Is Marbella GPS good?

Josho

A bit of FR for this M660+...in city areas like KL, I feel the malsing maps are not that updated. I was travelling from midvalley to genting and had to be re-routed several times cos I either missed the turn (too abrupt) or map not updated (travelling on flyover that was not on map). Junction view feature quite limited for malsing maps. POIs are generally updated (managed to eat the famous ah wong tauge chicken in ipoh). Overall, ok for me. My take is if you want to rely on gps for unfamiliar places, gotta be prepared to re-route a few times keke....

there are 3 maps so u tried all 3? will be using it mainly for my JB food hunting trip actually... [laugh]

cuz company always having conference in the few golf resorts in JB/Senai (2-3 times/yr), so have been wanting to go for food hunting along the way.

tried relying on google map on my BB, so far so good till my last trip, hollanded for 1hr+!!! [dizzy] that's way decided to get a basic gps...

there are 3 maps so u tried all 3? will be using it mainly for my JB food hunting trip actually... [laugh]

cuz company always having conference in the few golf resorts in JB/Senai (2-3 times/yr), so have been wanting to go for food hunting along the way.

tried relying on google map on my BB, so far so good till my last trip, hollanded for 1hr+!!! [dizzy] that's way decided to get a basic gps...

Nope only used the peninsula malaysia map. On the way back I'll switch to malsing sg/my map to see whether it's better.....Yah, I also get the gps for the POIs, not just to get around...

The upsize for the map is for 1 only, right? I forgotten.

The stand for the dashboard is $25.

Neutral Newbie

The upsize for the map is for 1 only, right? I forgotten.

The stand for the dashboard is $25.

yes one only! haha. thanks for the price.

anyway i think the promotion is to do with courts? i do know courts slash price to attract customer

Neutral Newbie

Paisei la, didn't know there was pent-up demand for this model leh keke...anyway I bought it at the spur of the moment cos I had planned a trip up north and based on past experience, my android phone gps software is not up to scratch.

The offer was $169 and when I went to pay at the counter, they cut another $20 off the price. Pleasantly surprised lor.

A bit of FR for this M660+...in city areas like KL, I feel the malsing maps are not that updated. I was travelling from midvalley to genting and had to be re-routed several times cos I either missed the turn (too abrupt) or map not updated (travelling on flyover that was not on map). Junction view feature quite limited for malsing maps. POIs are generally updated (managed to eat the famous ah wong tauge chicken in ipoh). Overall, ok for me. My take is if you want to rely on gps for unfamiliar places, gotta be prepared to re-route a few times keke....

Dear mycarforum member Vooth,

Thank you for your valued feedback and we deeply appreciated your kind and continous support with Marbella.

If you have purchased your Marbella M660+ @ COURTS, according to our system was not equipped with the latest data. Please kindly retrieve the latest map update from Malsingmaps portal. Those of you purchased during PC SHOW 2010 has featured with the latest May/June 2010 Malsingmaps data. THERE IS NO FURTHER MAP UPDATE REQUIRED.

http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/download...6fde10492e75d26

This should improved the map data and re-routing within Malaysia.

The map update procedure is as follows (please pardon us if it's not well explained)

1) Download the file from the link above

2) Take out the Micro-SD card and insert it into your PC/laptop

3) Look out for "navigator" folder. Click into it

4) Look out for "maps" folder. Click into it

5) Look out for "WM" folder

6) Unzip the WMX2_Apr2010.zip and extract out the 24files inside the *zip folder

7) Copy all the entire 24files extracted from the WMX2_Apr2010.zip and overwrite with the files found inside the navigator/maps/WM directory

8) Map update completed.

Please do not feel hesitate to contact us if you have further queries.

Once again, please ignore this map update message if you have just recently purchased our Marbella GPS series at recent PC Show @ Suntec Convention Centre. This map update IS NOT applicable to your Marbella as we have included the latest data at PC Show 2010.

Thank you

Yours Sincerely,

The Support Team

Maka GPS Technologies Group

Hi Makagps,

Will all the free gift be delivered to my home since I have ordered during the PC Show ?

Can you also clarify that the additional map is on the same SD card or separate SD card?

can I add order for the Friction mount?

Neutral Newbie

Hi Makagps,

Will all the free gift be delivered to my home since I have ordered during the PC Show ?

Can you also clarify that the additional map is on the same SD card or separate SD card?

can I add order for the Friction mount?

i think just call them? ..best of all. u can do that right now becos its 24hr hotline

haha...for a try, I just called their hotline..at 12.15am...but no answer and went into their Full Voicemail box....

Neutral Newbie

haha...for a try, I just called their hotline..at 12.15am...but no answer and went into their Full Voicemail box....

