Is Marbella GPS good?

Josho

Neutral Newbie

when one brand "thought" they are the "best", with many followers testimonial to back them up, over times, this is what you get... they thought they can stick to the price and people still buy......... but in history, no one can stay on top forever.. , not even toyota.......,.....so, if you find their pricing not to your taste, look for alternative....

i'm buying marbella also........ [laugh]

haha ok la. i think its the branding wise ba . like LV u cant expect them to drop alot if not not prestige also ma. i am considering m880 slim deluxe and garmin at the moment.. going to it show this SAT . got a feeling promoters going to hate me =D going to keep asking and test their limits ~

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

I bought a garmin set 1.5 yrs back. One thing i dun like is I have to update maps myself from msm or mfm. Its quite troublesome imo.. Rather looking at the marbella set, seems that map updates are easy to get plus the sevice suppor seems good. To me, service support in termsmof map updates are important when getting gps set after my experience.

Im looking to get a new set, looking at marbella or perhaps holux.

I'm not a GPS user but been thinking of getting one...

for garmin, i also really dun like the idea of downloading maps myself... i frequent Malsing and Malfree, the map updates are so complicated to understand. must download this and that, create folder, must save correctly into certain folder, open up this file, tat file....

[dizzy][dizzy] mind boggling......

and i see some ppl in forum having problems with the garmin sets afte they downloaded.... what if we got some problems? who do we ask? ask in forums? then must wait for some kind souls to reply? then if no one bothers to help?

we just need good product service and we just get the updates hassle-free....

how how how ideas???

history : used m550 deluxe bought since it show then sell to friend

then buy another m660 now using

TEMPTED to get m880 slim deluxe !! or sld i try another brand? garmin?

I got the M550 and upgraded to the 3D map.

The Battery already spoiled just 8 mths and a full charge = 10mins use.

The 3D map brings you to wrong places and points your position at least 30~50m behind your real position - the next turn left looks like far away but its the next turn. Many times I turn into the wrong road...

Sorry if this set spoiled, I won't buy another Marbella.

I will get Nokia N97 mini instead.

Get the first 20 sets of marbella to avoid disappointment! kaka..

I guess I stick to marbella! Gonna buy it tomorrow.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

For Your Information.

57-213.jpg

igo amigo

57-214.jpg

mapking landmark

57-215.jpg

sygic

57-216.jpg

agis

57-197.jpg

Garmin SLA

57-205.jpg

papago SLA

57-193.jpg

Google Map

57-194.jpg

minty minds

post-67487-1276226435_thumb.jpg

Edited by Esmond

Neutral Newbie

for garmin, i also really dun like the idea of downloading maps myself... i frequent Malsing and Malfree, the map updates are so complicated to understand. must download this and that, create folder, must save correctly into certain folder, open up this file, tat file....

and i see some ppl in forum having problems with the garmin sets afte they downloaded.... what if we got some problems? who do we ask? ask in forums? then must wait for some kind souls to reply? then if no one bothers to help?

haha YES mind boggling. but depends leh. like me play around with my android phone..can spent whole day on it...haha

anyway if this is what u wan. get marbella =D

24 hr hot line support (its their manager call and ask during midnight . Not me that bad its my fren who dun know hw to use)

and they provide free loans of overseas map. but yes la....go down to their office and take and have to return... abit troublesome. but if u buy gps i assume u have car so sld be quite all right. i always go for queenstown CHICKEN RICE /claypot rice after loan-ing map from them [:)]

Neutral Newbie

For Your Information.

igo amigo

mapking landmark

sygic

agis

Garmin SLA

papago SLA

Google Map

minty minds

out of this all. i prefer GOOGLE MAP! :D

Neutral Newbie

The 3D map brings you to wrong places and points your position at least 30~50m behind your real position - the next turn left looks like far away but its the next turn. Many times I turn into the wrong road...

go change for one set? there is 1 to 1 exchange policy ! use it

exactly, that's what i meant... the last time i updated my garmin map was last year... and i had some problems understanding what i needed to do. go over to msm and mfm, kept on reading and still it's just so damn confusing for me.

i need to get a new one now, that garmin set i have is already very slow in processing...

Anyoone knows what's the price if you're not the first 20 customers? Dun think i can be there early enough...

I'm going down later to have a look as well :)

Supersonic
(edited)

exactly, that's what i meant... the last time i updated my garmin map was last year... and i had some problems understanding what i needed to do. go over to msm and mfm, kept on reading and still it's just so damn confusing for me.

i need to get a new one now, that garmin set i have is already very slow in processing...

Any gps will have its own way of updating maps.

Perhaps Garmin may not be easy for you, sure hope the others is easier should you buy them.

I started with Garmin, coz I need to travel around in US. SG/MY map was actually my 2nd choice, but Garmin was useful for me.

Updating Garmin map can be as easy as putting a file call gmapsupp.img in /garmin directory whether in internal memory or SD. Connecting a Garmin Nuvi to a PC or laptop will show up as drives. Just copy and paste.

