Advise needed for my ride

MLS

Clutched

Hi peeps,

Earlier when I started my engine and wanted to move off, the engine died. After subsequent starts I noticed my idle speed is lower than usual. The car died a number of times before I managed to drive home.

Any idea what is the problem of my car? My ride is a Lancer GLX and is 4 yrs old now. Tomorrow I'll send in to C&C. Hopefully I do not have to burn my pockets [dead]

Thanks!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Clutched

sounds like your alternator is weak....

or could be a battery problem too....

Hmm not so high chance it's the battery. I changed it last year.

What does alternator do? How's the damage for a replacement?

don't ask me what the alternator does to the car, i'm not so profound in car electricals and mechanics yet....

do google it if you wanna know more about it,

however, i think it has something to do with the driving of your car- converting DC to AC or some sorts....

it should be some mechanical wear and tear....

shouldn't be too costly to replace....

well, i've just googled it,

and it says

"to charge the battery and to power a car's electric system when its engine is running"....

if it's not working properly, the engine of the car wouldn't be running....

:D Pls dun use words like car died or engine died. They are non living things btw. The correct use of words should be engine stalled.

There could be many reasons due to the engine stalling. It could range from things like the fuel system eg. the fuel pump failing to the clogged fuel injectors. Or it could be ignition problem like spark plug needs replacement. Or the throttle body assembly needs cleaning. Or the head gasket is leaking small amount of coolant into the combustion chambers, the coolant cannot be compressed and ignited hence it will cause the engine to stall.

Can be any of the above. If you are lucky your mechanic might find the cause quickly. If not, your car might have to spend some time in the workshop.

Clutched

:D Pls dun use words like car died or engine died. They are non living things btw. The correct use of words should be engine stalled.

There could be many reasons due to the engine stalling. It could range from things like the fuel system eg. the fuel pump failing to the clogged fuel injectors. Or it could be ignition problem like spark plug needs replacement. Or the throttle body assembly needs cleaning. Or the head gasket is leaking small amount of coolant into the combustion chambers, the coolant cannot be compressed and ignited hence it will cause the engine to stall.

Can be any of the above. If you are lucky your mechanic might find the cause quickly. If not, your car might have to spend some time in the workshop.

Okok, my car engine stalled [nod]

You listed out so many reasons. Sounds so complex leh.

Probably I'll print out what you listed and pass it to the mechanic [laugh]

techincally if u cld stil drive back, its unlikely the alternator...4 yr old lancer hmm...any mods? unichip?

anyw im driving same car bro...there are better wkshops out there hehe... [:p]

===============

1st thing u sud do is check & clean your throttle body. Its prob dirty.

Also might b your fuel filter is dirty/clogged causing too little fuel reaching your cylinders.

Throttle body u can DIY so u dont get chopped by CnC.

If all else fails then see your mechanic. If u got a good outside workshop, better cos CnC charges r [knife] .

Clutched

techincally if u cld stil drive back, its unlikely the alternator...4 yr old lancer hmm...any mods? unichip?

anyw im driving same car bro...there are better wkshops out there hehe... [:p]

Stock engine.. but i drove back with the engine stalling a few times. I had to rev to maintain the engine.

You got a reputable workshop to recommend?

All along I have been servicing with C&C and since the time is up for my servicing, and now my car got problem, might as well I go back let them see.

Stock engine.. but i drove back with the engine stalling a few times. I had to rev to maintain the engine.

You got a reputable workshop to recommend?

All along I have been servicing with C&C and since the time is up for my servicing, and now my car got problem, might as well I go back let them see.

check sensors and TB ...

Hi peeps,

Earlier when I started my engine and wanted to move off, the engine died. After subsequent starts I noticed my idle speed is lower than usual. The car died a number of times before I managed to drive home.

Any idea what is the problem of my car? My ride is a Lancer GLX and is 4 yrs old now. Tomorrow I'll send in to C&C. Hopefully I do not have to burn my pockets [dead]

Thanks!!

duno if your batch is still plagued with throttle body problems..the earlier models did. if it is, it's a $700 repair i think

Clutched

if your engine jerk and jerk before stalling then probably fuel filter clogged.

No it didn't jerk before stalling. It just lose the rpm and stalls.

Btw I went to C&C and was told that my aircon and air filter is very dirty. They cleaned it for me and told me they clean the sensor as well (not sure what) and told me to monitor for the coming days.

Now it seems ok. Could it be due to the filters that may have caused it? [confused]

No it didn't jerk before stalling. It just lose the rpm and stalls.

Btw I went to C&C and was told that my aircon and air filter is very dirty. They cleaned it for me and told me they clean the sensor as well (not sure what) and told me to monitor for the coming days.

Now it seems ok. Could it be due to the filters that may have caused it? [confused]

Alamak C&C hor.. Aircon fliter dirty will not cause engine to stall lo. A dirty air fliter will cause. I think your throttle body dirty la. Plus they clean the sensor for u.. U continue monitor lo. Just curious how much C&C charge u?

Clutched

Alamak C&C hor.. Aircon fliter dirty will not cause engine to stall lo. A dirty air fliter will cause. I think your throttle body dirty la. Plus they clean the sensor for u.. U continue monitor lo. Just curious how much C&C charge u?

They told me aircon filter and air filter both dirty, ready to change. They quote me $87 and $60 respectively [knife]

I called another workshop and was quoted $30 each. Don't understand how come the price diff so huge. Anyway I bidded C&C goodbye [wave]

After work going to collect ride cause I just sent in this morning.

↡ Advertisement