Dear mycarforum member Ekardo,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

Due to overwhelming enquiries after the PC Show and our June map update release, we deeply apologise if we have missed your call. However, if you are calling from a number with Caller ID, we will return your call on the next working day (we are restricted to return calls after 11pm). In any case of urgent matters, I would strongly advise you to call after 5 to 10 minutes if the first call couldnt get through.

To enhance our delivery speed and avoid confusion of our courier, free gift could not be arranged together with your order. We strongly advise our customer to redeem the free gift or upsize at our Service Centre as the additional one country can only be activated at the time of SD card.

Depending on the country as generally we could just use the current micro-SD card to transfer.

We could accept your orders for the friction mount, but it is strongly recommended to see the physical products prior to purchase. Our friction mount is quite subjective to individual preference due to it's bulky design.

At this moment, we have no news from our management if there is any delayed on the shipment. If everything looks good, our shipment will arrived on Friday, 18th June 2010 and we will try our best to ship out as much as possible for those customer placed an order for their special occassion by 19th Saturday 2010. The latest will be 21-22nd June 2010 as promised during PC Show 2010.

Thank you

Yours Sincerely,

The Support Team

Turbocharged

i think my decision to "wait for good deal from compulsive buyer" wasn't a wise one..... [laugh]

so, any idea when will have another round of good promotion or gss?...... [:p]

Thank you for your kind feedback.

Due to overwhelming enquiries after the PC Show and our June map update release, we deeply apologise if we have missed your call. However, if you are calling from a number with Caller ID, we will return your call on the next working day (we are restricted to return calls after 11pm). In any case of urgent matters, I would strongly advise you to call after 5 to 10 minutes if the first call couldnt get through.

To enhance our delivery speed and avoid confusion of our courier, free gift could not be arranged together with your order. We strongly advise our customer to redeem the free gift or upsize at our Service Centre as the additional one country can only be activated at the time of SD card.

Depending on the country as generally we could just use the current micro-SD card to transfer.

We could accept your orders for the friction mount, but it is strongly recommended to see the physical products prior to purchase. Our friction mount is quite subjective to individual preference due to it's bulky design.

At this moment, we have no news from our management if there is any delayed on the shipment. If everything looks good, our shipment will arrived on Friday, 18th June 2010 and we will try our best to ship out as much as possible for those customer placed an order for their special occassion by 19th Saturday 2010. The latest will be 21-22nd June 2010 as promised during PC Show 2010.

Thank you

Yours Sincerely,

The Support Team

Thanks for the clarification. Meaning I still need to go down to your office.

When will your team be calling us to confirm the delivery date?

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the clarification. Meaning I still need to go down to your office.

When will your team be calling us to confirm the delivery date?

Thanks for your prompt replied.

Yap, furthermore, some of our freebies such as leather case only arriving on the June end. Other than maps, all other item we could arrange a postage to you if the leather case has not arrived by the time you visit our Service Centre.

We have not yet received any confirmation for the arrival of stocks. Due to long Dragon Boat Festival, we could only update the arrival status tomorrow noon around 5pm. We will keep all our pre-order customer updated through this thread here.

Our team will then do a follow-up on our pre-order customers on Friday if everything is on scheduled tomorrow. Please kindly let us know your preferred delivery timing as last time slots could be late as between 8pm - 10pm.

Once again, thank you for your kind understanding as we are not able to deliver all your freebies out at the same time.

Yours Sincerely,

The Support Team

Nope only used the peninsula malaysia map. On the way back I'll switch to malsing sg/my map to see whether it's better.....Yah, I also get the gps for the POIs, not just to get around...

so which map is better? I am using malfree map now.

Seems alot of people going m660 model - better m8** series due to better performance

Still thinking what map to get from Maka.

I have not go up the office due to tight schedule yesterday. Furthermore, the leather case will only arrive June end, so mean time, shall wait for it.

Still thinking what map to get from Maka.

I have not go up the office due to tight schedule yesterday. Furthermore, the leather case will only arrive June end, so mean time, shall wait for it.

according to one of the SE, we shd go for the US map, cuz more worth it (so many states, so many cities)! ^_^

but then again, i had a feeling that the SE wasnt very sure what he was talking becuz when i asked so can i get a EUROPE map, he said yes. and i asked again THE ENTIRE EUROPE? he gave me a +ve YES. hmm.... [rolleyes]

that'll include UK, France, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Germany, Belgium, etc.....

That couldnt be true rite? [laugh]

according to one of the SE, we shd go for the US map, cuz more worth it (so many states, so many cities)! ^_^

but then again, i had a feeling that the SE wasnt very sure what he was talking becuz when i asked so can i get a EUROPE map, he said yes. and i asked again THE ENTIRE EUROPE? he gave me a +ve YES. hmm.... [rolleyes]

that'll include UK, France, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Germany, Belgium, etc.....

That couldnt be true rite? [laugh]

U are kinda right! Europe cover a lot! But then again, I also dunno when will I go there. :angry:

↡ Advertisement