Recommendation for water filter

Blackwind

http://diamondwaterweb.com/products_dew.ht...PID=12373396929

i was looking at the above website... looks good

anyone has tried or have links to better water filters..... thinking of getting a good one for my family [:)]

any recommendations [wave]

Hi hi,

Hv u bought the water system for your family?

I would like to share my experience with you of my purchase from EVOPURE abt 6mths ago.. @ a minimal cost of $1 per day...

It is not a MLM Company which a lot of my friends thought so, and it is Made in Korea (a country whr the ppl r health conscious).

I bought the Alkaline AntiOxidant Water Filtration System for my family espeically for my mother in law, cos she was suffering from Joints Pains.. whenever she sits for 1/2hr or so, she will hv difficulty standing up, cos her knees will hurts.. and also partially for her health purpose too..

After drinking the water from the water system, the pain that she usuali feel in her knees reduced, I dun hear her go "aiyo aiyo" when she stands up.. ;p

And her recent medical report shows improvement as compared to the report done 6 mths ago..

If any of you are interested, can PM me, I can recommend my Sales Agent to you.. cos I find him very detailed and patience to ans all qns and doubts..

Wish you & your family healthy. =)

Edited by Genevieve
↡ Advertisement

Nowadays the tap water very very poisonous!

When I add tap water to my fish tank....many of my gold fishes died overnight.

It happened over manY months. I tried those fish rot medicine, anti chlorine, etc, very expensive to buy as well.

Then one year ago I bought a water filter for family use.

Then I started to use the filtered water for my fish tank........Miraclelously....zero fish died with the filtered water!!

I cannot Imagine how much poison I have being drinking over these years!!! Slow poison!!!

I tried boiled water....the fishes still die....

BoilEd wate will have low chlorine.....maybe the filter removed the remaining chlorine.

Anyway....I am happy with tHe filters...as anything that is good for my fishes to survive...means it's good for my body too.

So filter is a good Thing to have in homes....even though the gov says our water can drink from the tap.....but I am sold on the filter from now onwards.

Nowadays the tap water very very poisonous!

When I add tap water to my fish tank....many of my gold fishes died overnight.

It happened over manY months. I tried those fish rot medicine, anti chlorine, etc, very expensive to buy as well.

Then one year ago I bought a water filter for family use.

Then I started to use the filtered water for my fish tank........Miraclelously....zero fish died with the filtered water!!

I cannot Imagine how much poison I have being drinking over these years!!! Slow poison!!!

Which water filter did you buy? Mind to share? And what is the damage like? ;p

boiled water should be cooled down... before you add it to the tank... lol..

not sure if it still has oxygen/air in it after boiling....

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Dude.... yr fishes DIED cos Boiled water has no oxygen in them.....

Anyway.. chlorine cannot be removed by boiling anymore.. see PUB for more details... they use chloramine

Google for crypto and giardia. These are the commonly found water-borne parasite that cause diarhhoea, abdominal cramps and vomitting.

RO and very fine filters down to 1 micron will filter out these parasites.

But the final solution is still boiling your drinking water....however safe you think our tap water is.. :D

what does RO stand for ?

anyone can post a picture...

am keen to get a unit....

Supersonic

what does RO stand for ?

anyone can post a picture...

am keen to get a unit....

Reverse Osmosis

You can check Amazon and see what they have

31gLX4zmdxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

But these kind of filters seemed to be in short supply around this region.

What you get here is "amazing" alkaline water. ..aka ..snake oil in my book.

RO = Reverse Osmosis

basically, its forcing the water through very fine / tight woven water membrane filters.

The dirt will be trapped in these membranes. Depending on the size of the membranes itself, it will trap particles of a certain size.

say 0.5 micron....

say, 1 litre of water goes thru these membranes, you will have 40% permeate, and 60% reject...

meaning 40% are able to be cleansed, while the 60% are rejected...

Newater uses this process.

My house got this brand of RO system called, ELKEN.

Works fine for me.

If you want really clean water, forget about those alkaline system. Really clean water, RO process is one of the very few ways to do it. Look at it this way lah, if alkaline type of water is good and so called recognised, our Gahment would have adopted this method instead of going the RO way....

Why is alkaline not used in our gahment standard / system? RO is used instead. Surely there must be a reason.

Water from our PUB is definately fit for drinking. but its the piping / tanks that may cause inpurities....

(Amidst having a dead corpse being thrown into the tank recently add on to this problem...)...

For the system- please take note before purchasing any water system....

Yearly maintenance is just changing the internal filters. Approx 300 S$. This is for my house one... some may be cheaper some may be more ex. Always compare between brands to see which one suit u better. Dont buy becos someone just recommend u...

Always check on the maintenance costs. Some system are cheap but changing the filters are very expensive.

I keep hearing advertisement on the 938LIVE about alkali water filter.

Anyone know which company is that? Think it's korean water filter.

Supersonic

I find the cheaper and more effective way of investing in a water filter is those cartridge type with replaceable standard filter you can pick up for $5 or less.

If you go JB Tesco, you can look around at the filter section.

I find the cheaper and more effective way of investing in a water filter is those cartridge type with replaceable standard filter you can pick up for $5 or less.

If you go JB Tesco, you can look around at the filter section.

Are these RO filters ?

Neutral Newbie

anyone tried the hyflux gurgle tap filter ?

is it good ?

http://www.hyfluxconsumer.com/product/view/2

hahaha this old thread

hmm i'm not too sure but since i was once looking for water filters some time back.... one gd advise i can give is to drive down to the main branch

Singapore Sales & Service Centre

Hyflux Building, 202 Kallang Bahru, Singapore 339339

Operating Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30am to 6:00pm

you can get alot of useful info from ppl there cos they know their stuff.... as compared to best denki, mustafa etc cos it was clear the sales ppl are just smoking me... but i wouldn't blame them ^_^

hmm just to be safe better call them before going down

dont think those are RO filters

RO filters are costing more than RM 5

those standard cartridge filters fitted onto the tap, reminds me of the old fashioned way. My mum likes to put a white coloured cloth over the tap, to filter off some dirt. After some time, u will see there are stains on the dirt...