Recommendation for water filter

Blackwind

i am one that dont quite understand all these fuss over filter especially in singapore.

my first question, how many of us eat out more often than at home? the reason for my question is quite obvious right?

my next question is, how purified do you want your water? just H2O and nothing else and would that be good for your body?

our PUB water are just fine. i am not sure in some other countries but are thry weaker than us?

• Praise 1

i am one that dont quite understand all these fuss over filter especially in singapore.

my first question, how many of us eat out more often than at home? the reason for my question is quite obvious right?

my next question is, how purified do you want your water? just H2O and nothing else and would that be good for your body?

our PUB water are just fine. i am not sure in some other countries but are thry weaker than us?

Most well said

On another topic, I recommend all household has emergency water filter

LifeStraw Personal Water Filter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006QF3TW4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_3d5oyb7EG758Q

Now got brack Friday discount :grin:

Neutral Newbie

Singapore PUB water is fine, but there are things like chlorine, chloramine and fluoride which PUB adds to our water. 

If I can afford to, I would prefer not consuming those where possible that is why I use a filter at home.

Note that chloramine and fluoride are a lot more difficult to remove and most filters in Singapore does not remove them.
Also always ask for lab test reports and filter life time testing to make sure the products delivers what it claims.
Filter life time test is very important as filter can start dumping all the stuff it removed back into the water once it reaches its capacity. 

Regarding alkaline water, what is needed to be looked into is the level of dissolved hydrogen. As H2 (Not H+ or H- or OH etc) is an antioxidant that targets hydroxyl free radicals. It also has anti-inflammatory properties which helps in a range of diseases. However, most alkaline water filters do not have H2, that is why there is not much difference after drinking.

Turbocharged

To me, water quality in Sg sibeh tok kong. My worry is the distribution network of water. That's the only reason i had installed a simple water filter

Then got to consider not to drink water outside your home liao.hawker centre, Restaurant, gym, even airport. Their water got filtered?

Turbocharged

Then got to consider not to drink water outside your home liao.hawker centre, Restaurant, gym, even airport. Their water got filtered?

CNA did an experiment in SG and shown i

On TV. Samples from filtered water, toilet tap, homes and bottled were sent to lab for analysis.

Result came back, not much diff in minerals and safe to drink.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

If one drinks pure 100% purified H2O, his body will be lacking in many minerals. Haha then take supplements to put back i to body. Hehe

• Praise 1

(edited)
19 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Why filtered water may not be as clean or beneficial as you think

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/cnainsider/why-filtered-water-may-not-be-as-clean-beneficial-you-think-tap-14901036

personally think filtered water is not a need in SG.

during NS and ICT, drank water from any and every tap, am still here today. [flowerface]

During one of the ict I nearly mati after taking a sip from a water cooler...the filter was brown in colour...

LS big time during night out...buddy rushed me back to camp, duty ic and driver rushed me to camp medical centre, either no MO or no capacity to treat me...rushed me in army ambulance to Pasir leba camp and immediately given jabs and slept overnight there. My camp duty driver came next morning to fetch me back to base. He said I was very lucky...I sure looked like a goner the night before...😅

Edited by mersaylee
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

During one of the ict I nearly mati after taking a sip from a water cooler...the filter was brown in colour...

LS big time during night out...buddy rushed me back to camp, duty ic and driver rushed me to camp medical centre, either no MO or no capacity to treat me...rushed me in army ambulance to Pasir leba camp and immediately given jabs and slept overnight there. My camp duty driver came next morning to fetch me back to base. He said I was very lucky...I sure looked like a goner the night before...😅

my camp was one of those old ex British barracks, no water coolers.

all drink from tap.

no issues. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

tap water contains chloramine, it kills bacteria.

if the filter remove the chlorine and you have stagnant water after, then bacteria will multiply.

so filtered water must move freely forward.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

Obviously the problem is with the water cooler. Having a filter at home would not have stop you from this problem

Hypersonic
(edited)

hmm go watch the video lah guys.

It's quite informative.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
45 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

tap water contains chloramine, it kills bacteria.

if the filter remove the chlorine and you have stagnant water after, then bacteria will multiply.

so filtered water must move freely forward.

the filter must be changed regularly. 

Frankly, i think having water filter here in SG is pretty waste time. There maybe some suggestion that chlorine is not desired in pregnant women or babies. But its not strong evidence.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Blueray said:

Why filtered water may not be as clean or beneficial as you think

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/cnainsider/why-filtered-water-may-not-be-as-clean-beneficial-you-think-tap-14901036

personally think filtered water is not a need in SG.

during NS and ICT, drank water from any and every tap, am still here today. [flowerface]

u must try then u know the different.

many years ago i dun believe also.

i try because 1 of my neighbour jio me

no way back now. if i drink water without the filter, even boiled, got a smell i cannot tahan.

its the same for the whole family. lol

I use bodyluv the Korean brand filters for kitchen tap, toilet basin and shower head. Only intention is to filter the rust from the 40 yrs old hdb pipe. Have to change almost every month as the rust is pretty bad [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement