3M solar film - sucks

Pool100

3M film that comes with Altis not bad leh.. dunno the IR rejection though...

It is much much better than RikeCool that comes with my car.. :(

I do agree that the one that comes with the Altis has great heat rejection.

Better than my City's V-Kool.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

when to honda service centre near Kranji area, there is a light bulb with 4 different solar film and V kool is the best. I think V kool one quite exp

Neutral Newbie

Hi, you can try tintsy solar film. It is better than the v-kool premium film I used to have :)

Hi bros, is anyone of you using 3M solar film and find it really bad?

I have the supposed "premium plus" 3M film installed on my ford mondeo and I find the heat rejection really bad. Just 2 hours under hot sun and the whole car becomes an absolute oven... take about full 10 min to cool the car down with air con full blast. When I called 3M to ask why their product is so bad, they said it's already one of their top range solar film. When I enquired about their heat rejection rate, she said it's only 40% front and 42% rear. Doesn't sound very good to be honest. And I must say I had expected more from 3M products and services.

Now I'm seriously contemplating ripping off the 3M film and installing others... even if it's those no-brand films with high heat rejection rates.

Any that you guys can recommend?

No matter what tint you use, leaving car in open direct sunlight will definitively heat up the car interior. You should open the door for a while, if possible, to let the heat out and drive for a while with open windows till car cool down, then switch on the aircon. Just try this, feel the car body after it is in the sun for an hour or two, or better still, ask the Subaru WRX contestants, felt like palm being burn. [cool]

eh... my SSS comes with free 3M solar film... but i do not know wat grade is it... out of my family 3 car, my car is the best... even after a day in the hot sun, its not tat hot compared to the another 2 car... maybe coz my car seat is fabric, its not hot... when i driving in the car, althought outside is v hot, i think the sun dun "hurt" me as i dun feel the heat from the direct sun, but another 2 car do.. i do not know if u understand wat i mean.. hahaha

I installed the best grade at infra dunno what .... At tradehub near IMM ... On closer inspection, about 5 different places, the window rubber seals got slash marks and parts of it accidentally kena cut until rubber strands falling off. Some I try to stick back, some Bo bian, I pulled out. Skill wise sucks leh, anyone kena cuts on window rubber seals too?

Edited by Alechi

U can try 2 layer... I have 1 layer FOC by agt but that sux so took another no brand from audio wkshop which was pretty gd?

U must be asking y gd? COS when i go thru ERP or ERP parking CP they cannot detect me so it was quite a hassle keep kanna summon to LTA for checkup on IU until fed up go back audio wkshop ask em to cut small hole ard the IU after dat prob solve...

Tink my 2 layer combined is like 99% for Infra red rejection bah...

U can try 2 layer... I have 1 layer FOC by agt but that sux so took another no brand from audio wkshop which was pretty gd?

U must be asking y gd? COS when i go thru ERP or ERP parking CP they cannot detect me so it was quite a hassle keep kanna summon to LTA for checkup on IU until fed up go back audio wkshop ask em to cut small hole ard the IU after dat prob solve...

Tink my 2 layer combined is like 99% for Infra red rejection bah...

would wearing 2 condom help?

there is a lot of way to reduce or minimize the heat in car.

if u fully close your window and park under sun... any car will become oven , thats standard. no film can do magic.

a few suggestion u can take.

- install window shield, those cover a bit over the top of the window. (abt 40-60 bucks for a set)

when under sun, open 10mm gap of window, when air escape from the gap, nv be too hot. and helps in the car temp alot ! and is cheap solution

- additional, buy those 2-10 bucks aluminium windscreen shade, cover when u park under sun, steering and interior plastic will not so hot to touch.

or not as hot as no cover.

- if more money, u can try those fan clip-on to window to run a fan to drive hot air out from inside.

- another kind is a module to add into car AC system. when car hit hot temp, it will run the AC fan to draw air into car interior, then disperse the hot air inside out.

top cheaper to bottom pricier

ADDITIONAL

-insulate ur ac pipings with foam tubes.

-open all car windows to cool before u enter

-when back to heated car, open windows 1-3 mins, then enter, then drive while blowing AC, moving car AC works better then jus park there 10 mins.

Edited by Circuit

would wearing 2 condom help?

hey bro... 2 condoms would definately help in terms of safety...

but in terms of pleasure... better to masturbate...

where can I buy short length of insulating foam for my air con pipe?

think you can try those aircon repair services/shops kinda shop.... or google lah... ^_^

hey bro... 2 condoms would definately help in terms of safety...

but in terms of pleasure... better to masturbate...

I think it increases the risk of breaking with 2

↡ Advertisement