Pangkor and Redang, which is a better choice?

Kelpie

Pangkor and Redang, which is a better choice?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Pangkor and Redang, which is a better choice?

• Pangkor, Perak
    • Redang, Terengganu

Hi all,

I've not been to these 2 places. Just wondering which is a better choice for an island getaway for family with young children. Likely to stopover at Putrajaya prior going towards either one of them. Want to catch the smelly tofu at Cheras [laugh] .

In term of parking, which is more convenient at the jetty? since can't get the car into the island.

Welcome feedback and suggestions.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

With younger kids, I wld go for Pangkor. Shorter and easier drive to the jetty via NS highway. Parking is in a multistorey carpark with security. Lots of cars so I felt quite safe leaving my car there. If you want more luxury, recommend the Pangkor Laut resort. Good restaurants and nice, if sanitised, beach.

Redang (at least the part I went, which is some time ago) is more rough and tumble. Nice dive spots but the resorts are rustic and basic. The nicer hotel there is run by Berjaya (again, my info may be outdated).

The other thing is the boat ride to Redang was much rougher, and I recall, longer.

With younger kids, I wld go for Pangkor. Shorter and easier drive to the jetty via NS highway. Parking is in a multistorey carpark with security. Lots of cars so I felt quite safe leaving my car there. If you want more luxury, recommend the Pangkor Laut resort. Good restaurants and nice, if sanitised, beach.

Redang (at least the part I went, which is some time ago) is more rough and tumble. Nice dive spots but the resorts are rustic and basic. The nicer hotel there is run by Berjaya (again, my info may be outdated).

The other thing is the boat ride to Redang was much rougher, and I recall, longer.

Thank you very much for the information. Will seriously consider it.

Is Pangkor Laut resort away from major attractions as it seems to be the one and only resort on that smaller island?

Regards,

Neutral Newbie

Yeah, Pangkor island is a nice getaway for family with young kids. Driving up by N-S highway takes you less than 700km. Compare to Pulau Rendang as to close proxity distance, normal town road will lead you to Kuala Tengenganu. Plus: Durian feast in Segamat, dining at Yong Peng for Foo Chow food, travelling coast road along Tenggenganu senic view such as Cherating. Minus: Long hour drive, Boat ride to Redang(east coast) is not as great as the west coaster being of strong current unless you plan to fly via Bejaya in Seletar Airport from Sin.

Turbocharged

What is the most comfortable way to travel to Redang Island from Singapore?

Possible to travel by air directly?

Used to go there by coach and ferry some years back, not the best mode of transport.

↡ Advertisement