % can be discounted off?

Meganut, you seem very knowledgeable. I should ask you along when I purchase and buy you dinner later haaa. Often buy from direct owner is kinda safer?

Btw just wanted to check. Cheapest loan is from DBS is it at 2.18% for 5yr old cars.

tyres, engine mounting, drive shaft and suspension are all part of wear and tear evenutally have to change...

have to source for bank rates that time got 1.98% interest, need to check maybank, hong leong, ocbc, dbs, standard chartered and citibank

can send for inspectiob if u prefer

↡ Advertisement