Is Marbella GPS good?

Josho

Oh...thanks Esmond.

All GPS does have their pros and cons.

I hope marbella will improve as what you mentioned.

For the cost, it is sure a good GPS to get. Garmin is very nice, which I have to agree as well.

But which navigation is the almost perfect tho? Garmin?

↡ Advertisement

Saw on ST paper that Marbella M880 Silm Deluxe going from $169. hmmm

Also, another page on Garmin. Quite a big one.

What's the different of 4 digit and 3 digit with W at the end? like Nuvi 1460 and Nuvi 255W?

Neutral Newbie

Maka's Mapking LandMark is just ok, but absolutely worse than Papago X3.

Mapking LandMark:

1. when it should be left turn, then it speaks "turn right", but shows left turn arrow on the screen. not very often, but If you just listen, then it will let you u-turn after u-tern.

2. no predictive keyboard.

3. can not adjust volume when navigation

4. junction view is a bit naive not real view

5. MTK chip is weak.

But Maka promise life time update, and 1 to 1 exchange, which is quite good. if not very critical to the funtion, just go and get one. It is too cheap.

well i used marbella m660 for quite long so far

1- no such problem

2- yeah but it got smart search which mean u type abit u search the rest will come out

3- thats the bad thing =(

4- well i can use it thats what matter i think, what matter is it get the job done

5- lol. 30s to get the signal still weak? even holux higher end model are using mtk

=D

Neutral Newbie

Anyone going for the PC show? the marbella slim deluxe looks good.. got reverse camera also..

yes reverse camera! further more i think if get from them installation will be cheaper...but i now using m660 leh =( dun have av input i thinking to upgrade anot

Turbocharged

I think I might get the M880 Slim Deluxe @$269. Furthermore, there will be $10 off coupon that can use on the accessories costing $25.

No good deal for Marbella. Even have, I bet it might not be as good as from PC Show.

I heading down on Sat 12pm to view the GPS unit. =)

this price is for first 20 sets per day only, read the fine print :D

http://www.bootstrike.com/itfairsg/pcshow2...ochure-leaflet/

I think I might get the M880 Slim Deluxe @$269. Furthermore, there will be $10 off coupon that can use on the accessories costing $25.

No good deal for Marbella. Even have, I bet it might not be as good as from PC Show.

I heading down on Sat 12pm to view the GPS unit. =)

i got the M660+, cuz only need a basic function GPS....gotten some freebies from them, supposed to be playing ard with my new toy....

but, the unit that i gotten is a faulty one!!!!!! [furious]

how "lucky" i'm... [dizzy]

gg back early tml morning ard 10am+ to make an exchange....

juz when i finally decided on marbella over garmin, this has to happen... [speechless]

Neutral Newbie

i got the M660+, cuz only need a basic function GPS....gotten some freebies from them, supposed to be playing ard with my new toy....

but, the unit that i gotten is a faulty one!!!!!! [furious]

how "lucky" i'm... [dizzy]

gg back early tml morning ard 10am+ to make an exchange....

juz when i finally decided on marbella over garmin, this has to happen... [speechless]

Dear Frenzzsg,

Thank you for your kind feedback and I believe you have spoke to our technical support team earlier tonight. Once again, we are so sorry to hear such issue happened and we are here to assure you a brand new working set will be replaced tomorrow morning and we will provide additonal free gift to you at the same time as our apologies for making you a trip down. However, we truly believe this is an unique case and we will take more care in our QC next time.

All our units has been quality control approved in local Singapore with a high standard in our procedure, once again we are sorry if we have missed any of them out.

Please kindly contact our 24HRs technical suppport line @ 6100 1239 before you make your way down. We will arrange someone with a brand new unit with test approved unit for immediate replacement.

Thank you

Yours Sincerely,

The Support Team

Maka GPS Technologies Pte. Ltd.

Wow, granted that this faulty set may have put off some ppl in geting Marbella gps, I must give due credit for the prompt service recovery from the Makagps team. Good impression - cheers!

Neutral Newbie

gotten a marbella 5xx(could not rem the model) donkey yrs ago...

used it till now.... happy wif getting wad i've paid for.... [laugh]

however would wanna try holux next time around... heard tat its gd! [sly]

Neutral Newbie

how how how ideas???

history : used m550 deluxe bought since it show then sell to friend

then buy another m660 now using

TEMPTED to get m880 slim deluxe !! or sld i try another brand? garmin?

I bought a garmin set 1.5 yrs back. One thing i dun like is I have to update maps myself from msm or mfm. Its quite troublesome imo.. Rather looking at the marbella set, seems that map updates are easy to get plus the sevice suppor seems good. To me, service support in termsmof map updates are important when getting gps set after my experience.

Im looking to get a new set, looking at marbella or perhaps holux.

Neutral Newbie

well i used marbella m660 for quite long so far

1- no such problem

2- yeah but it got smart search which mean u type abit u search the rest will come out

3- thats the bad thing =(

4- well i can use it thats what matter i think, what matter is it get the job done

5- lol. 30s to get the signal still weak? even holux higher end model are using mtk

=D

Is M660 a new model? just launch yesterday. You used for "quite long", do you mean 24 hours, or are you stuff of Maka?

Predictive keyboard means you will never ever make spelling mistake. If you compare, then you know the difference.

Neutral Newbie

Is M660 a new model? just launch yesterday. You used for "quite long", do you mean 24 hours, or are you stuff of Maka?

Predictive keyboard means you will never ever make spelling mistake. If you compare, then you know the difference.

Oh, this new model is M660+, My mistake.

hi, looking for GPS too

Garmin, holux and Marbella are my choice,

which one got the least signal disconnected and fast respon?

Neutral Newbie

At PC show, garmin 255 is selling at 279, not a single dollar deduction from what i can get from retail shops, don't understand

Turbocharged

At PC show, garmin 255 is selling at 279, not a single dollar deduction from what i can get from retail shops, don't understand

when one brand "thought" they are the "best", with many followers testimonial to back them up, over times, this is what you get... they thought they can stick to the price and people still buy......... but in history, no one can stay on top forever.. , not even toyota.......,.....so, if you find their pricing not to your taste, look for alternative....

i'm buying marbella also........ [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

long as in able to understand almost everything of it. unlike most user i LOVE to explore my devices. thats why i am also enthu abt it. no i am not. i am just a user who are enthu abt my electronic device. i believe electronic device can represent a man status to a certain extend !

btw i did compare. thats why in earlier post i also did mention the thoughts of getting garmin [:p]

↡ Advertisement