Recommendation for water filter

Blackwind

(edited)

http://diamondwaterweb.com/products_dew.ht...PID=12373396929

i was looking at the above website... looks good

anyone has tried or have links to better water filters..... thinking of getting a good one for my family [:)]

any recommendations [wave]

I wrote about this before...

I have Diamond water filter system at home.

It depends what are your needs. If you have no health problems, don't bother to buy lah.

I bought bcz my son suffered constipation and go toilet only 7 days 1 time and each time rock come out if you know what I mean.

We tried Prunes, bananas, papaya and no choice occasional laxatives (which I think is real bad).

Finally we got a trial period on Diamond water and after drinking he got diarrhoea but after that got Hives (agent told us don't stop continue..) now bowels everyday... already 3 yrs using it.

Wife got eczema patch (20Cent coin) on forehead everyday dap with DW, and spray on it when outside, the patch healed.

Edited by Tigerwoods

Neutral Newbie

I wrote about this before...

I have Diamond water filter system at home.

It depends what are your needs. If you have no health problems, don't bother to buy lah.

I bought bcz my son suffered constipation and go toilet only 7 days 1 time and each time rock come out if you know what I mean.

We tried Prunes, bananas, papaya and no choice occasional laxatives (which I think is real bad).

Finally we got a trial period on Diamond water and after drinking he got diarrhoea but after that got Hives (agent told us don't stop continue..) now bowels everyday... already 3 yrs using it.

Wife got eczema patch (20Cent coin) on forehead everyday dap with DW, and spray on it when outside, the patch healed.

it seems like it really worked for your case

how is the aftersale service..... and maintenance? issit very troublesome? how abt installation?

sorry for asking too many qtns... but hope to get feedbacks from real users like you

thnx alot!

Neutral Newbie

google hyflux.

looks good... perhaps i'll go down and take a look at one of their outlets tomorrow

how is the aftersale service..... and maintenance? issit very troublesome? how abt installation?

sorry for asking too many qtns... but hope to get feedbacks from real users like you

thnx alot!

once u hear abt e mnaintenance costs, cfm turn off :wacko:

Supersonic
(edited)

Go JB Tesco and buy the cheap water filter.

What you need is simple types of filter:

1. Sediment

2. Carbon/chlorine

3. Bacteria/cryptosporidium/giardia

It doesn't need to cost a bomb.

Only the filters here seems to have "magic" and costs thousands of dollars.

Edited by Kb27

I am using Hyflux's pitcher type water filter for coming 3 years, prior to that I am using Brita until the pitcher broke. Quality quality is quite good, be it for drinking or for my espresso machine

1. Sediment

2. Carbon/chlorine

saw tis too at JB, tink its call "RO" water.............. [idea] , they call it membrane rather than filter [nod]

1. Sediment

2. Carbon/chlorine

yeah i;ve got one of these. base cost 30 bucks, got one carbon canister and one filter canister. i know it works cos there's no tap water chlorine smell at all after filtration.

cheap and good enough [grin]

Supersonic

saw tis too at JB, tink its call "RO" water.............. [idea] , they call it membrane rather than filter [nod]

Google for crypto and giardia. These are the commonly found water-borne parasite that cause diarhhoea, abdominal cramps and vomitting.

RO and very fine filters down to 1 micron will filter out these parasites.

But the final solution is still boiling your drinking water....however safe you think our tap water is.. :D

Google for crypto and giardia. These are the commonly found water-borne parasite that cause diarhhoea, abdominal cramps and vomitting.

RO and very fine filters down to 1 micron will filter out these parasites.

But the final solution is still boiling your drinking water....however safe you think our tap water is.. :D

i think in the long run a water filter still saves on costs. boiling requires gas or electricity.

where i work, also not possible to have boiled water, unless i bring all the water i need for a few days out at sea from home. in any case, my water is filtered only, not boiled.

google hyflux.

I'm quite impress with Hyflux water system taking the water from the Air... good for a Humid climate in SG.

Eventually its the cost/cup of water - is it near to Tap water or closer to Bottle distilled water ?

thnx alot!

No problem...

There are 4 filter to change and 1 set last around 1.5yrs cost $500~600 I think. Thats the maintenance you need only.

Aftersales I donno but I don't get any complaints from my wife so I guess its OK.

Once you drink this water, tap water taste bad. We don't buy Bottled water outside for our kids and bring our water.

Now there are so many types of water like Akaline water (my P-I-L using) - It separate the Acidic Water from Akaline water so you need a pail to contain the Acidic water for washing but its troublesome as you have pails and pails of water (if you don't mop/wash floor everyday). and How to bathe with pails of cold water ?

I don't have a garden to use that water... so its not very practical.

I think you can consider the Hyflux system - which I like - take from Air and make water - Air Water Vapour is free [laugh] Tap water cost $ too...

Hypersonic

I'm quite impress with Hyflux water system taking the water from the Air... good for a Humid climate in SG.

Eventually its the cost/cup of water - is it near to Tap water or closer to Bottle distilled water ?

I think that is the best solution.

Cannot get any cleaner water than water from the air.

↡ Advertisement