Soundbar

Fishy

Im moving to my new place soon and thinking of getting an audio system in the living room. im not quite particular about audio and im thinking of getting a soundbar. anyone here uses a soundbar at home, any suggestions/recommendations on a reasonably priced (<SGD1000) ?

Thank you

↡ Advertisement

In my opinion, soundbars are OK for home cinema but not good sounding for music. I have a Yamaha YSP Soundbar so I can speak from experience.

Neutral Newbie

sound bar sux.

it will only perform when u hv 4 walls to reflect all the sound.

ur living room sure dont hv 4 walls. window is not wall.

even wit 4 walls, it will nv beat a 5.1

i have space constraints so i am looking at something with small footprint

Supercharged

An used YAMAHA Sound Bar - SP3000 with Sub Woofer System, belonging to a Japanese expatriate to let go at reasonable price. The set is less than a year old and still in very good condition. The Japanese has gone back to Japan and asked my son who work with him, to sell the item for him.

An used YAMAHA Sound Bar - SP3000 with Sub Woofer System, belonging to a Japanese expatriate to let go at reasonable price. The set is less than a year old and still in very good condition. The Japanese has gone back to Japan and asked my son who work with him, to sell the item for him.

in good condition and waranty?

Maybe you can consider those speakers that can be mounted at the walls/ceiling.

My 2 rear speakers at home are mounted at the back wall.

I am currently using the Samsung Soundbar - fits very nicely below my 42" TV

Also comes with a blue-tooth sub-woofer which you can place anywhere in the room (as long as within 10m of the soundbar)...

Soundwise - it's okay but cannot match a dedicated 5.1 system

Convenient cos it comes with a built-in DVD player with upscaling to 1080p and with its USB port, I can play avi movies from my thumbdrive or portable HDD [:)]

Also has a FM radio built-in, can display JPGs (slideshow) and best of all, I can pair it up with my mobile phone via blue-tooth and play my music from there :D

The newer version of the Samsung Soundbar has blu-ray built in

oh! How much? hahaha....

(edited)

Im moving to my new place soon and thinking of getting an audio system in the living room. im not quite particular about audio and im thinking of getting a soundbar. anyone here uses a soundbar at home, any suggestions/recommendations on a reasonably priced (<SGD1000) ?

Thank you

Mine is Philips 8140. Excellent sound for movie, but bass is a little heavy for music.

If space constrain is your concern and don't want to have too many cables lying around, soundbar is a better option.

philips_1.jpg

edc.png

http://www.cnet.com.au/philips-soundbar-ht...0-339290277.htm

http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Philips-HTS8140/

Edited by Billcoke

(edited)

I am currently using the Samsung Soundbar - fits very nicely below my 42" TV

Also comes with a blue-tooth sub-woofer which you can place anywhere in the room (as long as within 10m of the soundbar)...

Soundwise - it's okay but cannot match a dedicated 5.1 system

Convenient cos it comes with a built-in DVD player with upscaling to 1080p and with its USB port, I can play avi movies from my thumbdrive or portable HDD [:)]

Also has a FM radio built-in, can display JPGs (slideshow) and best of all, I can pair it up with my mobile phone via blue-tooth and play my music from there :D

The newer version of the Samsung Soundbar has blu-ray built in

ya how much much is it? seems like it has a lot of features. i also intend to fix it right under my tv

is this the one u got?

http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Samsung-HT-BD8200/

Edited by Fishy

Mine is Philips 8140. Excellent sound for movie, but bass is a little heavy for music.

If space constrain is your concern and don't want to have too many cables lying around, soundbar is a better option.

http://www.cnet.com.au/philips-soundbar-ht...0-339290277.htm

http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Philips-HTS8140/

yes i got space constraint and i intend to hide the cables/ i read the review, seems that this is the best in its class. good buy, but what is the price?

Thank you

Sonic gear has this sound bar, think 149 bucks only....

ya how much much is it? seems like it has a lot of features. i also intend to fix it right under my tv

is this the one u got?

http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Samsung-HT-BD8200/

Mine was the DVD version - only cost me S$788 from Rigin Electronics about a year ago - probably a lot cheaper now

If you don't have a Blu-Ray player, then getting the new one makes sense - it has more features than mine [:)]