The learning curve may be slightly steeper for some.

I'm not here to defend Garmin. I just think it's a brand you should think about, even though it's slightly more expensive to invest in.

For other brands that are not leaders, they will definitely compete in price. If they provide the same level or better in terms of functionality, map support, etc...by all means go get them.

If Garmin sees their market share being eroded, price will definitely drop which is good for everybody.

As for the slow processing, maybe your SD card or internal memory is getting fragmented. For SD card, it is easy to just reformat, but not the internal memory.

Edited by Kb27

Anyoone knows what's the price if you're not the first 20 customers? Dun think i can be there early enough...

I'm going down later to have a look as well :)

i am sure they will sell u the price anytime, if not the whole of last day. its a marketing gimmick to state first 20 or whatever first customers....

Neutral Newbie

I bot it 18 mths ago and the 8th mth the battery spoilt...

oh. at the 8th month cannot change? haha i haven face still battery problem yet leh.

Went down this afternoon, finally settle with the garmin 1350 at 329 plus one free gift and free polo shirt :D (+ 15 for second gift), total damage 344

For free gift the friction mount look bulky to me hence i choosen AC adapotr and pouch, the free gifts are original from garmin not third party... :D

this is my first GPS would like to ask garmin user advise, is the garmin battary first charge need 8 or 11 hrs? Thanks

Neutral Newbie

Dear valued Marbella user,

Thank you for your valued feedback. We deeply appreciated all your feedback and kind support. This is the only way to improve ourselves constantly.

Indeed, due to the extreme senstitive GPS we have adopted in Marbella M550series, we have to admit the battery life is something in the weaker side. After a full charge the most it will last approx 1-1.5hrs. It was a tough decision made by our team despite the fact of fast GPS satelite lock-on.

To provide constant improvement on our product, we have built all our recent model with MTK high sensitive 32 CH GPS solution. All the current M660 and M880 series has equipped with this chipsets. MTK also has a very very low power consumption without forgoing the fast GPS satelite lock on.

However, even due to high power consumption, Marbella M550 series should not just last 10mins after a full charge. We would be deeply appreciated if we could trouble you down for us to honour 1-to1 exchange replacement with brand new unit. We highly seek your cooperation and do let us know if you have any diffiulty in coming down.

I am not sure if you have received our lateat map update on 9th June 2010 and not sure if the map distance issue has improved after the map update. We are aware of some of the "coordinate" we have pin-point may still differ a bit as compare to thr actual destination, but such issue should have already been ressolved since our 2010 map update released in Jan 2010. If you have submitted your warranty with us. You should receied an map update as of now. If you have never received it, please kindly PM us your email address and we will try to send it to you by tonight, 11th June 2010.

Once again, we are sorry to hear your commentary and we promise to make ourselves better. Constant improvement is the only way to thank all our customers in return.

Please do not feel hesitate to contact our service centre on 15th June 2010 at (65) 6276 0889 onwards and info

us if you have any diffiulty and advance notify for your immediate brand new M550 series (Plus or Deluxe) replacement.

Thank you

Dear Frenzzsg,

Thank you for your kind feedback and I believe you have spoke to our technical support team earlier tonight. Once again, we are so sorry to hear such issue happened and we are here to assure you a brand new working set will be replaced tomorrow morning and we will provide additonal free gift to you at the same time as our apologies for making you a trip down. However, we truly believe this is an unique case and we will take more care in our QC next time.

All our units has been quality control approved in local Singapore with a high standard in our procedure, once again we are sorry if we have missed any of them out.

Please kindly contact our 24HRs technical suppport line @ 6100 1239 before you make your way down. We will arrange someone with a brand new unit with test approved unit for immediate replacement.

Thank you

Yours Sincerely,

The Support Team

Maka GPS Technologies Pte. Ltd.

First of all, a big "KUDOS" & "THANK YOU" to the Marbella support team...though the idea of getting a newly "faulty" set sux, but the recovery work u guys did was excellent! The technical support personnel (i forgot his name..oops.. [:p] ) brought a new set all the way down to the carpark at millenia walk, set it up for me and agreed to compensate my time wasted with more freebies..(haha, not that i cheapo lah, but he really went all the way out to show that they're sincerely trying to get things right.)

purposely drove ard to test out the map, the functions. frankly for anyone who just need a simple GPS (i dunno how complicated a gps can be though [:/] ), it really serve its function well! simple, easy to navigate. (though a lotsa extra functions are quite redundant to me cuz i have a touch screen 6.1" HU, but i realise it may be quite useful if i intend to bring it ard when i go travelling, since they loan out map for free!! ^_^ )

as i come from the sales industry, after sales service matters a lot to me and in this case, Marbella has definitely score a full mark in it [thumbsup] . esp given the fact that the unit i purchased is more of the lower-end (M660+).

now the next test will be when i'm driving up the NSHW..always got "hollanded" in the JB town when i was searching for food area...and also, will be bringing the gps when i'm flying over to spain. will be able to give more review after then...

↡ Advertisement