Armor All Wheel Protector

Sky_vinz

http://www.armorall.com/products/view_prod...ndex=wheel_tire

Has anyone tried this product?

I was wondering.. If I were to spray at my rims directly (without removing them), wouldnt my brake disc be covered by this protector too? Will it be slippery or sorts, affecting brake performance?

Bought a can to try last weekend. No issues with brake disc being slippery. The product works although pricey. Wheels looks 98% clean even after one week. I only need to give it a spurt of water and the little dirt there just flew off. [thumbsup]

Ftco: Thanks, sounds good. Am a fan of Armorall products, and I saw their introduction video of this protector. Seems cool, but they didnt mention a thing about brake disc. Am quite fussy about the cleaniness of my ride, so this may help me to maintain my silver rims. Thanks again.

Bought a can to try last weekend. No issues with brake disc being slippery. The product works although pricey. Wheels looks 98% clean even after one week. I only need to give it a spurt of water and the little dirt there just flew off. [thumbsup]

bro,how much and where did you buy it from?Wonder if it can also be sprayed on BBK calipers?

bro,how much and where did you buy it from?Wonder if it can also be sprayed on BBK calipers?

Fairprice $16.50. Dunno if it will do harm to calipers although I guess not. It is meant to protect the wheels from dust and dirt afterall.

Neutral Newbie

Had done it and after longhaul canot tahan the extra grooming effort so let it do without it.

Be sure to hold at certain dist to prevent "whiteness"- over spray. This help to coat a layer for ease of clean.

Neutral Newbie

Really? This is amazing! I would like to buy this product too. Maaann our weather is weird in Seattle. Rain then sun then I keep cleaning the car. I saw the video and there is a free coupon there too. Can't wait to use that today.

bro,which fairprice did you buy from ?

i never buy. so far i have used some of their products. i would not say its excellent, but for the price its selling, cannot hiam liao...........

Just used this over the weekend. Seems to work pretty well. My rears used to look very dusty after 1 day (using Dixcel pads that have great bite) but now after 2 days, rims are still silver in colour.

Importantly is to ensure the wheels are clean and dry before applying.

This stuff is [thumbsup] . I've finished my 3rd can of this product a few months ago. I've stopped using it since then as I decided to change my brake pads to those dust free type. This product is just too pricey for my liking as I have to spray a lot.. really a lot each time I use it. If you wash your car every week, one can will only last you a month or so. :(

It's cheaper in the long run to just change your brake pads to those dust-free type like Bendix General CT. Although they are not performance pads, if you do not drive more than 100km per hr, the pads will do the job just fine. For low speed driving, performance pads give about the same braking distance as those dust-free, normal types.

This stuff is [thumbsup] . I've finished my 3rd can of this product a few months ago. I've stopped using it since then as I decided to change my brake pads to those dust free type. This product is just too pricey for my liking as I have to spray a lot.. really a lot each time I use it. If you wash your car every week, one can will only last you a month or so. :(

It's cheaper in the long run to just change your brake pads to those dust-free type like Bendix General CT. Although they are not performance pads, if you do not drive more than 100km per hr, the pads will do the job just fine. For low speed driving, performance pads give about the same braking distance as those dust-free, normal types.

Agree that the liquid gets washed off during car wash. Not so good for me as I wash my car weekly. If I were to respray every week, I am sure to finish it within a month. If only it is cheaper. However it is good for ppl who do not wash their car so often.

is it ok to use manual application rather that just spraying all over? Manual application meaning u spray onto a sponge first then apply to the rims............hmmm, i guess it won't be effective every inch of the rims unless u spray.....but wouldn't it be messy?? [cool]

is it ok to use manual application rather that just spraying all over? Manual application meaning u spray onto a sponge first then apply to the rims............hmmm, i guess it won't be effective every inch of the rims unless u spray.....but wouldn't it be messy?? [cool]

It is a clear liquid so it doesn't look messy but the trouble with spraying is there is a lot of wastage. Liquid sprayed that end up elsewhere other than the rim. Maybe can try using a brush to paint it on. More even than say wipe on. Sure no waste.

Neutral Newbie

i've used it too for my mini. it is esp useful for conti cars where brakes dust accumulates ALL the time. Very fed up when I took so much effort in cleaning the silver rims just hours before. But like other bros said, it runs out very quickly and I have since changed to back rims with silver trim. for effectiveness, let it dry after application! Longer the better before driving out.

↡ Advertisement