Soundbar

• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
15 replies to this topic | 5 praises

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:47 PM

Fishy
  • Fishy
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Im moving to my new place soon and thinking of getting an audio system in the living room. im not quite particular about audio and im thinking of getting a soundbar. anyone here uses a soundbar at home, any suggestions/recommendations on a reasonably priced (<SGD1000) ?

Thank you

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:01 PM

Twnll
  • Twnll
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

In my opinion, soundbars are OK for home cinema but not good sounding for music. I have a Yamaha YSP Soundbar so I can speak from experience.

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:09 PM

Iliketodrive
  • Iliketodrive
    Banned

sound bar sux.
it will only perform when u hv 4 walls to reflect all the sound.
ur living room sure dont hv 4 walls. window is not wall.
even wit 4 walls, it will nv beat a 5.1

they say, how fast can u chiong on singapore road??
they are very wrong about it.
the truth is, how fast u dare to chiong on singapore road.
i hit over 200.

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:28 PM

Fishy
  • Fishy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

i have space constraints so i am looking at something with small footprint

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:41 PM

Civic2000
  • Premium member
    Civic2000
    Supercharged
    Author Image

An used YAMAHA Sound Bar - SP3000 with Sub Woofer System, belonging to a Japanese expatriate to let go at reasonable price. The set is less than a year old and still in very good condition. The Japanese has gone back to Japan and asked my son who work with him, to sell the item for him.
When I shut my mouth and turn and walk away, it doesn’t mean you’ve won. It simply means that you are not worth any more of my time.

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:05 PM

Fishy
  • Fishy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

An used YAMAHA Sound Bar - SP3000 with Sub Woofer System, belonging to a Japanese expatriate to let go at reasonable price. The set is less than a year old and still in very good condition. The Japanese has gone back to Japan and asked my son who work with him, to sell the item for him.

in good condition and waranty?

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:44 PM

Opel17
  • Premium member
    Opel17
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Maybe you can consider those speakers that can be mounted at the walls/ceiling.
My 2 rear speakers at home are mounted at the back wall.

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:52 AM

Xtrocious
  • Premium member
    Xtrocious
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I am currently using the Samsung Soundbar - fits very nicely below my 42" TV

Also comes with a blue-tooth sub-woofer which you can place anywhere in the room (as long as within 10m of the soundbar)...

Soundwise - it's okay but cannot match a dedicated 5.1 system

Convenient cos it comes with a built-in DVD player with upscaling to 1080p and with its USB port, I can play avi movies from my thumbdrive or portable HDD smile.gif

Also has a FM radio built-in, can display JPGs (slideshow) and best of all, I can pair it up with my mobile phone via blue-tooth and play my music from there biggrin.gif

The newer version of the Samsung Soundbar has blu-ray built in

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:03 AM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

oh! How much? hahaha....

Garage36.com

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:35 AM

Billcoke
  • Billcoke
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Im moving to my new place soon and thinking of getting an audio system in the living room. im not quite particular about audio and im thinking of getting a soundbar. anyone here uses a soundbar at home, any suggestions/recommendations on a reasonably priced (<SGD1000) ?

Thank you

Mine is Philips 8140. Excellent sound for movie, but bass is a little heavy for music.

If space constrain is your concern and don't want to have too many cables lying around, soundbar is a better option.

http://www.cnet.com....0-339290277.htm

http://www.whathifi....hilips-HTS8140/

Edited by Billcoke, 01 June 2010 - 11:37 AM.

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:50 AM

Fishy
  • Fishy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I am currently using the Samsung Soundbar - fits very nicely below my 42" TV

Also comes with a blue-tooth sub-woofer which you can place anywhere in the room (as long as within 10m of the soundbar)...

Soundwise - it's okay but cannot match a dedicated 5.1 system

Convenient cos it comes with a built-in DVD player with upscaling to 1080p and with its USB port, I can play avi movies from my thumbdrive or portable HDD smile.gif

Also has a FM radio built-in, can display JPGs (slideshow) and best of all, I can pair it up with my mobile phone via blue-tooth and play my music from there biggrin.gif

The newer version of the Samsung Soundbar has blu-ray built in

ya how much much is it? seems like it has a lot of features. i also intend to fix it right under my tv
is this the one u got?
http://www.whathifi....sung-HT-BD8200/

Edited by Fishy, 01 June 2010 - 11:57 AM.

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:51 AM

Fishy
  • Fishy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Mine is Philips 8140. Excellent sound for movie, but bass is a little heavy for music.

If space constrain is your concern and don't want to have too many cables lying around, soundbar is a better option.

http://www.cnet.com....0-339290277.htm

http://www.whathifi....hilips-HTS8140/

yes i got space constraint and i intend to hide the cables/ i read the review, seems that this is the best in its class. good buy, but what is the price?

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:44 PM

Rainman
  • Premium member
    Rainman
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Thank you

Sonic gear has this sound bar, think 149 bucks only....

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:09 PM

Xtrocious
  • Premium member
    Xtrocious
    5th Gear
    Author Image

ya how much much is it? seems like it has a lot of features. i also intend to fix it right under my tv
is this the one u got?
http://www.whathifi....sung-HT-BD8200/

Mine was the DVD version - only cost me S$788 from Rigin Electronics about a year ago - probably a lot cheaper now

If you don't have a Blu-Ray player, then getting the new one makes sense - it has more features than mine smile.gif

Posted 05 July 2019 - 11:49 PM

Count-Bracula
  • Premium member
    Count-Bracula
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Any bro can advise?

Sonos Beam or Yamaha soundbar?
Me sad Newcastle fan

Posted 06 July 2019 - 01:26 AM

Friedpiggy
  • Friedpiggy
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Yamaha for the sound.
Sonos for the look..
Count-Bracula praised this

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Soundbar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users